Chloé Resort 2025 Paris

I’m not convinced by her Chloe.

Something about it seems downmarket, even the first big show - I didn’t like it. There’s not enough savoir faire and there’s not enough care put into the fit. All these big ruffle dresses are just that…big. Where’s the sense of proportion…idk…it just looks messy and Zara level patterning/construction. I just get very major “one round of prototypes only” vibes.

It just feels like exactly what you’d expect Chloe to look like. No surprises, nothing special, nothing to covet.

Why do y'all keep saying, "too many bags" in all these threads; when you know that handbags as a middle market is a major selling point for most labels, and especially the most successful ones? Totally confusing, that line of questioning and noticing.

That said, I think Chloé has long lost its cool factor since the days of Stella and Phoebe. Would like to see some of that recaptured; but not sure how they can modern-twist their way back into that. Knowing that Y2K is recirculating in the trend game, it's not impossible. The bohemian elements need a more fresh take. Some of the shots feel crowded- the use of two models was not necessary in some of the shots. The lighting I do not love. We should have been able to really see each look without the gimmick of still shot motion.

Gabriela can do better. She can make this cooler.
Pre-season/off-runway/lookbook is about appetizers though, runway is main course.

It's even better than her debut. So many good pieces. The big skirt at the end. The banana t-shirt. She's in the right track.

Not even on purpose you can come up with such terrible bags. So much hype around the brand and they couldn’t get it right for a second time. I sometimes don’t understand how these brands work. I’m sure someone in the offices saw this and thought it was not right.

I really thought Chloé was going to revive with Chemena but I have my doubts now.

i wish they could have open their minds to let the black model also have long flowy hair, people are critiquing this too harshly for it being a lookbook

Those sneakers, the yellow leather shorts and the babydolls I can't stand. They tried for a care-free "just threw this on" kind of styling but it doesn't work. Ends up being all over the place. The bags aren't the greatest, but I've also seen worse.

Not mad at the jewelry though admittedly. Shame the collection isn't strong enough to lift it up because there's some really nice pieces in here.

There’s not enough savoir faire and there’s not enough care put into the fit. All these big ruffle dresses are just that…big. Where’s the sense of proportion

Claire's looks better and more interesting with the cut and colours
But it took her a few years to get everything right, this is only Chemena 3rd collection so I am open to her ideas, still better than Gucci or McQueen or Ferragamo and most recent new appointments

They need to stop hyping her up so much though and just let her chill for a bit

Chloe Spring 2016
Chloe_RS16_4268.jpgChloe_RS16_4034.jpgChloe_RS16_4258.jpg

Chloe Fall 2015
chl_lb_fw15_030.jpgchl_lb_fw15_044.jpg

She won’t get Lotta back. Maybe Suzanne Koller…
She needs edge. Her Lanvin wasn’t that bad after all, we were just mad that Alber was fired in the less elegant way.
Jane How could be good, she did Claire Wright Keller's Chloe and she styled the height of Isabel Marant 15 years ago, she understands that French sexy girl

Boho
Claire's looks better and more interesting with the cut and colours
But it took her a few years to get everything right, this is only Chemena 3rd collection so I am open to her ideas, still better than Gucci or McQueen or Ferragamo and most recent new appointments

They need to stop hyping her up so much though and just let her chill for a bit

Chloe Spring 2016
View attachment 1277352View attachment 1277353View attachment 1277354

Chloe Fall 2015
View attachment 1277335View attachment 1277331
lol
All that gold overcrowded styling bling screams NOchill, you could see that already in her lanvin.
Thats why shes not the right fit.
She had 9 months to édit the show, and the preco (which is basically the show) with Lotta to help.
I doubt she has the capability to édit in short terms cycles

Slightly off topic but my god, one of the things I find baffling is how often the choice of stylists pop up on TFS - I find it rather questionable when a designer allows for too much outside influence on their vision - I think that's what I enjoy the most about the old-school designers, like the Japanese and the Belgians, where all of that is handled internally. I find it admirable when somebody like Hedi Slimane controls all aspects of his vision or when Olivier Theyskens draws every look he puts on the runway!

Slightly off topic but my god, one of the things I find baffling is how often the choice of stylists pop up on TFS - I find it rather questionable when a designer allows for too much outside influence on their vision - I think that's what I enjoy the most about the old-school designers, like the Japanese and the Belgians, where all of that is handled internally. I find it admirable when somebody like Hedi Slimane controls all aspects of his vision or when Olivier Theyskens draws every look he puts on the runway!

The job of a stylist is more than just putting the clothes together and presenting them for show/lookbook.
Sometimes I think designers when they are designing, kinda live inside their creative bubble, and sometimes they get lost in it. That's when a stylist comes in, they help to elevate the vision of the designer and make them look at the clothes from a different perspective.
I mean we already see that together their dynamic partnership helps to create a total universe that is not only believable but also desirable
We already see it with Nicolas & MAS and how their relationship is interchangeable with his creative process. Or Tisci's vision at Givenchy couldn't have come to fruition without the help of Carine.
The choice of a stylist also marks the evolution of a designer. Even old-school designers like Karl at Chanel. If you put it in the context of his evolution, he can see his clothes were different during the Carlyne, Carin,e, or Amanda phrases. And you can see the impact of Manuela Pavesi on Miuccia. Prada is just not the same anymore after that.
With Hedi, I think because of his obsession with total control, that's one of the reasons why his vision is no longer fresh. But when his clothes were styled by Emmanuelle Alt for her magazine, they instantly became fresher and more desirable.

I think the same. It's crazy how much input they have and how important they are to achieve a good or bad result. In the case of Prada and Miu Miu it was so decisive.

I just don't get the same designer can say yes to the Lotta styled prefall and to this.

I feel like the all the big stylists rn are just pushing the same ideas, they barely have independent points of view from each other, the work of Lotta could be the work of Elodie could be the work of Suzanne so on and so forth..

Carine, Carlyene, Lori G, Patti, Camilla, Karl, Joe Mckenna all had really strong signatures and worlds and tastes imo.. idk what happened..

The styling/photography is meh but Kamali is the new it female designer that the fashion world is looking to elevate. From Beyonce to Anya Taylor Joy we'll see more of this. But will customers want to buy at these prices?

^It's not that expensive if you compare it to other brands. I think people saw the 30K dress and thought everything was as pricy. It's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->