Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2019 : Jennifer Lawrence by Zoe Ghertner

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

PHOTOS TAKEN BY VOGUE28
FROM UK HARPER'S BAZAAR APRIL 2019

Karl said about Audrey Tautou being the face of Chanel n5, that he felt like she was just there for the check.

I exactly feel the same about Jennifer Lawrence for Dior.

This is just pointless! Pointless clothes, pointless campaign and clearly, a woman who doesn’t even care about fashion, Dior or the shoot.

Karl said about Audrey Tautou being the face of Chanel n5, that he felt like she was just there for the check.

LMAO, Karl said that? so true....but again, i think that's just who she is, she seems bored and lifeless in most of her work....

but not J.Law, she is so inspiring and fierce on screen....Dior really try hard to twist her into a hi-fashion model, which never worked

This is just pointless! Pointless clothes, pointless campaign and clearly, a woman who doesn’t even care about fashion, Dior or the shoot.

Sure other models/brand faces may have more love for fashion, but let's kid ourselves, EVERYONE'S there for the check :lol:

Sure other models/brand faces may have more love for fashion, but let's kid ourselves, EVERYONE'S there for the check :lol:

I mean, the standards are different when you're a model.
Of course, everybody is here for the check...Even the executives or the new graduated from business schools. They don't care that much about fashion...Maybe they care about the creative minds but not so much about fashion.

Look at Natalie Portman. At least, it's believable.

LMAO, Karl said that? so true....but again, i think that's just who she is, she seems bored and lifeless in most of her work....
Yes he said that because she said in a interview that what she really loved wearing from Chanel was the raining boots she owned.
At the time, he wanted Penelope Cruz to be the face of N5 but he wasn't involved with the Beauty department.

I mean, the standards are different when you're a model.
Of course, everybody is here for the check...Even the executives or the new graduated from business schools. They don't care that much about fashion...Maybe they care about the creative minds but not so much about fashion.

I agree the standards are different. Some spokespersons really care about the actual clothes, the design. They're fascinated by fashion. Marion Cottilard was extremely excited when Galliano and Raf were in charge, Charlize does. One can sense by the way they speak about fashion. Jennifer Lawrence certainly doesn't seem like she does. She looks bored in campaigns, she looks bored wearing the designs. We all know it's a check at the end of the day, but at least respect where it's coming from.

When people say modeling is easy I point Jennifer Lawrence to them: one of the brightest actors of the new generation and a complete hack of a model.

I don't understand how they continue with JLAW...

Full Campaign:

FASHIONGONEROGUE.COM

The rugs (are they rugs?) are stealing the show.

It's hard when both of the endorser and the actual clothes lacks desirability and character.

They clearly need to realize that the logo of Dior on this ad campaign won’t make it a good-looking one, the actual images and content need to be interesting as well !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->