Chanel Resort 2020 Paris

Overall it's far too casual for a brand of this caliber. I can easily pinpoint so many things that are completely wrong. The lace dresses, my god I feel so bad for them. Those bedazzled leggings? pants? are hideous. The big bows are grotesque. She even managed to make a bow bra/top. Also, what the hell kind of shape are those big pants? Actually, most of this is shapeless and frumpy. The shoes and bags leave a lot to be desired. As a debut this is a disaster. Anyone can manage an Atelier, but there can only be one designer. If Couture isn’t a hit, then it’s going to be Hasta la vista baby.

No, this is way better than any MGC's Dior collection.

would JW Anderson be a good choice in future?he seems sparkled and need bigger wings to fly higher.
I mean Virginie could still stay as studio director to guide and help the new designer if she accept such situation.

would JW Anderson be a good choice in future?he seems sparkled and need bigger wings to fly higher.
I mean Virginie could still stay as studio director to guide and help the new designer if she accept such situation.
If a situation like that happen, you can easily loose the respect of the Atelier and create tension in the studio.
If Virginie has to leave, most of Karl’s creative team might leave eventually. It might end up like what we have seen at Dior by Raf Simons.

Chanel has 2 teams of Ateliers...One for Couture and the other for RTW.

If a situation like that happen, you can easily loose the respect of the Atelier and create tension in the studio.
If Virginie has to leave, most of Karl's creative team might leave eventually. It might end up like what we have seen at Dior by Raf Simons.

Chanel has 2 teams of Ateliers...One for Couture and the other for RTW.

the team leave to where?......I mean it's not like Chanel fired Karl, he died, so I think they understand that it's not an option. The team is loyal to Karl not to Virginie to my understanding, even though Virginie is seen as a part of him, there is a difference.

Besides, who they can follow with? Virginie surely won't be able to create jobs for them, unlike Raf. And Chanel is the best offer anyone can ever get in fashion industry, at least till now.

So i think karl's team won't go anywhere, if Virginie failed, and would be smart enough to welcome anyone who trusted by Wertheimer on board.

^^
Let’s assume that she won’t fail...
You are so harsh guys...Over a resort show:lol::lol:
A designer rarely gets it right for his first show and I must add for it first year...

Karl’s design team wasn’t large: Pascal Brault, Augustin Dolmaillot, Amanda Harlech, Virginie and the Korean lady who did the textile...

If another creative director comes, I don’t expect from those people to stay at Chanel. The Weirthemers can put them at others antennas of their group.
When Nicolas left Balenciaga, Phoebe left Celine or when Raf left Dior they went with all their people.

Nobody as a creative wants to deal with the weight of the previous team.

Virginie is here to stay anyway...Like Sarah Burton.

And let’s not act like she hasn’t been instrumental at Chanel anyway. Karl drew the collections but those last few years, she had more and more involvement.

Just like Heather Anne I would hate for Chanel's identity to become diluted and that's the main problem for any designer that attempts to take the reigns. The codes of Chanel have to remain but there's also a lot of room for things to become more modern and streamlined. Not sure if Virginie will be the woman for the job.

It's her first solo collection and it's for a resort show, I guess we could not expect anything different than this. It's in line with what Karl did at Chanel and I'm good with it. Of course, even if we know that not all done by Karl was perfect, this lacks a bit of a magic touch which is my only concern with Virginie being the head designer at Chanel. I think we should give her more time, hopefully she will start experimenting step by step and find her way to keep the Chanel essence withouth making her work unremarkable.

ok i see some karl shapes that I didnt liked before anyways. but wow the rest were I can see more virginie i looooooveeee. OH and its important to say that I have seen the collection on video in motion first before I looked at the pictures. its so so different and better looking for me to see it in motion. there are a lot of looks that I really wanna buy and its alot. there are some really modern nice looking styles. i love the day time black lipstick beauty looks. reminded me of an darker looking chloe girl, not the ramsay chloe one.
i wish her to just fully do what she likes and not be afraid of what she thinks people are expecting of her. yeah it would be great to have an overhaul. but what she just did here i really really like and I can just say go for it! its not nice to compare here to maria grazia.her collections and her taste are just -___- im excited for her first rtw

The team is loyal to Karl not to Virginie to my understanding, even though Virginie is seen as a part of him, there is a difference.

