Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphite looks so similar to Black Pearl in the bottle but I love the look of it actually on the nails, I'd love to see what the other two colours look like!

Also, does Chanel have a mattifying primer? MAC primer broke me out.. and what's the most matte makeup they have? I hate being shiny and have an oily T-zone.

i have the same problem as lovey!!

i want to use chanel for my prom makeup- i have really oily skin, big problem because the oil oxidizes the foundation after an hour or so and makes me orangey :(

im looking for the most matte foundation too, and what can get the makeup to last 8 hours?

^Vitalumiere Aqua is matte. Mat Lumiere is matte. You could just look at the website really.

Thank you The Ida, the only thing that concerned me is the "lumiere" word because that generally means luminous and I want to be totally matte, seriosuly, any kind of shine looks awful on my skin, but I'm going to go and check out the counter today.

^I personally think that totally matte skin looks very dead and not very pretty, but "lumiere" means glowing, not shining...I think Chanel is your best bet for a matte foundation without it looking flat like most matte foundations do.

I have the Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Romance and Boy, and absolutely love them both, though I am a big Rouge Coco fan as it is. I want to get it in Antigone too, but that might be overkill...

I think Pixiwoo summed up Chanel's foundations pretty well here, maybe it'll help you guys up there ^^^

thanks cado, it was really nice to see them review it and try it on at the same time, great link :flower:

^ Mimosa might be released on April 4 (according to DeeDeeDeLovely) or by mid-April (according to Diedejan).

I think April 4 is the day it will be released online. I've noticed that Chanel.com's free shipping offers end right before the new collections are released. And the latest offer ends April 1st... :wink::flower:

I don't believe that the following swatches of Mimosa and Morning Rose have been posted yet:
Chanel Mimosa bottle2.jpg

Chanel Mimosa 2.jpg

I know that Mimosa is supposed to be the star of the Summer 2011 collection, but look at this beauty:
Chanel Morning Rose bottle.jpg

Chanel Morning Rose 3.jpg
Source: fashionpolish.com

Hello Morning Rose! :crush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many coats Morning Rose is going to need to look like that....

i like morning rose much better than mimosa. i think mimosa would garish on me. i am looking for a nice orange shade however. perhaps the orange fizz color will be mine.

Apparently this highlighter will be out in July - Ombres Tissées in Beiges

Picture-4.png

cafemakeup.com

It was used as a highlighter and eyeshadow in the Chanel HC SS11 show I believe

i like morning rose much better than mimosa. i think mimosa would garish on me. i am looking for a nice orange shade however. perhaps the orange fizz color will be mine.

same here - mimosa would be a disaster on me :wink:
ysl ultra orange is a great orange shade I can recommend

^I have that one too, it's really awesome. Bought it on sale since it was LE apparently

:flower: ^ Ida yeah that's one of the nicest orange shades as it doesn't clash with pale skin actually...

which foundation would you guys recommend - after seeing the video with the Pixiwoo-sisters I can't really say which seems the best...of course they say it depends on your skin type but eventually they seem to even claim that the ones for rather oily skin is more radiant than the ones for dry skin and all...can't make up my mind...anyone who tried different foundations by Chanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->