Chinese Slippers

They're selling them at Max and Gino's for $65 now. And people actually buy them too. People have been wearing the cheap version for a while here though.

Those are so old, they were wearing them here last year :lol: People usually drag them around rather than wear them :lol: :lol:

I hate them with such a passion that when my shoe broke on 14th street and 7th avenue or so last year I decided to walk with a broken shoe than buy those (the only choice on that street at the time :innocent: ) :lol: Girls have been wearing them in NY for quite a while- I am still trying to figure out how anyone walks in those.... Then again, I also used to find flip flops obnoxious... :blush:

omigosh tell me about it... you're lucky you didn't have to survive through an extra year of noticing them. they we the 'in' thing like last summer in paris (and all of europe basically) *sigh* everyone and their f***** mother had them. i think they're ugly! and whats worse is that they arent even a 'new' trend here in america... jeez i feel like we're so ********... we only realize something is in about 1 year after its original climax.....AGH.

Originally posted by foxinthesnow@May 4th, 2004 - 12:52 pm
Then again, I also used to find flip flops obnoxious... :blush:
Flip flops are terrifying.
No one should ever wear flip flops outside of the beach :sick:
I see it all too often here!

if you pay more than $5 for those your getting ripped off. my grandma wears the same thing and she gets them at the chinese market for like $5 a pair.

i think they are kind of cute. well certain colors. my sister wears black ones with a white ruffled skirt and i think it looks quite sophisticated. she has some fuschia, gold and green sequined ones too. i think the other colors look kinda cheap.

I think they are cute. I don't have any, but I might pick up a pair the next time I go to the Asian grocery. I have seen them there before and thought they were pretty.

They are total weekend shoes, however. I wouldn't wear them to work or to anyplace particularly formal.

I personally think they are great - I have several pairs. People here in NYC have been wearing them for a while. I would not pay more than $5 for them, though.

I think they're cute.

Urban Outfitters has some now I believe :flower:

They look too slipperish though. I'm not a big fan of comfy/casual wear type deals ( I despise flip flops).

Originally posted by brian+May 6th, 2004 - 6:07 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ May 6th, 2004 - 6:07 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-foxinthesnow@May 4th, 2004 - 12:52 pm
Then again, I also used to find flip flops obnoxious... :blush:
I see it all too often here! [/b][/quote]
I was starting to think I'm the only one. Maybe it is just dirty city life and knowing what my feet will look like by the end of the day :shock: or a rather strange and bizzare fear of stubbing my big toe.... :lol:

i used to see girls wearing these a year or so ago here... i thought some of them were cute with jeans, but now I'm so tired of seeing them.

Originally posted by foxinthesnow+May 12th, 2004 - 2:26 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foxinthesnow @ May 12th, 2004 - 2:26 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by brian@May 6th, 2004 - 6:07 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-foxinthesnow
@May 4th, 2004 - 12:52 pm
Then again, I also used to find flip flops obnoxious...  :blush:

I see it all too often here!
I was starting to think I'm the only one. Maybe it is just dirty city life and knowing what my feet will look like by the end of the day :shock: or a rather strange and bizzare fear of stubbing my big toe.... :lol: [/b][/quote]
Oh no, you are far from being the only one. Casual for me means: kitten heel sandals. Besides, my dad says he much rather pay for a pair of Jimmy Choos than to see me in a pair of flip flops. Hey, who am I to complain! :P

i've seen them around here as well, but honestly...
Chinese or not.. slippers should really stay at home,
they are not for streetwear , they seem cheap and weird to me, as if someone could not afford a 'real' pair of shoes :ninja:

(i can't even wear mulles , they remind me of slippers.. hence a no-no for street )

I think they're cute and I've had lots of pairs through the last five years. I only wear them to the beach though. They get worn out very very fast, they're so cheap that it doesn't really matter. They have been a huge trend last year here in Denmark. People wears them with jeans, minis, anything. THAT's horrible ... :blink: :sick:

I have 2 pairs of those slippers, both black. I wear one at home and the second pair is stashed under my desk at work. I sometimes wear my home pair out, when I make a quick dash to the grocery. They're perfect indoor slippers, super comfy.

I used to like those, when a small group of people used to wear them...now the whole Abercrombie trash, house maids and crap are wearing them all over, I even see them at the dollar store for 50 cents, they're too overdone already :wacko:

Even though I love wearing flip flops out :heart:

I saw this girl walking around downtown Toronto last weekend with those chinese slippers on. The streets aren't very clean. I think my foot has to be at least one inch off the ground for me to have parts of my feet exposed or else I will get germ phobia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->