Christian Lacroix Leaves Pucci

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
www.yahoo.com

MILAN (AFP) - French couturier Christian Lacroix announced after unveiling his spring-summer 2006 ready-to-wear collection for Emilio Pucci in Milan that he would no longer design for the iconic Italian brand.

"I would have loved to continue working for Emilio Pucci. For the past three years, it has been a fabulous ride, bringing this house up-to-date," Lacroix said.

"But with the development of the Christian Lacroix label in Paris and my other projects, especially for the stage, it was no longer feasible to do things halfway," he explained.

Laudomia Pucci -- the granddaughter of the Italian marquis who launched the label known for its swirling, colorful prints in the 1960s -- told AFP that the brand "owes much of its current success" to Lacroix.

"We are very grateful to him for the work he has done," she added, however noting that the label needed "someone who will work full-time for the house".

Emilio Pucci is controlled by French luxury goods group LVMH, which asked Lacroix to breathe new life into the brand three years ago.

By leaving Pucci, Lacroix has severed all ties with LVMH, which in January sold his eponymous label -- created in 1987 with the help of chairman Bernard Arnault -- to the Falic Group, the second-largest US duty-free retailer.

The French couturier's contract with Pucci had been due to expire in July. He told reporters that he had made his decision to leave the Italian fashion house "over the summer".

Beyond his work for his own label and Pucci, Lacroix has been active on several fronts, designing costumes for operas and stage plays, renovating hotels and creating the new uniforms for Air France personnel.

Recently, he signed on to redo the interior of France's high-speed TGV trains and to redesign a chain of cinema multiplexes.

"I'm thrilled to be leaving on a high note, with this collection that I adore, and with summer clothes, which correspond perfectly with the Pucci spirit," Lacroix said.

"Working for this house has helped me tremendously on the creative front. It also proved that within the same group, we could create a success story," he said, in an allusion to his conflict with LVMH over how to run his own house.

A source close to the designer said Lacroix opted to leave Pucci out of "moral honesty" vis-a-vis the Falic Group, which has heavily invested in the development of Lacroix's own label.

I wish him all the best trying to make his onw house bigger, because the house of Lacroix definetly deserves it :flower:

As happy as I am to see that he'll be concentrating solely on his own house, I can't really imagine anyone else designing Pucci.

this was such an ideal match...
but i hope that this means that his new investors are very serious about helping him promote and push forward the lacroix label...

plus it means that someone else gets a break hopefully...
though he's leaving some rather large shoes to fill...

best of luck to him...:flower:

that article might answer you liberty, from fashionweekdaily.com:

Lacroix's Last Hurrah
Williamson rumored to be new Pucci designer

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

(MILAN) The buzz amongst the front row this morning at Pucci was Christian Lacroix’s fate at the Italian house. Rumors began circulating earlier this week that British designer Matthew Williamson was given the green light to take over Lacroix’s duties when his contract expires early next year. Williamson might just be getting that extra push from LVMH, as Lacroix announced soon after his show today that the Spring 2006 collection was the last he would be designing for Pucci.

“Emilio Pucci thanks Christian Lacroix, whose talent and personality have very significantly contributed to the revival of the Florentine fashion house since July 2002. We wish him great success for his own fashion house, to which Christian Lacroix has decided to dedicate himself exclusively,” read an official statement, noting that a new artistic director will be appointed shortly.

But it didn’t take today’s announcement for editors familiar with his work to draw their own conclusions. “It didn’t look like a Christian Lacroix show at all,” said one prominent editor. “I would be highly surprised if this was designed by him.” Indeed, many pencil pushers—used to Lacroix’s whimsical takes on patterns and shapes—were caught off guard by the almost sterile presentation this morning that evidently traced the company’s archival roots. “This was so clean,” the editor continued. “I have never seen Christian do clean.”

According to a source close to Williamson, rumors are just rumors and this was the first she had heard of such a thing. “There was been no discussion of him going to Pucci, and I would know if he was,” she added.
JIM SHI

never really liked Lacroix at Pucci.. never thought it was a good idea,
of course he gave 'publicity' to the Pucci label but Pucci really needed something more fresh and modern, more 'hip' in a way.

Pucci is more 60's , Lacroix is so much more baroque
as for the parting it was only normal following LVMH's selling of the Lacroix label..
Christian just too the job to help his money situation at his own label, so he must be relieved for letting the Pucci chair go.

as for Williamson, not sure he's the best choice either.. he's more romantic than Pucci..

i loved what he did for pucci- they worked fantastically together

williamson i always associate with the 70s boho so don't know how that would work if at all

hm, might be quite interesting to see what comes out of the new pucci/williamson relationship (if it is indeed true).......i think he might be rather perfect for the job,but let's wait and see.....

Lacroix work for Pucci was amazingly beautiful, what I loved the most of what he did was how the prints where so overpowering so the runway was just plain white, really random but its just so cool. I do not like what Matthew Williamson has done with Pucci, hes made it very modern and futuristic and some pieces are cute but I loved as a whole of what Lacroix did.

Oh wow....
Well, best of luck to him.

Any predictions/guesses as to who will succeed him?
Besides Matthew Williamson.....I like him as much as I like Tom Ford, which is very little.

Hum ... a succesor after Williamson????

What about that guy who graduated from CSM who used to work for McQueen ????

I think the problem we have is that the ppl who hire this designers are purely based on their use of colour instead of the use of pattern

^ Jonathan Saunders? He is brilliant w/ colors and prints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->