Chanel S/S 2017 : Arizona Muse by Karl Lagerfeld

Love the shots with the black hair and the b&w one and that's it

Chanel's fashion side is slowly fading into oblivion... The gimmicks doesn't work anymore and the combo Carine+Karl is just too demodé and old to produce something exciting...

In fact, everything they've done together seems desperate to call people's attention. They try to be cool but they fail all the time. From the casting to the poses to the locations to the hairdos... All the attempts are absurd.

It's like a mother trying to appeal 20 year old boys with her daughter clothes... But mixing them in a way she thinks it's young and cool but it isn't. It's really ridiculous and absurd.

And I thought Vogue Japan with ADR was bad

commodified and so unattractive, i feel. but good for arizona muse.

A stale star for a stale brand. It's fitting.

I love Arizona but this concept is wrong for her. It's an awful campaign, entirely Karl's fault. He doesn't know what he's doing.

I will just pretend that this never, ever happened. Blue chip or not, :lol:. Like so many have noted, yes, she's not the right girl for this. Arizona Muse and classic, moneyed type of sophistication goes together like Kate Moss and rocker chic.

Karl should've gotten Joan or Soo Joo for this campaign. Arizona was the wrong choice.

From the videos on their Instagram, Arizona is just wrong for this campaign. She just doesn't fit with this kind of fun edge.

I was reading a magazine last week and the back cover was of the fifth shot in post #32. Every time I saw it it made me cringe; the posing, the styling, everything is just wrong. Chanel has the means and funds to create amazing campaigns and has had some pretty good ones in the past and yet we get..this? The collection was pretty atrocious, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have made an exciting, thought-provoking campaign. Arizona is not right for this - although I didn't like the art direction of the FW16 campaign, Mariacarla and Sarah elevated it to actually look decent. I haven't loved a Chanel campaign since FW15 with Anna and Lindsey. They need a big change for FW17.

I've never ever saw a fashion video as boring as that one. Had to stop it after 40 seconds. What a waste of time (for me) and effort (for them).

I think if one could get over the visual assault of this campaign and looked at each piece of garment individually, you'd probably find something you'd like; for example, the meticulously multi-coloured beaded jacket, but as it currently stands...what is happening :shock: It's just a mash of everything, like the challenge was to dress Arizona in the dark with whatever hands could find.

This campaign doesn't feel fun despite the incorporation of bright colours, it's just a mess, where you're unsure where you're meant to look or focus on. It feels like because this is for Chanel and the prestige that Chanel has forever surrounding it, they're just trying to push how far the idea anything goes WILL go, precisely because they have the Chanel brand as their stage.:ermm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->