'Cheap Products' Raves

I adore everything Nivea makes - it is cheap but takes good care of my skin.

dove soap (forever!! :D )
johnson & johnson baby softwash (i have no more tears :P )
hyaluron acid (jp brand)

Attachments

• hiaruron.JPG
    hiaruron.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 347
ill add a few:
-cetaphil for days when i don't need to scrub
-tea tree oil for when i can feel a zit coming, or sores in the mouth
-lash discovery mascara with the teeny tiny brush, the brush is fantastic, the formula is good enough for the price
-palmers cocoa butter that comes in the big tub, it smells fantastic!
-fruit of the earth aloe vera gel... so many uses: shave gel, moisturizer, eye cream/primer, face mask: keep some in the fridge and when ur face feels puffy (dunno if this makes sense but after coming home from a bar w/smoke my face feels heavy) and apply cold liberally all over face, put cucumbers on eyes, relax and then just wipe excess off.
-castor oil that comes in the big tubs in the african hair section, i put a little put on my eyebrows and eyelashes to condition them
-carmex yellow or blue lip pots
-smiths strawberry lip gloss
-garnier 'fresh' toner, waaay better then proactiv toner!

Last edited by a moderator:
For everyone who lives in Central Europe - Alverde (DM brand) - especially jojoba cream and cleansing milk.

Nivea is my favourite budget brand- most of their products agree with my skin and are very effective.

Other stuff I like:
Weleda (don't know what the prices are like elsewhere but they're quite cheap here)
Revlon make the best budget lip glosses, easily
100% shea butter as an all-purpose softener/balm
Honey and aspirin for a mask
Olive oil/other oils to cleanse face with or to moisturise or to put in bath with essential oils
Brown sugar and olive oil to use as a body scrub
Almond meal, grapeseed oil and essential oils mixed together for a homemade version of Dr Hauschka cleansing cream
Rosewater from the deli for a toner
Aloe vera gel (either straight from the plant if you have one in the garden or from the supermarket/chemist) for just about everything
Generic brand makeup wipes, sorbolene cream, etc

Johnson&Johnson Baby Oil gel - easier than the regular formula, put it on right after your shower and it's better than any other product for soft skin

Dove soap and body milk
Barbara Daley (Tesco) eyelash curlers
Maxfactor mascara
L'oreal elvive and John Frieda Brilliant Brunette hair prodcuts

- Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunscreen
- Burt's Bees Lip Balm
- Rimmel Mascara (the one with lycra)
- Covergirl brow gel (I think it is marketed as a mascara AND brow gel, but I use it as a brow gel to give them some shape and hold and it works wonderfully)

I really love my Olay facial cleanser. I get the Total Effects Anti aging Anti blemish one.

It leaves my skin clear and very soft.

Gosh body lotione; Smells nice and quikly dries up
Simple face wipes; Just really like them.
Rimmel nail polish; Stays on forever. Like 3 months or so

i just found out about these tiny body sparys by an italian brand called Bonbons? or is it Malizia? lol not sure, either way, i found them at supermarket once for like 5$ a bottol, they have like 4 or 5 scents and i got them all :P
i think they'r ment to be for kids or teens or whatever, but they look and smell so darn cute!
i def. dont use them when i go out, i just use them at home, after showering and stuff, but their lasting power is POOR.. so yeah eventually u get what u paid for.
another thing is Dove's glow body silk cream. it has the most subtle shimmer ever, AND it moisturizes really good AND is dirt cheap.. :D

Botanics Body Butter, so rich and moisturising, smells good plus it's only £5 for a huge tub!

Yves Rocher Arnica hand cream and Lavendar foot lotion.

Castor oil for a pre-shampoo hair treatment on my chemical free natural 4B hair. I also use a dab on my ends when they're dry.

Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion (the one in the big dark bronze bottle) - my skin drinks it and it smells so good.

queen helene mint julep mask, it smells lovely and freshens my skin and shrinks pores & seems to even the tone. love it. recommended for people with oily skin (like me) because it's a clay mask.

drugstore.com

Attachments

• 300.jpg
    300.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 247
Last edited by a moderator:
Yves Rocher Arnica hand cream and Lavendar foot lotion.

Castor oil for a pre-shampoo hair treatment on my chemical free natural 4B hair. I also use a dab on my ends when they're dry.

Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion (the one in the big dark bronze bottle) - my skin drinks it and it smells so good.
I agree - Yves Rocher levander line is great. Works perfectly!

I have only good things to say about Neutrogina.

Many are mentioning Nivea, I would rather recommend Garnier. Nivea is the most basic care one can get. It is true that they usually don´t have any bad ingredients, but they also don´t contain any cell-communicating ingredients or antioxidants or BHA acids etc.

I personally only buy Paula´s Choice. Her line is not the cheapest, but it is very well made. I also wouldn´t say that it is expensive - containers are pretty big, they are also always hygenic, ingredients are superb. Thank God she also ships from Europe - the Netherlands actually.

I have another big rave - Maxfactor Masterpiece. This mascara is unbelievable. Your eyelashes will be thick and long, but won´t look fake. It stays put the whole day, but is easily removed in the evening. When you cry, it mysteriously doesn´t paint your whole face. It is a complete miracle. At the moment I also have Lancome Hypnose and the newest one from Chanel and Masterpiece is a proof that cosmetics market absolutely tries to con people into leaving them more money than they should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->