Chanel S/S 04 Paris

last:
100118230.jpg

ugly, ugly shoe.
100118210.jpg

seems like a slight variation of the last spring collection he did... and the one before that...

still it's very nice :flower:

i wanna rock those accessories....so goes my neverending love affair with Chanel

Chanel can do no wrong

Originally posted by contessacolette@Oct 11th, 2003 - 3:27 pm
i wanna rock those accessories....so goes my neverending love affair with Chanel

Chanel can do no wrong
Amen! :woot:

oh. how lovely!

i love the coats... and the white dress!!!!

Those accesories, how predictable. :rolleyes:

What I don't like about those are Karl just made them the way they are, he didn't try to incorporate them into standard or classic bags. Not much thought were place into those. :yuk:

At Chanel, a Subtle Sense of Luxe

By CATHY HORYN

Published: October 11, 2003

PARIS, Oct. 10 — "Twenty years, and I've never thought to do a trench coat for Chanel," said Karl Lagerfeld, sounding as amazed as a baker who has never tasted his own bread. "But it's not really Chanel." A chain is, though, and in working up some embroidered trimming that looks at a distance like chain and tracing it around the collar and flaps of a trench, Mr. Lagerfeld found yet another way to make a classic pay.

For though he is a designer and the hired hand of the Wertheimer family, who own the house — he will often sit up in his studio and watch the procession of models and editors with the mild curiosity of town folk resting on their porches in the evening — Mr. Lagerfeld is adept at knowing what the market will want at a certain moment. He demonstrated this on Friday, as the spring 2004 collections hit the midpoint, with a Chanel show that sparkled with feminine clothes nicely underplayed with a laid-back sense of luxe.

Tweed coats in a blend of pink, rose and cream, including one woven with velvet ribbon by Lesage, appeared over skimmy dresses in silk prints. A fizz of tweed embroidery ran down the edges of the coats, and on their cuffs and collars were delicate patches of white cotton tatting, known here as "ouvrage de dames."

Whereas many designers can summon only clichés to express their feelings about women — the feather boa, the glamour-puss mule — Mr. Lagerfeld has chosen a medium far more contemplative: women's handwork. There were knit dresses and beach jackets that employed a similar technique, and for the dame who has everything, a crocheted bikini.

Though Mr. Lagerfeld professes to loathe nostalgia, he is a helpless addict of tradition, and some part of him always wants to preserve the past before it blows away and is forgotten. This summer, in the course of stocking his new underground library at his home in Biarritz, with some 100,000 volumes, he rediscovered a trove of old vinyl records, including Blondie's "Heart of Glass." He played the song as the models came out (smiling for a change) in their cardigans, old-fashioned rose prints and polished denim dresses glinting with jet and worn with low-heeled summer sandals. Mr. Lagerfeld occasionally does wear his feelings on his sleeve.

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 11th, 2003 - 9:52 pm

What I don't like about those are Karl just made them the way they are, he didn't try to incorporate them into standard or classic bags. Not much thought were place into those. :yuk:
actually a young belgian girl named leticia helps designs the accsoroies, olivier theyskens got her the interview. she met karl on a skateboard, she went to lachambre. i think its cool he hires young, hip street wise designers. chanels fun accsories keep it not so stodgy. and besides go to any chanel boutique and there will be several classic bags. the costume jewelry/accssories are very limeted.

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Oct 12th, 2003 - 8:36 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Oct 12th, 2003 - 8:36 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Oct 11th, 2003 - 9:52 pm

actually a young belgian girl named leticia helps designs the accsoroies, olivier theyskens got her the interview. she met karl on a skateboard, she went to lachambre. i think its cool he hires young, hip street wise designers. chanels fun accsories keep it not so stodgy. and besides go to any chanel boutique and there will be several classic bags. the costume jewelry/accssories are very limeted. [/b][/quote]
:wink: Lo is right,I forgot her last name,but Laetiticia is a accesoiries designer at Chanel

the collection has its good and bads and middles, imo. definatley some really cute clothing and a few pieces i'd never wear. one of the shoes was awesome, not the ugly one.....*shudder* eewww

i love chanel. and i never get tired of karl lagerfeld. i have to agree i love the accessories in this collection.

chanel is tops, always.

i think the thing people are missing is that karl does have sense of humour hence the accessories. he's not as stuffy as most people think.

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Oct 10th, 2003 - 8:58 pm
oh i love chanel always and forever :heart:
I agree, I love how they're evolving to suit a younger generation as well :heart:

My fav from this collection are the tweeds. I like Chanel, but I see it more my mothers speed than me personally.

Chanel - Spring Summer 2004 Full Collection

Page 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->