Charlize Theron is back on the market...

justlooking

Reaction score
Charlize Theron 'rings off' after secret split with Stuart Townsend
By CAROLINE GRAHAM, MAIL ON SUNDAY LA CORRESPONDENT
Last updated at 10:17 PM on 30th January 2010
Comments (0)
Add to My Stories
For a lad from the outskirts of Dublin, Stuart Townsend seemed to have it all - a long-term relationship with one of the most stunning women in Hollywood, whose box-office clout brought in the millions.
But now his nine-year romance with Oscar winner Charlize Theron, previously considered one of the most stable unions in showbusiness, has come to an end.
The stunning 5ft 11in South African has told close friends that she decided to split from the Irish actor following a Christmas trip to Mexico and has since stopped wearing the antique ‘commitment ring’ that Townsend gave her as a symbol of their relationship.

Separate lives: Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend have split after their relationship 'ran its course'
A friend of the actress said last night: ‘Stuart is gutted but Charlize said that she realised during the Mexican holiday that the relationship was over.
‘They had become more like brother and sister than lovers. It was she who ended it.’
While Ms Theron can command more than £8million a movie, 27-year-old Townsend’s career has been less successful.
Even amid his relationship break-up he left the cast of Kenneth Branagh’s blockbuster Thor because of so-called ‘creative differences’.
It was his second big-budget movie setback, after being dumped from the career-defining role of Aragorn in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy in favour of Viggo Mortensen.

Bare hand: Theron's right hand was noticeably ring free as she manned the phones at the Hope For Haiti Now telethon last week

'I never take it off': Theron wearing the ring as a press conference in New York in November
‘Charlize has remained in their main home in the Hollywood Hills, which is in her name, and he’s moved all his stuff into their Malibu beach home that they own together,’ the source said.
‘They are sorting out their finances at the moment, as they have been together for so long that many of their financial affairs are intertwined.
‘Charlize has never made a big deal of it, but the truth of the matter is that she has been the major breadwinner. She truly loved Stuart but the relationship ran its course. He is heartbroken but she is insisting it is all over.’
To underline the point, the 34-year-old has ditched the Victorian ring depicting forget-me-nots that Townsend had given her.
She previously described it as ‘very, very precious’, adding: ‘Stuart gave it to me as a sign of our commitment to each other. I never take it off.’
But she was not wearing it during last weekend’s Hope For Haiti telethon, nor when she arrived at the Spago restaurant in Los Angeles on Wednesday night to celebrate her mother Gerda’s 57th birthday.
As she arrived at the celebrity restaurant, she refused to answer questions about the relationship.
And when a Mail on Sunday reporter approached her at her £2.5million four-bedroom home and asked about the split, she snapped: ‘That’s crazy.’

Togetherness: Theron wearing the ring with Townsend at the 2008 fashion show
But the source added: ‘Charlize said she was surprised the story hadn’t come out yet. But she didn’t confirm it because she wanted to break the news in her own time.’
Charlize and Townsend met in 2001 when they co-starred in the thriller Trapped. Her career subsequently took off, thanks to films such as Hancock and Monster, for which she won the Best Actress Oscar, as well as a £10million deal to be the ‘face’ of the Christian Dior perfume J’Adore.

Success: Theron, pictured at the 2004 Oscars with Renee Zellweger, can command up to £8million a movie
But her boyfriend has enjoyed less success, with credits including a supporting role in The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen and a starring role in the American television series Night Stalker, which was cancelled after just six episodes.
Charlize - whose latest film The Road opened in the UK this month - once said: ‘Living with another actor, you always feel guilty if things are going your way and it’s not going that way for the other person.’
In a recent interview Townsend said he considered Charlize to be his wife, even though the two never had a wedding.
He said: ‘I’m married. I didn’t do a church wedding or anything but we consider ourselves husband and wife. We love each other and we want to spend our lives together. I don’t need a certificate or the state or the church to say otherwise.’
He added: ‘I found this old Victorian ring with little forget-me-nots. I gave it to her as a sign of our commitment to each other. She’s never taken it off.’
Ms Theron credited Townsend as being ‘a ray of light’ in a life marred by tragedy.
When she was 15 her German-born mother shot dead her father Charles, a violent alcoholic, in front of her, after he threatened to kill them both. Gerda grabbed the gun and shot her husband in self-defence.
Charlize said of the tragedy: ‘Our lives have gone on. It’s something that will be in my blood for ever. It’s something that I can’t change.’
Last night a spokeswoman for Ms Theron said: ‘I never comment on her personal life,’ while Townsend’s spokesman did not respond to calls for comment.

On-screen lovers: Theron and Townsend co-starred together in 2004 film Head In The Clouds, alongside Penelope Cruz

Source:
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...cret-split-Stuart-Townsend.html#ixzz0e9jmfGOt

Well that was out of the blue. Never really cared for Charlize's private life you know because Stuart is well Stuart, a bit bland. Good relationships can run their course which is not a bad thing at all.

