Christian Dior F/W 2021.22 Paris

Great that Maria Grazia has finally realized that she needs to create a dream to really sell her uninspired vision. However, that "visual dream" shouldn't have been created by Fabien Baron trying to get the attention of some twelve-year-olds with some incredibly basic storyline.

The collection itself feels quite weird. Of course it's her usual, tired and boring Dior stuff, but this time she got a real Valentino throwback with obvious hints of Clare Waight Keller's Givenchy for some evening gowns. The rest is like LVMH's merch.

Last edited:
The video is stunning. The Palace of Versailles, the atmosphere, really evaluate the collection. I really the opening look, the herringbone coat, aviator hat, and the last section of evening wear. Can really do without the leopard prints (still don't understand what people see in it).

She never ceases to amaze me that she hasn't evolved for decades and she should stop recycling those Valentino dresses which are so desperate for a house like Dior. Besides, those juvenile dresses are such an eyesore that really kills the spirit of Mademoiselle Dior (look at Maryna Linchuk's Miss Dior Cherie ad!) I think MGC's CD perfectly sums up the state of high fashion nowadays, which is very generic in a way that it doesn't mind creating its version of fast fashion as long as it sells, rather than setting trends and exerting cultural impact.

Bill Gaytten for Galliano, is that you?

It's incredibly frustrating to look at any Dior show now. On one hand, MGC can come up with something incredibly gorgeous like Anya Taylor-Joy's green dress and coat for the Golden Globes but then it's back to whatever this is (with look 58 of 64 being the only ensemble I feel appropriately fits the theme and backdrop). The only thing I liked about this collection was completely unrelated to the clothes, the wax and thorn mirrors installed at Versailles by Silvia Giambrone, I thought it was a very interesting concept. The dancers and the dance choreographed by Sharon Eyal... what and why?? Total overkill and overthinking of the fairy tale/magic concept - you're staging the show in the Hall of Mirrors... that should be enough!

Marie Antoinette would spit on this collection if she saw it roaming down her hall. A beautiful set does not make for a good collection. When will LVMH learn this?

Marie Antoinette would spit on this collection if she saw it roaming down her hall. A beautiful set does not make for a good collection. When will LVMH learn this?
Once they stop counting the money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->