Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2005 Paris

Nothing can beat the last show... IMHO... this is okay. Some of the pieces I really really like, like the odd peacoats, but I'm not feeling the chimney sweep makeup and some of the Victorian dresses and red dresses. I know it will grow on me though.

I don't really like the pink outfit at all (I can't post the picture with this school computer), but the hat is definitely wearable.

This is a step in the right direction for him! Even the hair and make-up is flawless. I do agree about the croc skirt m-o-m it's too stiff to be shaped like that. The Edie pieces are cute and most definitely wearable (I do agree they look like RTW, but I'm sure the detailing is amazing) I feel like some of those "retro" looking jackets reflect a little of the "new look" as well as Balenciaga. I think the real stars are some of the Josephine dresses and coats. Stunning. Not to mention the intimate production. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an interesting skirt, it's square which looks quite cool IMO.

Also this coat has great cutting, it really amazes me that it looks so stiff, love it.

Well well well, Mr. Galliano shocks YET again. So far there are things I like and things I don't like, I'll have to see the whole show to make a final judgement. The inspiration though is classic John, I mean who else could relate Bob Dylan, Edie Sedgwick and Empress Josephine? The venue sounds fantastic though, I would've loved to be there.

Mr-Dale said:
This is an interesting skirt, it's square which looks quite cool IMO.

Also this coat has great cutting, it really amazes me that it looks so stiff, love it.

I adore that coat, its absoulotly beautiful, the shape is stunning and it just looks amazing. :heart:

Spike413 said:
The inspiration though is classic John, I mean who else could relate Bob Dylan, Edie Sedgwick and Empress Josephine? The venue sounds fantastic though, I would've loved to be there.

Yup, only Galliano could do that :wink: .

I would loved to have been there also :blush:

Interesting! hmmm will have to see the whole show from the showman himself .. Sir mix-a-lot

fantastic! love the crocodile bubble skirt outfit...interesting mix, i cant wait to see the rest & detail shots!:woot: :heart:

OH MY GOD :cry: I want to die, this is absolutely gorgeous... im off to Dior.com and see if the video is up :buzz:

i REALLY respect John for taking haute couture back to its roots but...i always look to his designs for their shocking and dramatic qualities. I love the pieces so far, but they seem a little too...normal i guess. I bet when I see the video I'll get a better understanding of it all. I suppose that, in doing a more typical, wearable show, he's shocked people more than he ever could with miles of fabric and insane make-up.

WOW! That is absolutely beautiful! I am speechless! :smile: I can't wait for the video! (lol)

Various pieces that I love here :heart:. I have a hard time spotting the 'couture' though.

I cannot express how pleased I am with this collection. I hope the show is grande too! (lol)

No video yet grr, I am dying to see the video, and the photos of the rest of the collection!

Im still pulling my hair waiting for the video, my friend sitting next to me is pinching her t*ts of exitement :ninja: :rofl:

metal-on-metal said:
I doubt it's going to be up very soon, guys. Doesn't it usually take a few days?
the "raw" version should be up by the end of the day, or at least by tomorrow morning.

the clean, edited version with the credits and such usually comes about a month or so later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->