Chloé S/S 11 Paris

from the beginning of her tenure, i've resisted any suggestion that hannah macgibbons found herself in any way inferior to her predecessor, paulo melim andersson, because she never ever, unlike andersson, committed that original sin of forgetting about the heritage of the house: with this collection, she committed that very sin. this collection, as so many have mentioned, is a calvin klein collection. it's a good calvin klein collection, but it's not a chloe collection. not by any stripe of the imagination. and this comes at a particularly pressing time as we have entered, seriously, THE PERFECT CHLOE SEASON. marc jacobs is doing that seventies thing. fendi is doing that seventies thing. gucci is doing that seventies thing. why wouldn't the quintessential seventies' girl house not do seventies?!?

this is more than an off collection, this is a missed opportunity. sure, she got boring with her work at chloe, which, in a recession, is forgiveable, but designing for a completely different house? fashion blasphemy.

** do not quote images, please**

style.it

I know , what a moron seriously in a time when the Chloe era style clothing is in fashion she does something so bizarre , not only alienating the customer base or whats left of it , but changing the ethos of the house lol. If she makes another off the wall collection , I wont be surprised if they can her ***.

Last edited by a moderator:
my fave Chloé collection since as far back as Fall 06/07.

baby-doll or no baby-doll dresses - the brand finally got the groove back on. i'd say it's the least trying-too-hard-to-impress-with-a-cool-design they've had in years!

yes it resembles CK/JSander to me, yes. but (!) it's a good and solid collection, the colors and the fabrics: very springy, very sexy, and yessss... very Chloé.

btw was disappointed with Celine this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those ballet flats are trulypictured over are beyond hideous. Even on runway models they make for a gait so ugly and flat footed that it is totally divorced from the balletic elegance and fluidity Hannah wants to suggest with this collection.

Personally, I don't mind that the Chloe girl has grown up. The reality is that Chloe has always been an expensive label and while 20 somethings might aspire to wear Chloe - the ready to wear client is typically older. To me the dresses are still very much in the spirit of the chloe of old. I felt that the Autumn/winter season's chloe was much more appealing. I really think Hannah missed a trick when she totally bypassed the 70's vibe which has been picked up by so many designers this season.

It's not bad, I think it'll grow on me. Except the shoes which I sort of hate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->