Christian Dior F/W 2002.03 'Mongolian Warrior' Animal Hide Boots

brian

Reaction score
i've always loved these boots... my chances of getting the actual pair shown will more than likely be slim to none... can any of you help me out? i know galliano ripped off the idea of these from mongolian tribesmen ... anywhere i can find similar?

00139.L.JPG
00140.L.JPG

i think they're amazing... :wub:

i remember those!

and the mohican knit hats..i wanted one so badly!

good luck :flower:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Sep 8 2004, 02:13 AM
i remember those!

[snapback]359042[/snapback]​

I'm still willing to pay good $$$ for one of those!

the fur on the top looks ticklish...
i like them!!! i wouldnt know where you could possibly find them, but i wish you luck :smile:

Originally posted by brian@Sep 7 2004, 10:45 PM
i've always loved these boots... my chances of getting the actual pair shown will more than likely be slim to none... can any of you help me out? i know galliano ripped off the idea of these from mongolian tribesmen ... anywhere i can find similar?

00139.L.JPG
00140.L.JPG

i think they're amazing... :wub:
[snapback]358986[/snapback]​

Call 011-33-1-40-73-54-00 and ask to speak to Catherine Rivere then tell her that you are looking for a paticular pair of shoes from the winter '02 collection and she will give you the price,and any other information you need and it is possible to purchase these but they will have to reproduce a pair for you :flower:

oh brian...please please please call...if only to find out how much it would cost to have them custom make you a pair....

PLEASE!@!!!.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Sep 8 2004, 02:13 AM
i remember those!

[snapback]359042[/snapback]​
Those hats were awesome!!!

Everybody will be stopping you and asking to pet them. At least that's what I'd do......they're fuzzy! :woot:

Im actually thinking now on a way to design my own :shifty:

I have a lot of rabbit fur here, so I can use it backsided, which looks exactly like the skin on those boots... I just need to make a bootie shaped, probably using a pattern from a sock, I can take those then to a shoe repair guy, and he can add the sole for so cheap...some leather thread and fur and im on my way :lol:

I reallllly like those.... :heart: Now I must go view the entire collection, I know I'll love it.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Sep 8 2004, 12:02 PM
Im actually thinking now on a way to design my own :shifty:

I have a lot of rabbit fur here, so I can use it backsided, which looks exactly like the skin on those boots... I just need to make a bootie shaped, probably using a pattern from a sock, I can take those then to a shoe repair guy, and he can add the sole for so cheap...some leather thread and fur and im on my way :lol:
[snapback]359466[/snapback]​
yes, i was thinking of doing the exact same thing myself...it doesn't look too incredibly hard...but i'd love the original version...or something...and yes the boots are the backside of fur. it looks as if they're made of just the loose hide and secured around the leg with the rope..no real construction other than the rubber sole they have. i love them so much!

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 8 2004, 10:10 AM
oh brian...please please please call...if only to find out how much it would cost to have them custom make you a pair....
PLEASE!@!!!.... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
[snapback]359356[/snapback]​
i thought you'd like these also!! they're kind of vivienne westwood pirate boot-ish, i think...!! some sort of primitive/ancestral form perhaps? :wub:

and yes i think i may call to get that price quote!! :woot:

Oh...Brian there is one very important thing I forgot to ask...are these from a ready to wear or couture collection?

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Sep 8 2004, 03:31 PM
Oh...Brian there is one very important thing I forgot to ask...are these from a ready to wear or couture collection?
[snapback]359769[/snapback]​
they're from a ready to wear but i know for sure that i also saw them at the couture show that preceded it

Ok...this is the situation: The ready to wear version of them will be impossible to get but the couture version of them is possible to get through special order and the main difference is the price...

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Sep 8 2004, 03:45 PM
Ok...this is the situation: The ready to wear version of them will be impossible to get but the couture version of them is possible to get through special order and the main difference is the price...
[snapback]359785[/snapback]​
thank you so much, i'll definitely give them a call...the version at the couture show were more elaborate with a wooden platform...japanese-inspired... i really like them as well

00086.L.JPG

CUTE!

its like a high fashion version of the Adidas Asis... plus fur and about 15 inches of leather :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->