Chanel Pre-Fall 2023 : Amar Akway & Rianne van Rompaey by Mikael Jansson

Chanel campaigns nowadays look just like any odd campaign. The prestige is gone. It no longer means anything.
All I'm getting from this is rinse repeat starting with the choice to go with the most overrated model right now, Rianne van Rompaey.

Strange that Mikael Jansson's work for Vogue Paris has nothing to do with his work for Chanel...

Amar in that second shot is stunning and the shot of Rianne with the red suit is great.
Overall very safe but I think it should have been an OG campaign.

One thing that I like about Virginie is that her campaigns are shot in location.

‘Karl presented a collection in Cuba to shoot the campaign in the south of France…

Chanel campaigns nowadays look just like any odd campaign. The prestige is gone. It no longer means anything.
All I'm getting from this is rinse repeat starting with the choice to go with the most overrated model right now, Rianne van Rompaey.
Emmm…though I like her But agree with you that campaigns nowadays are safe and boring…

Its giving another brand though the shot of Akway int he tweed suit and Rianne inthe red are stunning. Some of the pics seem to be poorly lit and lack focus not sure if it was intentional.

Quite an unremarkable series of images to have been photographed in a place like Dakar! The only campaign images here which appeal to me are the solo ones with Amar Akway - and I love me some Rianne van Rompaey.

The new one:

Tatler UK Digital Edition

and it was heavily retouched and extreme retouching should be banned

...still not a fan of this campaign. It's reading more editorial as opposed to advertising campaign, and a little disjointed and unpolished. I don't feel like I'm seeing the best of Dakar, despite Mikael Jansson shooting on location either. My fave images are still the solo ones of Amar Akway.

...still not a fan of this campaign. It's reading more editorial as opposed to advertising campaign, and a little disjointed and unpolished. I don't feel like I'm seeing the best of Dakar, despite Mikael Jansson shooting on location either. My fave images are still the solo ones of Amar Akway.
Can't agree anymore... The same goes for his last 2023 resort collection work without feeling the beauty of Monaco's Côte d'Azur. Also it's true this time, I basically don't see the connection to Dakar.

I hope they dropped Inez and Vinood. This is pretty bad, but an upgrade from those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->