Charlotte Rampling

Her comments were ignorant and offensive. She actually said "But do we have to take from this that there should be lots of minorities everywhere?"

What a horrible woman.

I can't believe she said that. I've listenned to the whole interview over and over and I'm just disgusted. I truly feel sad for her though. You'd think a woman like her, who's led such a great life full of experiences and different people would know better. But I guess some people just can't help to confirm the stupid stereotype of ignorant & prejudiced old-people.

I was so very happy to see her norminated because her performance in 45 years is truly sublime, and I love Andrew Haigh but now I'm really disappointed. I can't bare people who are so stupid and disconnected from reality.

I liked her performance a lot in 45 Years (though the movie was so-so overall) and I genuinely do adore Charlotte Rampling, but I am very disappointed with her comments. She does need to better grasp the situation, because clearly there is a racial bias going on in the industry and with the Oscars.

D6oFDRQ.jpg

vogue.fr

This is terribly unfortunate, I refuse to believe her statement as any malice intended. Anyway, she's still a tremendous actress and will obviously redeem herself from this faux pas.

She issued a non-apology... and basically said that people misinterpreted her interview, but that's definitely not true. :rolleyes:

Actress Charlotte Rampling attends the 88th Annual Academy Awards nominee luncheon on February 8, 2016 in Beverly Hills, California.
88th_Annual_Academy_Awards_Nominee_Luncheon_2nd3.jpg

zimbio

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if she'll go for Armani or Yohji. Or maybe Chanel. She said in the NY Times that a dress was made for her in Paris.

Charles Finch and Chanel Pre-Oscar Dinner
27 Feb 2016 - Madeo Restaurant - Los Angeles, California United States

13siQ1i.jpg

Ninth Annual Women In Film Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party Presented By Max Mara, BMW, M.A.C Cosmetics And Perrier-Jouet - Inside
26 Feb 2016 - Hyde On Sunset - Los Angeles, California United States

k328ERq.jpg

Celebrity Sightings In Los Angeles - February 25, 2016
25 Feb 2016 - Los Angeles, California United States

jwu20KH.jpg

zimbio.com, elleuk.com

Yohji on the Oscars red carpet would knock me out honestly but I think she'll be wearing Armani Privé. Depends on wether Cate wears Armani or not.

Actress Charlotte Rampling arrives on the red carpet for the 88th Oscars on February 28, 2016 in Hollywood, California.
o58wbjp.jpg

zimbio

I hate the whole look especially the shoes

UK Vogue June 2016

THE CREATIVE REVIEW PT.1
PHOTOGRAPHER: TIM WALKER
TALENT: EDIE CAMPBELL, LORD SNOWDON, BRYAN FERRY, JEAN CAMPBELL, GEORGIA MAY JAGGER, JERRY HALL, DAVID BAILEY, FENTON BAILEY, SASCHA BAILEY, STACY MARTIN, EDDIE REDMAYNE, ADWOA ABOAH, ELLIOTT JAY BROWN, KATE MOSS, LILA GRACE MOSS, LILY DONALDSON, KAREN ELSON, MICHAEL CLARK, TILDA SWINTON, GRAVITY FATIGUE DANCERS (STEPHANIE MCMANN, INPANG OOI, MARSO RIVIERE, JACK WEBB), BEN WHISHAW, CHARLOTTE RAMPLING, NAOMI CAMPBELL, FKA TWIGS, GRAYSON PERRY, PETER BLAKE, ANTHONY JOSHUA, STEVE MCQUEEN, KEIRA KNIGHTELY, STELLA TENNANT, ERIN O’CONNOR & DAVID HOCKNEY
SET DESIGN: EMMA ROACH (EDDIE REDMAYNE, GRAVITY FATIGUE DANCERS, CHARLOTTE RAMPLING, FKA TWIGS, PETER BLAKE AND ANTHONY JOSHUA, STEVE MCQUEEN, STELLA TENNANT) & SHONA HEATH (LILY DONALDSON)
HAIR: SAM MCKNIGHT MAKE-UP: SAM BRYANT (ERIN O’CONNOR JEAN CAMPBELL & EDIE CAMPBELL)
HAIR: SHON MAKE-UP/GROOMING: SAM BRYANT (STELLA TENNANT, KEIRA KNIGHTLEY, STEVE MCQUEEN, PETER BLAKE, ANTHONY JOSHUA, TILDA SWINTON, KAREN ELSON, LILY DONALDSON, ADWOA ABOAH, EDDIE REDMAYNE, GEORGIA MAY JAGGER, JERRY HALL & BRYAN FERRY)
HAIR: SOICHI INAGAKI MAKE-UP: SAM BRYANT NAILS: IMARNI (FKA TWIGS)
HAIR: SHON MAKE-UP: ALEX BABSKY (NAOMI CAMPBELL)
HAIR: SHON MAKE-UP: MIRANDA JOYCE (CHARLOTTE RAMPLING & STACY MARTIN)
MAKE-UP: ISAMAYA FFRENCH (MICHAEL CLARK)
HAIR: SAM MCKNIGHT MAKE-UP: MIRANDA JOYCE (LILA GRACE & KATE MOSS)
HAIR: GIANNI SCUMACI GROOMING: MIRANDA JOYCE (DAVID BAILEY, FENTON BAILEY, SASCHA BAILEY)
GROOMING: GARY GILL (LORD SNOWDON)

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

UK Vogue June 2016

THE CREATIVE REVIEW PT.2

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member