Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2013

This is my favourite pre-fall collection by far; I find it so very beautiful and the cuts are wonderful.
The hem of the skirt in the post above looks a little... off, though. I'm no sewing expert at all but, I dunno, something just doesn't look right (but I can't quite put my finger on it!).

ˆI guess it's because of the lining. Usually skirts like these are made by making it double with the same fabric as the outer layer. Here the lining with different fabric looks a bit shoddy. I guess doubling the fabric would cost too much for a rtw piece.

I understand that it's a pre-collection thats main purpose is to sell. However as much as I've liked his collections for the house so far, I still fail to see that certain Raf element in the clothes. They seem too pretty somehow, not special enough for a strong woman I associate his design with. I know it's harsh, but most of the looks so far have looked like someone else could design the exactly same thing. I find his vision for Dior too obvious, at least so far.

I really do get that he is trying to establish a certain look for Dior that will take the brand to a new direction, different from Galliano's, but I think so far his collections haven't lived up to his full potential. It feels like he is trying very hard to do something special, but for me it falls flat.
I also think with the minimalism he's presenting (no expensive looking bags, shoes or any other accessories) the house has lost its luxury feel. I mean Dior is not Thakoon, Dior is.. Dior.

This is just a preview, right...? There has to be more looks to the collection... Any idea when we´ll get the rest?

I really do get that he is trying to establish a certain look for Dior that will take the brand to a new direction, different from Galliano's, but I think so far his collections haven't lived up to his full potential. It feels like he is trying very hard to do something special, but for me it falls flat.
I also think with the minimalism he's presenting (no expensive looking bags, shoes or any other accessories) the house has lost its luxury feel. I mean Dior is not Thakoon, Dior is.. Dior.

exactly, this is how i feel about the new dior with raf. dior with galliano was glamourous and luxurious, with raf it is the total opposite. raf will turn dior into a sleepy and boring house.

dior with raf is heavy and dark. raf needs to get over with what he has done at jil sander and bring out something new and fresh.

Critically he makes very nice collections, but for a huge massy house like Dior, the clothes are just toooo jil sander, the bag and accessories are very boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
even though I agree with the others stating it is repetitive from raf in terms of style, I do really love this small collection. The cuts are just divine

dior with raf is heavy and dark. raf needs to get over with what he has done at jil sander and bring out something new and fresh.

I actually see the exact opposite, his collections for Dior (as many as there were) are very fresh and modern, yet elegant in it's most clean and primal form and very ladylike, withouth excessive elements. And these collectins reflect the spirit of the current time perfectly.
I know many Raf's women, but Galliano's? Not many, if any.

Utter crap. Nothing special. Nothing that stands out.

I actually see the exact opposite, his collections for Dior (as many as there were) are very fresh and modern, yet elegant in it's most clean and primal form and very ladylike, withouth excessive elements. And these collectins reflect the spirit of the current time perfectly.
I know many Raf's women, but Galliano's? Not many, if any.

dior is/was one of the biggest fashion houses in the world, so there must be lots of dior/galliano's women, isn't it? after all galliano spent 15 years at dior, so there must be more galliano's woman than raf's under dior history or their overall history. i remember hollywood actresses wore lots of dior dresses under galliano but i dont remember many wore raf's creation under jil or dior

raf did an amazing job at jil sander. his last collection at the house was stunning. however, i still dislike the fact that raf brings so much jil sander's elements into dior's collections. dior should be dior, that is it has its own strong aesthetic and identity.

I mean real women, not celebrities on the red carpet. Speaking of that, Marion Cotillard rocked many Raf x Dior gowns, and she rocks it tonight at the Golden Globes too. ^_^

^ That dress didn't even look like a couture dress.
I thought she was wearing a custom Lanvin dress until I saw the description below the picture :rolleyes:

I am honestly BORED with his approach now. How many versions of these "classics" are to be churned out? Come on Raf, try something, rock us!

Give Raf a break. He's only done one haute couture, one RTW, and one pre-collection. The man hasn't even shown his official 2nd season yet. Let the man have some time to find his footing in the house and develop some ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Full collection [HQ]
src:style.com

I REALLY like it to be honest, or maybe i'm just a sucker for grey and forest green in the same look. More hits than misses (thank goodness). But the neon peek-a-boo's can just dissapear, I like it a lot otherwise.

i really like the collection but the accessories are to die for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->