Christian Dior S/S 2021 by Elina Kechicheva

It's funny, that the photos look amazing on first viewing but once you get into the details, as like one would when you look into a painting, you can tell the clothes are mediocre and it's an attempt to hide the mediocrity.

Yup, even Fabien couldn't save this one. The photography is quite good as well (I'm not familiar with this woman's work I must say), but the problem comes when you look at the clothes, basic styling (you need to elevate MGC's rags, you should know by now Elin, but I don't expect anything good from you TBH) and in particular the models, who bring nothing to the imagery. Blah.

Sublime. In love with this. Hopefully they’ll continue to experiment with these photographers, cause we were sick of Ruth and Selena looking stale over and over again.

The energy level is set at "odalisque" but in terms of the colours and textures, this is probably going to be one of the better campaigns we're going to see this season.

Along with the previous HC presentation, this is easily the best ad of her tenure, even the clothes look good!

I dont understand you guys!

You b*tch when its basic and then b*tch when its actually a concept. What do you WANT!

The clothes are rubbish, we know, but at least its SOMETHING! Escapism, beauty, a but of fun. What more do you want? Also a great opportunity for a pretty unknown new female photographer!

now that we can see the full campaign it is gorgeous indeed. the (saturated) colours look so regal and the Caravaggio/ Renaissance inspiration makes it... sumptuous.

nevertheless, it screams Valentino to me (because they did several similar campaigns and a very specific one that was also inspired by paintings... by I&V, Fall 2013)

also, what’s up with all the new faces? UGH couldn’t they have hired a couple of high profiled models to be on the campaign as well? it’s like Marc Jacobs by Meisel latest campaigns I can never identify anyone (I’m not a true model connoisseur I’ll admit I have my favourites and that’s it).

they should have never split these two: MGC and Pierpaolo.

Last edited:
Nothing this woman does will ever impress me.

The campaign does a great job in making the awful clothes look decent.

I love the images, so beautiful. The only downside from this campaign are the models. The models are giving me nothing. Casting skilled models would've elevated this campaign.

I love the images, so beautiful. The only downside from this campaign are the models. The models are giving me nothing. Casting skilled models would've elevated this campaign.

couldn’t agree more!

finally! something at Dior that works a bit in their favor. sharp branding would adopt this campaign look moving forward for a bit. elevates the current pedestrian nature of this once storied house.

Dior is a french brand. What all these italian references and inspirations have to do with Dior?
I guess the designer being italian and the clothes having a slight Gianfranco Ferre era reference to it.

I love this campaign! I'm usually demanding when it comes to Dior but this is really nice and refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->