Pucci picks Matthew Williamson as new designer

roppal222

Reaction score
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/03102005/325/pucci-picks-matthew-williamson-new-designer.html

MILAN (Reuters) - Italian fashion house Emilio Pucci, known for its psychedelic prints, has named Britain's Matthew Williamson as its new designer to take over from Christian Lacroix, who presented his final collection last week.

Williamson will continue to design his own-name collection, which he shows in New York, Pucci said on Monday.

Williamson made a splash on the style scene in the late 1990s, quickly becoming known for his use of colour in a fashion world that was religiously clad in minimalist black.

His evening wear was famous for baring great swathes of flesh but then reducing the shock effect with strings of jewels or colourful embroidery that crept up transparent panels.

"He has created a brand characterised by colour and glamour that fits with the Pucci spirit," the Florentine fashion house said in a statement.

Williamson's first collection for Pucci will show at the autumn/winter 2007 fashion shows in Milan in February.

Frenchman Lacroix had led Pucci's design team for three years and his departure broke his last link with Pucci's owner, luxury behemoth LVMH, which sold Lacroix's own label to U.S. private investors the Falic Group earlier this year. LVMH bought Pucci in 2000, towards the end of the luxury goods M&A boom. Since then, Pucci has quadrupled its sales

roppal222 said:
Williamson's first collection for Pucci will show at the autumn/winter 2007 fashion shows in Milan in February.

F/W 2007? Are they nuts? that´s so very far away :shock:...

that's scandal. Can't belive that officeguy arnault could replace Lacroix by this cheap Williamson. he sells such a good name as Lacroix, and chooses Williamson. Shame, shame. I bet collections will be tacky as his own label's. EEEkkk. I hpe they'll bancrute.

that's great i think.... he is suitable for it :flower:
I can't wait to see his collection!! :wink:

tricotineacetat said:
F/W 2007? Are they nuts? that´s so very far away :shock:...
That's next season, as it says the show is in February 2006

mdankwah said:
That's next season, as it says the show is in February 2006

Eh, I they must have refered to A/W 2006-2007, I thought it would have been the winter after :innocent:...

i'm afraid this is not such a great idea.. :(

:shock: I couldn't imagine it working. I just don't see the two gelling...

williamson (very overated) and pucci (missoni-lite)= perfect match

I don't know, they might fit each other perhaps, but still, I don't know. Plus, what a fast decision after Lacroix' leave. Probably has been discussed longer at LVMH (or is Pucci not with LVMH :unsure: )

Can't wait to see this ... especially Fall !!! I wonder what he has up his sleeve...

I'm not keen on his work...but Matthew Williamson = lurid colours, Pucci = lurid colours....well-matched. He might be able to do something differeng with Pucci's trademark prints.

perfect! it will give a younger street edge to the house, as opposed to lacroix haute couture grandure

Very fitting. i think ti will be good, i can see alot of 60's style jet set wear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->