Christian Dior Resort 2020 Marrakech

I have two main problems with this collection (but with MGC's work in general)
1. It's too long. Cut it down! There is no need to repeat the same look over and over again changing just the slightest thing. Has anyone compared Cong He's looks? It looks like they cut the sleeves on the first and add a belt to create the second. At least change the model..
2. It's not remarkable. It could be done by anyone. In fact this collection in particular makes me think much more of her days at Valentino than at Dior, especially the SS16 collection of Valentino inspired by Africa. They are so similar.

Having that said, I will add a couple of positive notes in a thread full of critics: there are a few very beautiful looks and she has chosen some fantastic fabrics. Plus, I loved the casting.

What a mess... I mean I am sure there's something beautiful here and there but after the first 5-6 looks, I can no longer see or differentiate anything...
Marrakech is also an odd choice... It is more of an YSL territory I would say... I am not even sure the prints or colours or shapes represent either Marrakech or Berber culture...

That’s what they tried to do...
They created a connection through « YSL, the heir of Mr Dior ».
It’s weird because with people from Ivory Coast and Benin but the collection was shown in the Maghreb...

Marrakech was just convenient. The whole fashion and entertainment scene goes there and I guess in terms of logistic, it’s quite easy to manage.

The only thing I am interested in is that they invited Diana Ross to perform after the show...!

It's all just so unbelievably silly. The shoes look like PayLess.

Maria’s get-up at the end really is the most ridiculous and clueless thing I’ve seen in a long time.

And apparently Nelson Mandela’s former tailor collaborated with her on this collection? The cringey wokeness Maria is always peddling is just the worst.

Last edited:
Couture FW 2019 and SS 2020 and bye bye Maria Grazia.

Her look at the bow is the most interesting and funny thing of the show. Made me laugh hard.
Someone told me the rumor is that she might go to Fendi...
Suddenly, I want her to stay at Dior...

It’s weird because with people from Ivory Coast and Benin but the collection was shown in the Maghreb...

Marrakech was just convenient. The whole fashion and entertainment scene goes there and I guess in terms of logistic, it’s quite easy to manage.

I will second you all the fabric print wax inspo ,these do not belong to Marrakech and we all know why they chose this location

Someone told me the rumor is that she might go to Fendi...
Suddenly, I want her to stay at Dior...

Oh no please do not ruin Fendi please , they do better without you

It's like D&G, the same sh*t over and over again, but in different colors/prints.

A few beautiful looks, not gonna lie. But overall very boring, uninspiring and repetitive. We've seen this a hundred times before. Nothing new nor exciting.

If this was any other collection I would not get past the third photo- here I went up to 10 before having decided that I'd seen enough. It's incomprehensible why they would let somebody show this as Dior

And apparently Nelson Mandela’s former tailor collaborated with her on this collection? The cringey wokeness Maria is always peddling is just the worst.

Hahahahaha, on a collection inspired by Morocco? I can now see the references with some of the prints, perhaps. The man was known for his printed shirts, which is not to my taste. But that aside, can Maria maybe open a history book or newspaper? There's very little cultural connection between the North and South of Africa. In fact the Arabic set of African countries don't even consider themselves 'African.'

Hahahahaha, on a collection inspired by Morocco? I can now see the references with some of the prints, perhaps. The man was known for his printed shirts, which is not to my taste. But that aside, can Maria maybe open a history book or newspaper? There's very little cultural connection between the North and South of Africa. In fact the Arabic set of African countries don't even consider themselves 'African.'

Looking at the collection again, I’m not sure if it was inspired by Morocco, I think it was just one of the many inspirations (and a convenient location to host it.). There’s a lot of southern African influence too. Maybe it’s inspired by Africa as a continent as a whole?

Looking at the collection again, I’m not sure if it was inspired by Morocco, I think it was just one of the many inspirations (and a convenient location to host it.). There’s a lot of southern African influence too. Maybe it’s inspired by Africa as a continent as a whole?

Then she should've gone all out and shown the collection in the south. It would at least have been more cohesive with Mandela's tailor and all. But I guess the SJWs would've had a field day.

Now we know who cooked up the Kenyan collection at Valentino, lol.

Then she should've gone all out and shown the collection in the south. It would at least have been more cohesive with Mandela's tailor and all. But I guess the SJWs would've had a field day.

Now we know who cooked up the Kenyan collection at Valentino, lol.

To be fair, it would have been complicated and controversial for Dior to show in sub-Saharan Africa... We are talking about Chanel at Cuba type of controversy...
And I don’t think LVMH can handle it today and even more, MGC is not Karl and she can’t carry the weight of the backlash on herself.

The collaboration thing was a way to avoid any type of Cultural Appropriation discussion. It’s a very diplomatic, boring and safe collection that given the theme, was quite clever to do.

I'm lost for words here, there's so many layers of wrong. I guess MGC's own look says it best. At least that made me laugh.

Oh, I see... he wasn’t even that long at Dior but I guess it makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->