Chanel Pre-Fall 2021 Chenonceaux

Virginie Viard has cast a spell on me! She is turning this witch party on with immaculate silhouettes, absolute haute- couturesque embroidery, wearable pieces and black black blaaack which covers heads, t*ts and legs of these models. I very much appreciated her effort and progress. The only one thing I will never forgive her are these ugly tights and sometimes a slip in the styling.

Something cheerful in that year full of crap.

btw. wtf is Kristen Steward doing there apart from looking dumb ?

Wow I'm in love this collection already, it's everything I want in a Chanel collection. Opulence, wearable, rich in textures and materials, cute accessories (obsessed with the pearl studded headbands), a little bit of tacky (the leggings), just the right amount of everything. Virginie is like Karl, they are better at the Metier collections than the main one. She just need to have a little bit more sense of humor in the designs and accessories department

Just finished the Chanel catwalk book and frankly she doing a great job, I seen far worse collections from Karl in his first few years. I hope the suits let she stick around because last thing we need is a Chanel hypebeast

Ps: I was planned to visit this castle for my winter break but 'sigh' ...

Wow I’m pleasantly surprised for once it looks like there has been genuine effort and care put in

When I think of Granny Chic, this is not what comes to mind! :lol:

They really need a real stylist because those leggings won't do anything good for the house. I mean, as always with Virginie there are pieces that are ok and there are pieces that should be destroyed as soon as they get back to the backstage. That last look is borderline tacky, there was even a leather jacket that looked dangerously close to Versace, or Versace for H&M. The simplest silhouettes are the winners here but they are completely lost in the sea of irrelevant stuff and gimmics (that cone hat...).

I prefer the previous Metiers d'Art because that collection was lush and insanely luxurious. This one is just there. What bothers me is that Virginie claims all the time that she wants to design clothes that are simple and easy to way. At the same time she's been producing looks that are just ugly or dated. It can't be the same person who used to wear Helmut Lang and Margiela back in the days.

I had to go to VogueRunway to look at the pics more carefully, I wanted to be sure the ones in this thread were not distorted by the small size and...no, they aren't.
This is MUMSY-101: I mean now, several collections into Viard's tenure, it it obvious that this lady has no sense of proportion or, worse, a deliberate taste for matronly shapes.
Probably this is something that you can't acquire, pretty much like taste - non even spending years and years beside a millimeter-precise eye like Lagerfeld's.

There is a valid argument to sustain that her removal from Chanel's creative direction is as urgent as MGC's from Dior.

They really need a real stylist because those leggings won't do anything good for the house. I mean, as always with Virginie there are pieces that are ok and there are pieces that should be destroyed as soon as they get back to the backstage. That last look is borderline tacky, there was even a leather jacket that looked dangerously close to Versace, or Versace for H&M. The simplest silhouettes are the winners here but they are completely lost in the sea of irrelevant stuff and gimmics (that cone hat...).

I prefer the previous Metiers d'Art because that collection was lush and insanely luxurious. This one is just there. What bothers me is that Virginie claims all the time that she wants to design clothes that are simple and easy to way. At the same time she's been producing looks that are just ugly or dated. It can't be the same person who used to wear Helmut Lang and Margiela back in the days.
The stylist is SO NEEDED. There are things I see potential in but then they’re either layered, worn with tights or partnered with crimped hair...

Her two metier d'art collections so far are indeed her most inspiring work.
I'm glad that even tho she is bad at dress, she can still manage to create good jacket and coat, which are the fundamental two categories of Chanel RTW.

and can we talk about her obsession with those ugly leggings?...... I mean many Chanel royal customers aren't even slim figure for these kind things, I can't see any value of those leggings apart from some pretentious KOL may wear on ins.

Lol. I looked at the collection at Vogue.com and came here and saw the first few comments praising the collection. Thought I was in the wrong thread, then I continued to scroll down.

I was bored going through this collection. It's normally hard for me to find a standout piece in a Chanel collection, but then I'll see a look styled on someone and I'm surprised it's Chanel. I tried really hard looking for a piece but it all was so matronly or forgettable.

I think what's worse that the leggings is that they actually appear to be a spandex catsuit and not leggins at all. I'm not sure what is worse.

The hair and makeup are great. They remind me a bit of Ghesquiere's styling at LV, as does that grotesque, clownish look 5.

This is one of her better outings but still not a proper fashion proposition at all and completely all over the place. There are nice pieces here and there but to be honest but I don't think it's enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->