Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 Dallas

Those poor cowboys, victims of anti-cowboy genocide and of course the "trail of cowboy tears".

I'm not denying any of the history of the Indian people and what happened is completely wrong but a collection inspired by a culture is not always racist, at least to me. I see it as a hommage. And frankly, those headpieces won't be worn by anyone besides models in photoshoots. It's not like we're going to see everyday people parading in headpieces like those.

I'm done here. I'm not discussing my point of view any further.

2irxgdw.jpg

2cghb1j.jpg

vrzq83.jpg

4qilpj.jpg

Getty Images

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh i was hoping for something a bit more Daisy Duke and Farm H*e, so this just isn't doing it for me. :(

The "Ugliest Dress..." thread should be getting new posts shortly :lol: So much of this is hideous.

Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(13).JPG
Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(14).JPG

Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(15).JPG
Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(16).JPG

Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(17).JPG
Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(18).JPG

Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(19).JPG
Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(20).JPG

Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(21).JPG
Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(22).JPG

Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(23).JPG
Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(24).JPG

Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(25).JPG
Chanelmetiers-bestin-111213%20(26).JPG

bestin

Last edited by a moderator:
the collection has 94 pieces....karl really does go wild...

for me,the Edinburgh collection is more exciting, but i still admire the complex and delicacy of this prefall collection and that one long black dress with golden stars really catch my eyes

I'm waiting for a new head designer, most of the time Karls designs are utterly boring and predictable.

God what an eyesore. This has to be one of his worst collections.

Chanel is going to get a lot of flack for this show. But they won't care.

It is so disheartening to see the use of the Native Indian headress and make up in this collection. There is no sensitivity at all.

even though they are nothing really special, i quite like most of the heavier fabrics.

those jeans though... :wacko::blink:

Isn't that the essence of his pre-collections? Let's travel to some country/city, google about the culture, make themed outfits, wrap it in tweed and voilà.

Anyway, this looks terribly predictable and ugly.

:lol: You are right. That's basically it.

I think the barn says it all really.

Those headdresses are sacred to many tribes and hold deep spiritual/religious meanings. They're not just meant to be pretty. :rolleyes:

Crosses are "sacred" and "hold deep spiritual religious meanings" to a lot of people. Those religious icon images that have showed up on dresses are "sacred" and "hold deep spiritual religious meanings" to a lot of people. Was anyone "offended"?

Those poor cowboys, victims of anti-cowboy genocide and of course the "trail of cowboy tears".

This is something I've never understood. What do past wrongs have to do with a fashion collection today? And why is paying an homage to a culture a bad thing? When did it become a bad thing? Are people in Europe as trigger-happy to start complaining about it, or is this just an American thing?

Karl did a Russian collection a few years back. Russian/Slavic people have suffered all kinds of tragedies too, did anyone complain about that? And as a Slavic person myself, I personally wasn't offended by it either. Why is it usually the people who aren't even in the given group that seem to be the most 'offended' by the whatever currently hip insensitivity taking place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->