Chanel S/S 05 Paris

Diorling said:
Ya. I was shocked too, but Karl invented a new technique to create look-a-like tweed but much lighter, it was introduced in the S/S 05 RTW. The reason for so much fabric is because instead of just a piece of cloth, it is a piece of organdy and threaded through the tiny holes are the tweed threads, and to create the complex Chanel tweeds it would take A LOT of threads. Therefore they get the tweed look without the weight and they get more movement, it doesn't hurt that the price gets jacked up as well.

Kudos to Karl for advancing Chanel, I thought he had done all he could and was just content for mixing up what he's already done.
thats very interesting:flower:, where did u guys read it??

toohipforbrooklyn said:
thats very interesting:flower:, where did u guys read it??
I first heard of it on Style.com when Karl said a new type of tweed suits was used in the S/S 05 RTW and that was it. Then on Chanel.com the F/W 05 RTW interview Karl explained the technique thoroughly.

i ve tried the new jackets, definitely lighter and more flexible-
(but i think I should grow a bit older to wear them nicely, not ladylike enough)

so its not actually a mine of fabric, its a mile of thread?
because a mile of FABRIC is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

This show was brilliant!!! ^_^:heart:

But does anybody have a video of this show? Or some better images? All I can find from this collection is the photos from nymag? :unsure:

mt9mo6.jpg
vdfkty.jpg

2naoadi.jpg
2vmhic0.jpg

nymag.com

^ Style.com used to have a decent video clip but for some reason they took down all of the Chanel shows before F/W 05 a few years ago.

Loved this show too, mostly because Shalom and Kristen McMenamy opened it along with Linda, Naomi, Amber, Nadja, Karen Elson, Eva Herzigova...here's a video of them, but no video of the rest of the show unfortunately.
I remember Karl brought Nicole Kidman out of the front row onto the catwalk at his finale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kI2rQQvI9s

I think that there are some HQ's at celebutopia. I'll check out later.

Wow, I think Linda Evangelista looks stunning in that last but one picture!! Not all that impressed by Daria here to be honest.

Daria is very beautiful here, but the show's highlight was Linda, Naomi, Shalom, Kristen, Nadja, etc.

And of course, Nic Kidman at the end.

Someone on this board has to be as obsessive as I am about this show, I cant stop watching the clips I posted above, and somewhere there has to be the full list of what models walked this show? I'd love to read that! I am still swooning over the knits.

Almost five years later and I still think that that was one of Karl's best ideas for a show. The music, the faux paparazzi, the real paparazzi swarming around Karl and Nicole at the end....a fun show and a dead on commentary all in one.

Almost five years later and I still think that that was one of Karl's best ideas for a show. The music, the faux paparazzi, the real paparazzi swarming around Karl and Nicole at the end....a fun show and a dead on commentary all in one.
So true. A lot of his other show productions veer into the gimmicky territory, but this one was really spot on (SS 09 would come in as a close second).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->