Christian Dior Cruise 2025 Perthshire

And then LVMH keeps bragging and bragging about all their "sustainability" programs...yeah, delivering this kind of crap in an almost fast-fashion pace is very sustainable. Executive lies, lies and lies...

No words.. just emojis. :👎🏿😿🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🆘

A hideous parade of drab clothes that I can’t see on the bodies of her clients (dead or alive). It lacks so much, for what it lacks in direction and inspiration it makes up in cringeworthy moments, that text on that dress is brutal…..

I can’t believe they’re letting her do these collections, is there none at Dior who can see this bullsh*t? What does the staff feel about this? Maybe they’re exited to not work overtime anymore?

OMG, the coat with the pictures! :lol: This girl is so lazy. She gets paid millions for that. I can’t even. How much do you think she will last at Dior? It’s so vile.

Aside from the clothes (lol) I wonder if zhuzhing up her presentation style would help with a kind of desirability. Part of what makes it look so merchy and boring to me is like okay here's everything in this fabric, now here's everything in this fabric, now here's everything in this one... etc etc like she's putting the entire showroom on the runway. How about putting a little bit of each personality on the runway to intrigue people to think about the possibilities and make them desire to go to the showroom or store and see what else there is?

Aside from the clothes (lol) I wonder if zhuzhing up her presentation style would help with a kind of desirability. Part of what makes it look so merchy and boring to me is like okay here's everything in this fabric, now here's everything in this fabric, now here's everything in this one... etc etc like she's putting the entire showroom on the runway. How about putting a little bit of each personality on the runway to intrigue people to think about the possibilities and make them desire to go to the showroom or store and see what else there is?
Changing up the presentation will do nothing. It's mostly taste issues, when she does something a bit outside of her lace dressess she self implodes. In this instance she tried with the tartan looks and the thick white burton virginal dress fabrics. All tastelessly copying her down to the boots, minus the razor-sharp tailoring.

A beautiful location for this Simone Rocha X Vivienne Westwood colle... wait... WHAT?

"BOSSY, FIERCE, EMOTIONAL, HYSTERICAL, DIFFICULT, FEISTY, NAG, MOODY" ... Is she too dumb to realize that "nag" is a noun [and verb] so it doesn't fit in a list of adjectives? Or that "feisty" is in no way an insult or criticism? (In fact, "DUMB" would have been a better example of a sexist cliché, but that would be an irony too much, I imagine.)

I wonder how many women will buy that with some poor husband's money.

DIOR

When you thought there was no humanly possible way to make a more matronly collection, the tartan print enters the conversation.

Do you really think this is matronly? Personally, I think it isn't matronly enough. 95% of the collection is cut extremely slim and waisted for a start. Then you have mini skirts, thigh-high boots, transparency, corsets, and overall quite revealing silhouettes.

Maria Grazia has done plenty of matronly silhouettes in the past, but in this collection, we have to be fair in our criticisms. This is certainly not a collection designed with an older or conservative woman in mind. If anything, it was designed for a fantasy Dior customer that probably doesn't exist aka. her young and beautiful daughter, who has a massive influence on the aesthetics of the brand. Her "coming of age", if you will, went hand-in-hand with Maria Grazia's feminist awakening in terms of designs.

Just look back at MGC's Valentino collections and you will see. Zero political influences. The moment her daughter comes back from majoring in Gender Studies in London, you start to see this very aggressive emphasis on design pieces like the "We Should All Be Feminists" t-shirt, and then the influence of artists like Judy Chicago and Claire Fontaine, etc etc.

The point is, the brand is clearly courting a younger clientele, which is why they put so much emphasis on appearing socially and culturally conscious. Clothes like these shown in this collection has little appeal to a "matronly" customer, tartan included.

_51A9497.jpg
VOGUE

Maria Grazia being Italian, identifying as a feminist and talking about the life of her mother and her daughter, I couldn't stop thinking about her while watching the fantastic movie Che Ancorra Domani directed by the brilliant Paola Cortellesi.

Like Paola, I wish Maria Grazia had been more subtle and cunning in trying to drive home her defending women's rights than printing such a literal and questionable slogan as 'We should all be feminists' on a t-shirt. She cannot escape the paradox of calling herself a feminist while also being bourgeois and working for the interests of her bourgeois male employers to make money and have a job.

Dior, although it may have you believe it works for the interest of women, is an enterprise which has historically catered to the whims of women of the bourgeoisie who economically oppress women of the working class like seamstresses for its investors to make a return on investment.

Parisian couture ateliers are full of hard-working working class women who live the suburbs, take the subway to go to work and will probably never experience the luxurious lifestyle of the artistic director of a major fashion house.

Natalie Baye, who plays a seamstress working in a couture house very similar to that of Dior in the movie Haute Couture says that she doesn't do her job for the money and while I can understand that sentiment, the first and foremost motivation to get a job is to make money. You have to be able to pay for a house, water, food and electricity before you can have a passion.

Last edited:
Like Paola, I wish Maria Grazia had been more subtle and cunning in trying to drive home her defending women's rights than printing such a literal and questionable slogan as 'We should all be feminists' on a t-shirt. She cannot escape the paradox of calling herself a feminist while also being bourgeois and working for the interests of her bourgeois male employers to make money and have a job.

Dior, although it may have you believe it works for the interest of women, is an enterprise which has historically catered to the whims of women of the bourgeoisie who economically oppress women of the working class like seamstresses for its investors to make a return on investment.

Parisian couture ateliers are full of hard-working working class women who live the suburbs, take the subway to go to work and will probably never experience the luxurious lifestyle of the artistic director of a major fashion house.
It's kind of silly to aim at Maria Grazia for this, I mean... there's no ethical consumption under capitalism. The problems aren't ones to lay at her feet, she's just another pawn in the game. Aim higher with your criticism about her being a feminist and... oppressing working class women?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->