Christian Dior S/S 2021 by Elina Kechicheva

everybody did it first.

LOL, you'd think they'd be able to at least add something unique to such an overplayed concept. Not very impressive, and the composition is quite bad imo.

I quite like it. Much better than the look book crap from the last few seasons.

Wow, I'm obsessed. Since cruise 2021 MGC x FB is on the roll lately. And I really like the photographer aesthetic. I have nothing but to stan MGC.

Amazing photos. Can't wait to see it on print.

They are making an attempt at polishing up MGC’s insipid design with good campaigns now. Not the most original idea but the photography is quite exquisite.

Honestly I am in. It is far away from the very boring essence of MGC. I love Caravaggio and will always be happy to see (well executed) images from his work. It is also quite sapphic which is amusing regarding how conservative Dior is lately.

Now this looks like a REAL campaign, not a damn lookbook trying to pass as one (talking to you Vuitton, Max Mara, etc :ninja:)...Lovw it, can’t wait to see more.

it’s a very smart way to make the clothes look good and I do love the Renaissance mood and environment.

regardless, I won’t bend to MCG gimmicks. she’s still a limited designer.

Surprised that she actually did something interesting for once however it just reflects how dated her clothes look.

Dior is a french brand. What all these italian references and inspirations have to do with Dior?

On the Caravaggio/bright lighting inspiration: the funny thing is, that Caravaggio, despite being the brilliant painter, was also quite the a**hole. :D And his work is closer connected to pain and torture, than beauty and aesthetic.

I take it over any 2021 Raf/Miuccia thing, Pierpaolo's Valentino campaign or even whatever she did before at Dior.
It's good and for her standards it's exceptional.
Dior is a french brand. What all these italian references and inspirations have to do with Dior?
Dior died in Italy so maybe...

It's funny, that the photos look amazing on first viewing but once you get into the details, as like one would when you look into a painting, you can tell the clothes are mediocre and it's an attempt to hide the mediocrity.

lol at the reclining girl in the second photo. she looks totally wasted. they all do! where's the energy?

what a terrible campaign. this is etro or antonio marras standard, i agree with the previous comments - overall way too italian in a bad way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->