Chloé Resort 2025 Paris

Jane How could be good, she did Claire Wright Keller's Chloe and she styled the height of Isabel Marant 15 years ago, she understands that French sexy girl
Yes maybe but I would rather have Chloe as an idea of international boho chic rather than it reality… Which is exactly how it is looking in this lookbook. The French Boho chic a la Isabel Marant is something to take a distance from a little bit I think.

I have seen that girl all my life. I find that rather boring so I like when it’s a little bit more interesting in terms of styling because a tank top and a flow skirt…That’s her uniform when she hits the streets in the summer.

The job of a stylist is more than just putting the clothes together and presenting them for show/lookbook.
Sometimes I think designers when they are designing, kinda live inside their creative bubble, and sometimes they get lost in it. That's when a stylist comes in, they help to elevate the vision of the designer and make them look at the clothes from a different perspective.
I mean we already see that together their dynamic partnership helps to create a total universe that is not only believable but also desirable
We already see it with Nicolas & MAS and how their relationship is interchangeable with his creative process. Or Tisci's vision at Givenchy couldn't have come to fruition without the help of Carine.
The choice of a stylist also marks the evolution of a designer. Even old-school designers like Karl at Chanel. If you put it in the context of his evolution, he can see his clothes were different during the Carlyne, Carin,e, or Amanda phrases. And you can see the impact of Manuela Pavesi on Miuccia. Prada is just not the same anymore after that.
With Hedi, I think because of his obsession with total control, that's one of the reasons why his vision is no longer fresh. But when his clothes were styled by Emmanuelle Alt for her magazine, they instantly became fresher and more desirable.

I understand that, but I find it baffling that some of these stylists work with multiple designers on such an intimate level, informing the design process in some cases far too prominently. To me, that's a clear violation of confidentiality and I would not want to have an outsider involve to such a degree, knowing that they also consult for other competitors.

Nowadays, you have merchandisers, stylists and who-knows-else interfering with a designer's design process. I think it shows in the work of people like Maria Grazia Chiuri at Dior or the Proenza Schouler boys in New York where everything is smoothened out around the edges in an attempt to please every market, every age demographic, etc. - Hence the reason why runway shows are often devoid of a real designer's handwriting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->