Well, I've heard Stuart is a bit of a diva... he did get "released" from 2 films after filming commenced (Lord of the Rings, Thor). And usually people are astonished that someone like Charlize is sticking with him.

that's too bad they were together for a long time.

btw,stuart is 37 not 27.

Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
http://www.buzzfoto.com/2010/01/blin...lind-item-262/

This star has a husband who doesn’t bring in hardly any income and is fine living off his rich celebrity bride. He told his friends he has married the golden meal ticket and has gotten into the habit of having his buddies over at her expense. The men will sit around and play video games all day, drink, dabble in drugs and watch sports. The buddies have even been treated to several trips to the strip club from the money this actress has pulled in. The hubby apparently has no regard for his wife or her feelings and now gets angry if she tells him to send his friends home.
This star is so fed up with her mooch of a husband that she is having a lawyer look into her finances to see what her options are. Because they have a child/children she doesn’t want a divorce, but she wants to separate their finances completely and cut him off. Can you blame her?

Not Jessica Alba.

if it would not say: married - I would assume it is/was Charlize Theron and Stuart as he rarely seems to work

let's see if they really split up ! this would be sad news - they have been together for so long (by Hollywood standards that is)

^ they don't have a child / children though...

If this is true i'm sort of sad to hear it...they seemed like one of those non hollywood couples that maybe had a chance. :mellow: they both seemed really grounded and pretty stable to me..

/ you are right! they just have dogs together :wink:

i didn't read the blind item properly again - and just saw the-married-theme as not matching but true: no kids as well...

but the rest could be more than true I imagine :smile: he doesn't seem like a hard worker

I'm getting a déjà-vu on this. Like we had this thread posted a couple of years ago.

I probably said the same thing which is that I've never had time for Stuart. The way he acted after being replaced in LoTR was pathetic. Peter Jackson has never said a bad word about him just that it wasn't working out and they needed an older actor but Stuart went off on a rant and even started mouthing off about New Zealand. Yeah a whole country is to blame for you got replaced Stuart.

Until it's confirmed to People mag or whatever it's just hearsay. Not having your commitment ring one day means nothing.

Yay I hope it's true! good riddance! Charlize can marry me!
Lol okay but hey, I remember joking about Charlize dating a soccer player or something back in her style thread, who knows with the world cup coming anything can happen!

^ Oh my...a stunning, statuesque blond Oscar winner back on the market...how sad... :innocent:

The Daily Mail (which is never wrong) is confirming it as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
wow I did not see this one coming these 2 been together forever:blink:

until it's not confirmed by a page like people i won't believe it. sorry guys

I've heard the same thing about Stuart's diva-ish behaviour... :/ But, you know, I've always liked Charlize, so if she wasn't necessarily happy with Stuart, I'm glad she ended it!

they were stunning together. seemed like they really cared for each other.

imho the perfect couple. and they looked really in love and happily connected.

dont think stuart's a diva...

Wow! The last couple on Earth I would imagine splitting. Their relationship seemed so strong! Good luck to both of them.

Charlize And Stuart Stopped Believin!

charlizestuartbrokeupmaybe.jpg

This rumor about Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend breaking up really makes me want to poke a hole through an apple (NOT LIKE THAT), top it with the good s*it and puff puff puff away. Actually, I'd probably want to do that even if I didn't read this s*it, but now I have a reason!

The Daily Mail says that Charlize Theron dumped Stuart Townsend after 9 years together. Charlize is no longer wearing the commitment ring Stuart gave her. A friend of Charlize's said that she quit his as* around Christmas times, because she no longer felt the tingles for him in that way. The friend went on to say, "They had become more like brother and sister than lovers. It was she who ended it. She truly loved Stuart but the relationship ran its course. He is heartbroken but she is insisting it is all over."

You know what would've saved their relationship?! You know what would've made them fall in love with each other all over again like the first time? Roller skating in each other's arms to "Don't Stop Believin'." Magical things happen when you click your roller skates to Journey:

Then they'd consummate their new love by finger ban*ing each other in the parking lot while a bunch of kids laughed at them. It would've been beautiful.

And in order to support Stuart, Charlize would've turned to a life of murder... Okay, maybe it's best they didn't roller skate to Journey after all.
dlisted.com

i heard that, not only is he a diva who has had tough time "handling" charlize's success, but also person with a certain problem we're not supposed to talk about in here *sniff* and that that might be no.1 reason for his attitude on set that's beyond tolerable.

complete douche some might say. :wink:

btw, until i heard all these stories about his behavior and "habits" i always thought he's cool, and i loved them as a couple, but...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
http://www.buzzfoto.com/2010/01/blin...lind-item-262/

This star has a husband who doesn’t bring in hardly any income and is fine living off his rich celebrity bride. He told his friends he has married the golden meal ticket and has gotten into the habit of having his buddies over at her expense. The men will sit around and play video games all day, drink, dabble in drugs and watch sports.

I skimmed this post too quickly and read that as 'the men would sit around all day and dabble in drugs and water sports.' As you can imagine, I was a bit taken aback. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->