Child Beauty Queens

i can't think of a more wasteful way to spend one's time. it is just vile.

I saw a documentary on this called "Living Dolls". People drop thousands of dollars each year so that their kids can compete in these things. The travel, entrance fees, lessons and cosutmes are really expensive and all add up. Why not put the money towards something more constructive like private school or competitive sports? :rolleyes:

Model_mom, I think your concern for Ali is a sign of a responsible parent :flower: . Some people just don't care and want their kids to become famous and rake in the cash for them. :sick:

:shock: I went to the mall a few days ago and there was a kid pageant there...

Those are the prettiest lil things I've ever seen...but damn..some of em are too adult looking because of their make-up and hair...like walking porcelain dolls..

There was a mother there who I noticed was scolding her child telling her that you messed up again how many times do I have to tell you? Its so simple! You could have won instead of gotten 4th place!

This kid was probably around 6-8 :angry: ....now I sat and saw the whole thing and I remember that girl and I never recalled her messing up. Whatever mess up her mom was yelling about was so insignificant my friend and I did not detect it.

I couldnt help myself and I told her, what type of mother puts their kid down like that? Your daughter was wonderful up there, yet you yell at her for a lil mistake. its not all about winning its supposed to be fun for your child and how could she if she is only concerned about pleasing you!!! She's a small child for crying out loud! You shouldn't be making her think she is a failure!

She started to yell and said what business is it of yours??!!!

Lady, you make it everyones business if you choose to unjustly scold your daughter in public like that. I hope when she gets older she'll give you back what you deserve. Its people like you who dont deserve children because you rob em of their childhood.

And I strutted out. :lol:

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:39 pm
:shock: I went to the mall a few days ago and there was a kid pageant there...

Those are the prettiest lil things I've ever seen...but damn..some of em are too adult looking because of their make-up and hair...like walking porcelain dolls..

There was a mother there who I noticed was scolding her child telling her that you messed up again how many times do I have to tell you? Its so simple! You could have won instead of gotten 4th place!

This kid was probably around 6-8 :angry: ....now I sat and saw the whole thing and I remember that girl and I never recalled her messing up. Whatever mess up her mom was yelling about was so insignificant my friend and I did not detect it.

I couldnt help myself and I told her, what type of mother puts their kid down like that? Your daughter was wonderful up there, yet you yell at her for a lil mistake. its not all about winning its supposed to be fun for your child and how could she if she is only concerned about pleasing you!!! She's a small child for crying out loud! You shouldn't be making her think she is a failure!

She started to yell and said what business is it of yours??!!!

Lady, you make it everyones business if you choose to unjustly scold your daughter in public like that. I hope when she gets older she'll give you back what you deserve. Its people like you who dont deserve children because you rob em of their childhood.

And I strutted out. :lol:
BRAVA Sephora!! :clap:

this is kinda not related but it shows the lengths some people will go to to get their kids famous I was watching this programme ages ago it was a hidden camera type show, u know the type ! well ne ways they preteneed to make a programme like survivor but it was for 6 year olds. It was a lot more dangerous they said there were wild bears and boars on the site and they wouldnt feed etc. and it sounded like their children would be torchered. The people who were making the tv programme were so surprised when people achualy signed there children up for this !!!!! Luckerly such a programme didnt exsist !!!

When I was about eight some lady approached me and my mom in the mall and asked me to join. I really wanted to go but my mom wouldn't let me, I really resented her for it at the time, but now I understand.

I think these pagents are stupid and a total waste of time. Girls have lots of time later in life to make an educated choice about wheter or not to join one.

Originally posted by banana@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 8:38 pm
I saw a documentary on this called "Living Dolls". People drop thousands of dollars each year so that their kids can compete in these things. The travel, entrance fees, lessons and cosutmes are really expensive and all add up. Why not put the money towards something more constructive like private school or competitive sports? :rolleyes:

I saw this too and thought the same thing! It was crazy!!! There was one mother who built a catwalk and would make her daughter walk up and down this thing even when the little girl was crying...the little girl was only 5 years old! Her mom had previously been in the military and was constantly barking "military like" orders to the kid! I can remember them talking about how they spent -like $80,000.00- that year on fees, dresses, lessons, etc. :wacko:

Most of the mothers are just fanatics about these pagents and this one was yelling at her little girl because she forgot some steps in her dance routine!

These little girls...most of them around 5 years old had fake hair, fake tans (most of them used tanning spray :wacko: ) and loads of make-up!

I could never put this much pressure on a little child!

:lol: I think that kid was named Swan or something. My boyfriend and I were joking about how she's going to grow up to be a p*rn star.

I am 100% against the sexualization of children, in any form, for any reason. :hardhead:

I remember watching something on HBO about child beauty queens... I was disgusted. They doll them up in more makeup than Christina Aguilera and the judges are these creepy middle aged men... It really made me thankful my parents didn't quit thier jobs and drag me around the country living thier lives through me. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->