Chloé F/W 2024.25 Paris

Loved it!!! I Rush to the TFS to see what u guys think!!! I was hoping to see something like this... Those colors!!! The boots, the completely covered feeling but transparent....everything made me think of myself in my younger days. Love that seventies energy... I hope she continues digging in that decade!

Short and light pieces! and legs are out! Gabriela will be holding her rosary beads tighter tonight.
Gabriela should be at least commended (and not dissed at) for making Chloé a sustainable brand, something every single high end brand excepting Stella McCartney has been reluctant to achieve at this point in time (which is deplorable). I know I initially made a mistake in posting in this thread, because I believe in pluralism and I get most of you are OG Chloé fans (I am not) and are more into the vintage bohemian 70's look. However, I think Gabriela has a very specific and contemporary vision of bohemian, which particularly older people couldn't be able to endorse.

^Fashion and sustainability… Can those words coexist in the same sentence?
Black-and-white thinking is the main problem in the world today. Perhaps, you are in a way right, yet trying to be better and improving in regards to sustainable and ethical practices does make a difference and a bigger one than most people think. It's sad that most people underestimate this fact and prefer to be cynical and conformist about it.

^^ I'd add that if there's one designer trying to create a modernised version of boho, it was Natacha Ramsay-Levi and her s/s 2019 collection. Hearst has a very narrow vision, and her vocabulary is too limited to work for two brands at the same time. And even if her fabrications were good, the silhouettes were too heavy for Chloé. Someone described her as a limousine liberal designing for limousine liberals and that's spot on, but it's just not the same universe as Chloé. I feel like her appointment as the creative direction was just a miscast, conceived for wrong reasons. That's also why people are so happy about Chemena and her bohemian style, because it just feels like a much-needed comeback.

Someone described her as a limousine liberal designing for limousine liberals and that's spot on
Gabriela is a limousine liberal for caring about the world despite her wealth? So it's better to be a Chloé at the same price point without all the sustainability nonsense? I get it. I don't know why I keep posting in this forum, it's apalling to see all this cynicism.

I wasn't even talking about her sustainability claims. It's simply a description of her aesthetics. But nice try, I guess.
I guess I completely ignore everything of what you are exactly referring to, since I fail to see the relation between her aesthetics and being a limousine liberal.

Hmm all of this transparent, paper thin fabrics for winter? And whats with the ugly shaped coats? I don't see anything incredible here. At least it's not the oversize ultra serious art collector look but still...meh.

Ok, the boots are good. They're gonna sell like hot bread.

Last edited:
Yes, that lush, bohemian Chloé feel had been missing from the fashion landscape for too long - I think last time we saw that done tastefully was from Hedi at Celine some years back, but it‘s something everyone associates with Chloé. I‘m reliefed she‘s not going to be a provider of that pseudo-intellectual art gallerist wardrobe championed by too many designers today.

I expected something a bit more surrealistic along the lines of Karl but for the start I think this lays a good foundation for the Sienna Miller and Kate Mosses' of today.

Yes, that lush, bohemian Chloé feel had been missing from the fashion landscape for too long - I think last time we saw that done tastefully was from Hedi at Celine some years back, but it‘s something everyone associates with Chloé.
Some looks immediately took me back to Hedi’s switch at Celine after the backlash.. it’s similar, but this has the lightness and femininity that is always missing from his work.

Some looks immediately took me back to Hedi’s switch at Celine after the backlash.. it’s similar, but this has the lightness and femininity that is always missing from his work.

That’s because Hedi (like Peter Hawkings now at Tom Ford) comes from menswear, so it’s normal there’s been a stronger focus on tailored separates than on flou - It’s hard finding a designer who is good at both, people like Jil Sander or Helmut Lang were for example never well known for dressmaking and I will yet have to see Lemaire working with fluid silks other than on oversized shirts!

I'd take the pseudo-art gallerist look any day over the stay-at-home wife undergoing a mid-life crisis look with a hint of nostalgia for vintage curtains and their hippie mothers (despite them voting Trump and pro-life). I know architects amongst other power female professionals also prefer the former look.

She's definitely bringing that 00s boho hipster girl back, which is the true Chloe girl for me.

A solid debut, but I didn't care for the accessories.

I'd take the pseudo-art gallerist look any day over the stay-at-home wife undergoing a mid-life crisis look with a hint of nostalgia for vintage curtains and their hippie mothers (despite them voting Trump and pro-life). I know architects amongst other power female professionals also prefer the former look.
This description of the Chloe customer is… a reach

This is very warming and soft, it definitely has that Chloe 2000s vibes, I love it a lot, it is so romantic and nostalgic in all the best ways possible. Another one that gives me hope for fashion. So many good looks that have design to them, albeit not too pretentious and conceptual, but so lovely!

If I may speak from my personal experiences meeting boutique owners and their clients who fall into that category during fashion weeks and art gallery events - They were exactly the kind of people who would instantly dismiss an element of fun in fashion. That discretion-at-all-costs kind of attitude towards fashion is why 'Quiet Luxury' became such an expected clichée, often lacking lightness, sensuality or an element of glamour - People may want to look competent and smart but without an element of fun, it’s all a bit too studied and severe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->