Chloé F/W 2024.25 Paris

70's Romanticism with a touch of gaudy 2000s Western influences meets Glastonbury, with a great sense of ease and flou. It's nice to see Chloé back to something like this, and to not have such stagnant walls of fabrics or such overworked looks.

However, the styling is just effed up on some of these. The tucking into the boots AND the socks for the pants (skirts... chiffon films?) is just weird and don't even get me started on the prolapse shins on the pants in look 15 and look 42. There was no need for this. The simpler, the better Chemena.

I'm sat here just as impressed as everyone else - Chemena Kamali delivered and I'm so proud. This whole collection just feels like it's right on the money to propel Chloé back where it belongs, and everything has been executed wonderfully (including the guest sat front row like Sienna Miller, Jerry Hall and Pat Cleveland). Soft, feminine, romantic, wearable... the list goes on! :heart:

What a stunning debut! Chamena really brought back the soul of the cool Chloe as opposed to her sad lesbian counterpart that Gabriela tried to shove down our throats. And all this without gimmicks or trying too hard, can’t wait to see how this new Chloe will flourish.

Am I the only one who is just a bit disappointed with this? Too much literal archive digging, I'd like to see something more progressive. I liked what Gabriela and Natacha did with the brand, they had their own voice. Maybe Chemena develops her own in the future, or at least stronger one.

looks very easy and chic, clothes that will stand on their own. No one has been doing this hobo vibe without looking like those gen z "healers" right now.

Great collection. I love that she went all in and gave you a CHLOE collection. Knowing fashion these days, she might not get another chance next season.

Am I the only one who is just a bit disappointed with this? Too much literal archive digging, I'd like to see something more progressive. I liked what Gabriela and Natacha did with the brand, they had their own voice. Maybe Chemena develops her own in the future, or at least stronger one.
I get your point, but Chloé has been out of the map for years... I think she wanted to say out loud "hey, Chloé is back" and she felt like she needed to go back to what people think Chloé is.

It is like ressetting the past 6 years. And yes, maybe it's too 70's, maybe it's too much flou, but I think it is what Chloé needs at the moment. Nobody knew anymore what Chloé was all about when Gabriela was there. It was insipid, it had zero soul. Shows were next level plain. The fabrics she chose were terrible. Super stiff and not in a good way. It wasn't desirable.

Here I see she wanted to bring back the old Chloé, the légèreté, the nonchalance... Glastonbury, 2008, the Olsen twins back in the days, the st*pid way of wearing the bags in the elbow (which I found cute here), the 70s... I think if feels just right and desirable. It is not Nicolas Ghesquière in 2008, it is not Helmut Lang... It is OK, Chloé doesn't need to be that.

I think she will develop her aesthetics and I hope she goes a little bit more pop (more Stella McCartney era in a way). I wanted to see bananas idk why (the invitation had one in gold, right?)

We are seeing still the oversize fashion everywhere, which has been out of fashion for a long while now (since Phoebe left Céline). Designers are still doing it (Matthieu for example). A change was long overdue and Chemena was brave enough to go for it.

The mid/late 2000 didn't do a comeback yet and she's been the first. There's a longing for that. There's a longing to look downtown, fashiony, cool, chic, whithout looking you are trying too hard, without being a fashion meme. There's a need for EASE. There's a need for cuteness. There is a need for "underdesigned" garments (everything is too over-designed). There's a need for cozy, airy, supple fabrics. There is a need for warmth. There is a need for fun and to enjoy. There is a need to not want to look super clowny in a fashion way and overdone. And this show gave me all that.

J’adore!!! Loved the bags and accessories. Not a huge fan of the shiny leather pieces but I don’t really mind. Overall, it’s chic. Parisian. Definitely has the essence of Chloé as it should! She is THE right fit for the brand. And her son running to her in the end is just endearing. Can’t wait to see what she does next for the brand

Ver exciting debut! I feel like she is able to wear everything and that makes the experience even better. I love a good old 70s glamour. I loved when Hedi went full 70s at the Céline too, so I’m curious to see her develop her own language. Well done! Love it!

Nobody else extremely distracted by the front row all wearing the same clogs? It was hard watching the show because of that distraction.

View attachment 1251669
Yes too, and they are fugly, but the way Chemena quickly tossed her kid away was funnier.

I welcome wholeheartly this new era of Chloe !! She brings back the fun, but with brilliant outerwear that suits everybody !

Did I spot Pieter Mulier front row too ? It's always enjoyable when designers take times and encourage other designers...

Short and light pieces! and legs are out! Gabriela will be holding her rosary beads tighter tonight.

This is such a feel-good collection, it’s been a while since I’ve seen those.. I need this look and I don’t even know.

Really strong debut! happy she brought the label back to what we used to love it for. 🖤

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->