Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

I like it when she does those. They're much better than her disfigured bar suits...
Those dresses are beautiful and elegant as usual but also have been very repetitive since her Valentino days, so I guess I am going to stop complaining from now on.

She doesn't have much enthusiasm or passion or adoration or
admiration for dressing women...

For a moment it seemed like a Sunday with all the washed sheets drying in the wind.

My respect for the atelier, they deserve an artist.

I do enjoy the lightness and Olympic theme of this collection compared to her more stuffy offerings but this presentation style is getting monotonous. Also the music used at shows nowadays sounds like royalty free music that people use on tiktok videos, I miss the days when designers like Galliano did full dj mixes that were even downloaded by music fans.

See dupes of the entire collection in Zara 2 weeks later woohoo~~ maybe you can get some of the more evening looks at COS too!! Bravo bravo!! Haute couture for you, haute couture for me, everyone gets haute couture!!

(I forgot to mention there’s Shein and Taobao too if you are on a tighter budget *chuckles*)

And by the way, I think this collection is more Alber Elbaz’s Lanvin RTW than Dior… I spotted a couple of dupes

Last edited:
The collection is pretty but forgettable. Nothing offensive, simple basic silhouettes. The Dior couture client base buys mostly because it’s Dior and they are not true fashion customers at this point. And of course all of the romanticizing and marketing they do to tie it back Mr. Dior’s house codes

I would imagine the atelier can craft this in their sleep.

How much longer is gonna be allowed at Dior? The mosaics? Sweet, for a child's school project for a gymnasium wall- not for couture. I understand keeping things safe, or tame, sure. But this is prêt-à-porter and we all know it. Sad.

If I was a client, this would be tempting. The simplicity of line in particular.

I'm usually horrified and exhausted by her offerings. This on the other hand doesn't offend me at all. You go girl! Live, laugh, love motherf#€kers.

She continues to show her clothes on children and it’s more Bonpoint Couture than Dior Couture.
I don’t know, maybe Cordelia de Castelane should do Dior at this point!

Her shows actually do her a major disservice. If these creations were simply, casually, effortlessly shown on hangers—better still, on mannequins, her straightforward, no-nonsense, flattering, pragmatic sensibility of designs that flatter a women’s form rather than hinder it, would be more appreciated. Women can imagine themselves in these, and that’s more powerful than how she’s presenting it now. Peter Hawkings has the same problems with his Tom Ford shows.

(Could do without the Haute Couture underwear LOL)

i agree that those leotards are absolutely f-ing ridiculous and have no place in a couture show. they really spoil what is an otherwise inoffensive proposition. like why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARNOLDSILVERBOLT
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->