Christian Wijnants* i-D interview

I am going to marry Dries, we can have a prenup and everything, it's fine by me. Christian rocks, I hope he begins to think about menswear at some point.

if i remember correctly, bruno pieters's family is as rich as the (dutch) heineken family (heineken, as in the beer heineken, yes)

maybe this is just gossip, but i also heard that through his academy-years, he never stitched a seem himself. he had a whole studio. :smile:

Well,I don't want to play to that gossip. At least I don't want to believe it. But I do know that Linda Loppa has been very close to Bruno so....don't know if there's anything to that.

Anyway,this is going completely off-topic and is not even about Bruno but Christian. Both are great talents in their own rights any way you look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
antwerp is stimulaation (sp) for 12 seconds.
but good 12 seconds.
if you not afraid. of pleats and dreams.
beyond that, whatever.
deal. i mean, deal with it.
registration is closed, cure fashion,
f*ck c----r

or whatever.

Mutterlein said:
I don't know if he is that good.

another award he has won was when he was selcted by henri bendels to be sold there and they gave him the window space,

i hate to say it, but i agree, I am yet to see the potential of greatness in his work

I don't understand why not,to be honest. No he isn't greatly innovative or powerful like most of his compatriots but he has an individual style that has a special quality about it. Instead of focusing and creating conceptual clothes he designs very modestly;still quirky but modest. He focuses much of his attention on craftsmanship and an accessible silhouette.

That Hyeres collection at which he won the Henri Bendel award,that collection was filled with antique textiles with loads of precise pleating and patchworking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cherriesheep
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->