Well, I've read a review from either the Telegraph or WWD (actually, I think it was WWD because they're in the business of back-handed compliments), and the writer mentioned that the loudest applause and hoots for the show actually came from backstage. Also, that a fashion editor thought the setting was 'very minimalist.'
But in general I doubt there will be any internal hiccups. Karl didn't just fall ill overnight. Chanel would've had more than enough time to look for a replacement if they wanted one, I think. And for such a well-oiled machine, I'm sure working relations and getting the right fit is more important than the name.

Keira Knightley also mentioned that she liked everything, and that it was great to see Chanel go full circle - meaning from female, to male, and back to female. I know it's a tired topic for many on here, but most of the reviewers also honed in on the female point and how much lighter it is. And from a marketing angle, it's probably wise to let Virginie at least stay a few seasons if they do intend on getting someone else.

Well, I've read a review from either the Telegraph or WWD (actually, I think it was WWD because they're in the business of back-handed compliments), and the writer mentioned that the loudest applause and hoots for the show actually came from backstage. Also, that a fashion editor thought the setting was 'very minimalist.'
But in general I doubt there will be any internal hiccups. Karl didn't just fall ill overnight. Chanel would've had more than enough time to look for a replacement if they wanted one, I think. And for such a well-oiled machine, I'm sure working relations and getting the right fit is more important than the name.

Keira Knightley also mentioned that she liked everything, and that it was great to see Chanel go full circle - meaning from female, to male, and back to female. I know it's a tired topic for many on here, but most of the reviewers also honed in on the female point and how much lighter it is. And from a marketing angle, it's probably wise to let Virginie at least stay a few seasons if they do intend on getting someone else.

Thank god she has the support of the team and the whole company as it seems like many people feel like she doesn’t deserve that position...
When in fact, she paid her dues and is more deserving than anyone else...

I love Phoebe, i also wanted her for Chanel. I even didn’t get the « Karl taking the bow with Virginie » as a way to aknowledge her.

Her getting Chanel is a reward for her loyalty...above Eric Dufour, Eric Wright, Arnaud Maillard..etc. She was always with him, humble, in the shadows. She is his heiress...
Yves unfortunately didn’t groomed anyone and closed the Haute Couture with him. He was like Chanel...

Karl is maybe like Dior...

We expect from designers to hit it right from the first season because we were traumatized by Galliano. But it’s actually pretty rare for anyone to hit it right just at the beginning.

I want to like this and I'm really rooting for her but I can't get over how sloppy the styling is, also the way some of these garments look badly fitted. It's a little disturbing to think that this went past her , after 20 years of working at Chanel

I love the finale, with Ola's walk :wub:

A soft debut collection with some nice looks. Interested to see what she does for S/S.

I'll give her a pass since it is her first show and it's resort. She will certainly have to prove herself when it comes to main seasons and definitely couture but I'm not all that confident in her.

Her Chanel woman seems to be a bit more sporty and that worries me. I'll wait though. Alessandro Michele didn't get it right on his first outing either.

I like the first 8 or so looks. Everything else is disjointed and not fully realized.

I'll give her a pass since it is her first show and it's resort. She will certainly have to prove herself when it comes to main seasons and definitely couture but I'm not all that confident in her.

Her Chanel woman seems to be a bit more sporty and that worries me. I'll wait though. Alessandro Michele didn't get it right on his first outing either.

I like the first 8 or so looks. Everything else is disjointed and not fully realized.

I think the challenge for her will be to bring the fantasy and that’s why I hope she will bring her costume design background.
She has worn Chanel almost everyday of her life for the past 30 years...
So I hope her Chanel will not be too pragmatic because that’s what she wears in her dailylife.
And it’s also the case for Couture. Unlike Clare or MGC, she wore Couture before creating it and while it’s great because she understand the world and the women wearing it, i hope it won’t be a limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->