'Cheap Products' Raves

^ That's pretty old school, no? There was a sample in my Allure magazine - and a coupon for $2 off. :smile: Where can you buy Palmer's? I didn't see it at the store last time I went.

I like Suave as a clarifying shampoo. That's truly cheap.

^ That's pretty old school, no? There was a sample in my Allure magazine - and a coupon for $2 off. :smile: Where can you buy Palmer's? I didn't see it at the store last time I went.
Well Boots in the UK...don't know about USA though

I have to admit, I'm in love with Tresemme products, especially the No-Frizz Shine Spray (it evaporates so it's always really light) and the Heat Tamer. Oh yeah, I also like the Anti-frizz cream and the Curl-enhancing mousse. They all smell good, are very light-weight, and are surprisingly good quality for a drugstore brand.

-Palmers cocoa butter, especially during the winter, and on my legs post shaving

-aspirin/honey masks for my face. I swear to God, NOTHING has given me better skin than this. Nothing. This is the first time in my life that I havn't even gotten a single blemish during my period. Normally, I'm a mess during that time of the month, but my skin is soft, even, and radiant even when I'm crampy, irritated, and bloated.

-aussie moist conditioner. It isn't my holy grail conditioner, but for something you can buy in a huge pump dispensor bottle for 5 dollars at Target, it works really well. On days where my hair is feeling especially dry, I add a touch of honey to the conditioner and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing with cold water.

-cetaphil cleanser. I use it all over my body. During the summer, I dont even have to use a body lotion because my skin never becomes overly dry from washing.

-Tresseme hair spray in fine mist. It holds my style without drying out my hair, or making it feel crunchy. It still moves and doesn't look like a helmet

- Everyday Minerals makeup. Non irratating, well priced (for min makeup), great colour choices, 3 different formulas for matte, glowy, or mixed finishes. Easy to use, and a pot lasts forever! Go to their website and get a free sample package (you have to pay shipping, which is something like 3 dollars?) You get 3 different foundations, a blush/bronzer, and a concealer. They come in little pots, but if you are applying correctly, you should be able to get atleast 4 uses out of them. Because we all know a one time use of foundation isn't a true test!

-Sonia Kashuk (from Target) metal eye lash comb. Using a metal eyelash comb makes a huge difference in using my mascara. It makes even the cheapo drugstore mascaras look great. Just be careful because they are tiny little metal pins near your eyes!

These are just some staples that I've found that are irreplacable. I've tried all of the high end brands, and these really do compete well for pennies on the dollar. And plus, why spend more where you dont have to? I take all of my extra pennies to the bank for those new Louboutins I want!

-Sonia Kashuk (from Target) metal eye lash comb. Using a metal eyelash comb makes a huge difference in using my mascara. It makes even the cheapo drugstore mascaras look great. Just be careful because they are tiny little metal pins near your eyes!

I use this and it's amazing. I think I got it after reading up on it at MUA. It really does separate your lashes. Those pins do hurt! I once poked my eyelid with them.

I also just found out about physician's formula mineral wear mascara. it's talc free and awesome. The comb has two side, one is like a brush and one side is like a comb. It feels great and doesn't bother my contacts. It's also under $10.

Can anyone reccomend me a good drug store face mask suitable for oily skin that actually gets rid of spots (so many I have tried do nothing for spots)

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, it was on old fave of mine until I became a Lush convert.
Thanks, can you just get that at Boots/Superdrug?
I'm a Lush convert too, but I don't use their masks because of the expiration date and I don't live near a lush store so its hard to repurchase fortnightly

Personally I hate Dove and will never use their products because of their Real Beauty campaign...but that's just my opinion. Also a favourite of mine was this powder foundation by Cover Girl (the kind in the blue case) but since I'm not into animal testing, I don't use it anymore.

Cheap products I do love though:
CO Bigelow Mentha lip shine (it was mentioned earlier) in the Root Beer flavour-It is a lovely thing to carry around. The mint does freshen my breath a little but I'm all about the flavour.

Liplicious lip gloss (available at Bath and Body Works also) in Watermelon Sorbet-It's an intimidating colour because it's a bright pink and it's not sheer; however it turns out very lovely and looks good on everybody. Not to mention it smells and tastes SO good.

Jane eyeshadows-For a drugstore brand, you can't beat them.

Sephora brand eyeliners-Simply the best liners I have used. You cannot beat the price, and the shade selection is great.

Patricia Wexler Universal Anti-Aging cleanser-This is simply the best cleanser I have ever used. I love how it works for all skin types (if you have acne, you'll want to use her acne cleanser) and it is so gentle that you don't need a separate eye makeup remover. The price may seem steep-$16 for 5.1 ounces-but it's dermatologist designed.

NO-AD Glitter Tan Gel-It's a lovely gel designed to be used like a tanning oil, but it has gold glitter which just makes the tan look all the better. I got it because my dad hates the tanning oil smell (this does not smell like tanning oils), and I like to tan, so keeping the parentals happy is good.

Bath and Body Works Temptations 3/1's-Yet another one that might qualify as a splurge, because it's $12 for a 16-ounce bottle. It's a body wash, bubble bath, and shampoo. The difference between it and some other multi-products is that this actually moisturizes well and has vitamins. I have been using it as a shampoo for about a month and a half now and I love how it makes my hair feel so soft and not to mention it smells absolutely divine (I'm using Alluring Apple right now, next it's Cinnamon Bun Heaven).

Thanks, can you just get that at Boots/Superdrug?
I'm a Lush convert too, but I don't use their masks because of the expiration date and I don't live near a lush store so its hard to repurchase fortnightly

I actually got mine from a black hair shop, sorry I didn't realise they were in the UK, I'm sure I've also seen it in those discounted toiletry shops and also those places that sell everything with mops and plastic containers outside.

I like Klorane's shampoos, I don't know if it's available in the US

I actually got mine from a black hair shop, sorry I didn't realise they were in the UK, I'm sure I've also seen it in those discounted toiletry shops and also those places that sell everything with mops and plastic containers outside.
Thanks, I'll keep a look out for them :flower:

yep...A lot more refreshing than toilet paper. Hope that wasn't too much info.

cetaphil+baking soda= great face exfoliator. Just mix both and gently massage your face (keep the eye area clean)
Then rinse with water and moisturize.

Soo good and cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->