Chanel Pre-Fall 2021 Chenonceaux

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Dec 3, 2020.

1. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

absolutely no magic in it

Ghesquiere32, jeanclaude and dfl-001 like this.
  2. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

she goes from almost sexy to matronal in a blink of an eye.
    there are some nice pieces but some really horrible ones (the long skirts come to mind and the leather pieces look so so cheap that I cannot understand why).
    I also like the hair (in some models it looks bad, Othilia Simon for instance) but I love wavy and curly hair, and the make up is pretty too.
    once again the accessories and jewellery are the strongest.

now, those tights or leggings or whatever the f*ck that is have to be burned. disgusting.

did Carine style this? because some looks are horrendous.

3. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

I think the leggins in this collection are coming from one of Lagerfeld´s best collections for Chanel Couture (Fall/Winter 1996-97)

But of course Virginie does not have the faintest idea about how to make a legging look sophisticated (which is a real hard thing to achieve, by the way!).

4. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

This is atrocious !!! I am tired of her at Chanel !!

5. FelipeV

FelipeV Active Member

If this collection where a dish, it would be tofu.

6. annikad

annikad Member

Yeah I don't think I can forgive those Leggins either. Nope.
    Some of the black and white looks are actually quite good but I don't think she handles colour very well. Nothing seems to click together!

Ghesquiere32 and HeatherAnne like this.
  7. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

Interesting, I think she's the muse for this collection -- looks like the dumb crap she always wears.

8. JohannesL

JohannesL Active Member

If you put all her Chanel collections together, you couldn't tell which season were the clothes(most of them) from! With Karl, you don't necessary like/love each collection, but each collection had its place in the Chanel archive.

9. fakeawake

fakeawake Active Member

I think it is wild that I have learned more about fashion and styling from looking at Karl's collections than Virgine has and she worked with him. No I'm not gonna waste time spelling her name right, that's not how this works. Learning a designers name and pronunciation is part of being a fashion fan, so she won't get that.

For a Chanel collection this is a mess the leggings are really unacceptable - the fact that a couture house couldn't come up with a legging solution that isn't just stretch material shows how out of her element Virgine is. Even Kanye came up with ruched leggings as a way to use luxury materials on a legging...EVEN KANYE

10. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

It’s crazy how she can have such an incredible team but not the vision to manifest anything worthwhile.

Her idea process was to create a checkered skirt to match the floors. Like come on.

11. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The real difference between a designer and someone who happens to design the clothes...
    Karl's whole collection was build around the leggings being part of the silhouette or the gimmick of the collection (much like he did with the sneakers, the cycling shorts, the denim boots...etc.). Nicolas's SS2007 collection for Balenciaga was also a great collection build around leggings...

Virginie just styled it I guess to make it "younger" or "cool" but failed. Her tenure at Chanel is a mystery to me...
    The worst thing is that those leggings will probably be around 600 euros or more...

12. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

^ Agree, stylist don't make good designers. Hedi Slimane used to be a good designer (Dior Homme), and since moving to womanswear is nothing more than a stylist.

13. GoldenPetals

GoldenPetals Member

Lagerfeld's successor must have the easiest job in the world. The clothes haven't changed in decades.

franceslions, FelipeV and jeanclaude like this.
  14. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

I love Chanel but this is not Chanel, they're just clothes...very tacky ones at that.

15. 90sFan

90sFan Member

Dear Coco - that stylist has to go! OUCH.... this looks like a hot mess on top of a Jane Fonda aerobic video gear.
    What happened to Chanel!?!?!??! Apart from obvious Karl's parting....

Cory333 likes this.
  16. 90sFan

90sFan Member

Who is their stylist?!?! Really terrible job..

17. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

I have not been watching new fashion shows in a while (i had my reasons) and I have to say that she almost got me, the beginning was promising, but no ma'am, this is ugly and lifeless. That blue legging felt almost like witnessing a crime.

18. Cory333

Cory333 Member

I really wanted to like this collection and to some extent I do, but those leggings are truly like making a nice birthday cake and then putting *** on top of it. Also a bit too much tackiness and I have to agree to the comments on styling. I wonder how much more they could have raked in with this collection and a better styling.

19. Michael Grenenger

Michael Grenenger New Member

Couldn’t agree more - I’m a Chanel devotee but not feeling the vibe on this collection