Chloé F/W 2022.23 Paris

Her husband might be a Chloe investor
No. It's the sustainability initiatives that crossed over from her eponymous label to Chloé that seduced Richemont. Her label is, however, is partially owned by LVMH, so there's a chance of her taking over Dior after Maria...

please stop this nonsense and get a new designer before the name Chloe becomes a thing of the decades past...
She should have done these sartorial exercises at the fashion school, not publicly on the runway. what a waste of EVERYTHING

Chloé has always been about lightness, a lot of flou (that’s what defined the Chloe’s aesthetic in the first place), good outerwear but much more than that, a certain active vision of fashion, not precious, not « luxurious ».
What I regret is that she completely erase what the brand has been about. It’s like she is thinking « they called me because of the success of my brand so I might just do me »…
Chloé has always been an anchor for Richemont in terms of fashion. I wonder how they are doing now…

But i guess she has a 3 years contract and it will probably end next year.

Poor Chloe brand,
No vision, no direction and its all over the place.

Phoebe's Chloe collection from almost 20 years ago is far more resonant and youthful, than this garbage. They need to can this b!tch before Chloe turns into Sonia Rykiel 2.0.

^ Actually, I was thinking about Phoebe at Chloé some time ago and it's such a missed opportunity that it's not heavily referenced by the house now. That look would be such a hit again, especially with louder collections such as F/W 03 and the Paddington bag. I know that Natacha referenced some of the pieces from Philo's tenure, but now it would make sense to go full on with that mode.

Phoebe understood the spirit of Chloe. That’s one thing she knows is to understand the spirit of a brand. I wasn’t necessarily fan of her Chloe personally but she was into something. It felt « easy ».
It was the same for Clare…

Since Hedi at YSL, suddenly everybody wants to leave it mark (or stain) on a brand. Back then the talent of a designer was seen through his versatility.

I think with Natacha and now Gabriela, it's safe to say that It's one of the houses that if you have it or you don't have it in you. And Gabriela doesn't have it.

Clare's success set the template for what modern Chloé women look like. They had a chance to continue that route and still have the same success. I don't know why after Clare, Richemont suddenly decided to do a 180°, and now the house is suffering from that decision.

I like Natacha, but her clothes are over-designed and the styling made everything more complicated. And with Gabriela, her silhouettes are bulky and too serious.

Turn out it wasn't so easy to design for Chloé after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->