Christina Aguilera (June 2009 - January 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseMary

lady of the flowers
Reaction score
Moderator's Note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • The old thread is here.
Thank you! :flower:

Christina Aguilera and her husband leave the Wiltern Theatre after attending the launch of 'DJ Hero' in L.A. - 06/01/09 (tlfan.to).

Last edited by a moderator:
It hurts my eyes to look at pictures of her anymore. How can one person look so awful? She's orange-positively orange....and the hair, the makeup? Does she not have anyone telling her how bad this looks?

Christina Aguilera arrives at the SLS Hotel for dinner in Beverly Hills - 06/02/09 (tlfan.to).

^i like how shes walking around with her perfume bottle in her hand!!!
And i dotn think she looks good at all right now. She looks like she has to apply her makeup with a spade. She is gorgeous in real life. No one was ever meant to look like a satsuma.
Christina, i have loved you through every single one of your style changes but i cant deal with this one!!! go back to being individual and not all glamour girl! Please?! =[

She does look a bit too OTT, at least makeup-wise. She's totally beautiful so I really don't think she needs to try too hard. Her style is up and down like a roller coaster to me; her absolute worst look had to be her Dirty phase.

Christina hair timeline. Made by me.
Xtinatimeline.jpg

original pics from caguilera.com

Your timelines literally rule the world. Mid-2002 (Dirty era) is terrible, but I gotta admit I love her 2007-2008 styles the most.

I loved her in the Dirrty era. haha
I admit style wise she was not looking great but i loved the risks she took!

Can't argue with that, I don't mind a bit of experiementation, but it always pains me when someone so naturally beautiful goes for a trashy look. I've never really dug the trashy look in anyone to be honest so I'm pretty biased :smile:

^lol. I hated her makeup risks then. I just loved her clothing experimentation :smile:
the trashy look is never FANTASTIC imo but there is just something about that era that gets me!

Fair doos :smile: I think the thing that made me most angry about that era was actually her hair, wasn't it soon after that phase that her hair was in an absolutely terrible state?

Nevermind Justin Timberlake, Lady GaGa or even Susan Boyle – singer Christina Aguilera’s new collaborators are of a distinctly different kind. The legendary riot grrrls of Le Tigre have teamed up with the singer on her new album.

The pop-star/punk-rock team-up was first reported by blogger Perez Hilton. “Just ran into [Le Tigre member] JD Samson, my not-so-secret crush,” Hilton wrote on Twitter. “JD tells me Christina is working with Le Tigre on her new album! OMG!” As OMGs continued to rattle across the blogosphere, an official band representative confirmed the news to Pitchfork.While Aguilera’s diverse tastes were already well known – working with everyone from Tony Bennett to Scott Storch to Mark Ronson – Aguilera isn’t exactly famous for quoting Bikini Kill lyrics (no matter what critics say). The album’s other rumoured contributors, including Goldfrapp, Ladytron and Sia, might be liberated – but they are not nearly so radical as the band who released a song called **** March 2001.

The link may be singer-songwriter Sia, who is rumoured to be dating Samson – news that again emerged from the mouth of Perez Hilton. But the stage was set back in 2004, when Le Tigre frontwoman Kathleen Hanna told Entertainment Weekly, “I love Christina Aguilera. She has, like, mini-feminist messages”.

Hanna’s band have been on hiatus since 2004’s This Island, but declared in April, in all-caps, that LE TIGRE HAD NOT BROKEN UP. Their members have instead been teaching classes, having babies and founding new groups with names like, er, Men. And listening, perhaps, to a little bit of Genie In a Bottle.

Source: Gurdian UK

i don't care how Christina may look, yes trashy at times. All that matters to me is her artistry, music and VOCAL TALENT. She is undoubtedly the best in the recent decade in terms of those 3 qualities combined.

Uggh i hate how Lady Gaga is so over hyped with her image, yes image and not her music. I like some of her songs but she is waaay to over hyped and overrated. I know she also writes her songs but she still does not give me lyrical strength, diversity and empowerment which Christina have. In short i hate them being compared with each other which the two-faced Perez really started. They really used Christina's name big time when Gaga was still a nobody and look at her now. Gaga is just a trend. If she continues with the same sound for her next album she's dead. Stripped for instance is a masterpiece. Back to Basics was something that only Christina can pull off.

You cannot identify Christina with just one genre, Hello, she's sang with Diddy, Nelly, Andrea Bocelli, Elton John, BSB, BB King, Enrique Iglesias, Brian McKnight,Rolling Stones, the list goes on and on. She's done Pop, RnB, Soul,Gospel, Jazz, Rock, Bolero,Techno,Ballad, she's basically done almost everything because she can sing anything, oh yeah she also scats and whistles.

She's done tributes to legends- Whitney Houston, Nina Simone, James Brown, John Lennon and she always nails it. Legends only do legends as they say.

Celine Dion stated the Christina is probably the best vocalist even better than Celine herself. She's had numerous accolades and recognition received from her achievements and talent

She is an artist. She thinks outside the box. She's so random.

And with everything stated above they could care to compare her with Lady Gaga????
and some people are even saying Gaga is better than her? Please.

Rant ends here...

Oh yes, I love Christina Aguilera. When Gaga manages to have a quarter of Christina's vocal abilities then maybe Pro-Gaga-Anti-Christina fans can get back at me.

Eh :unsure:

Firstly I dislike Lady Gaga (style-wise more than song-wise), but most of your rant is totally off topic, besides who's actually comparing Christina Aguilera to Lady Gaga? The last post mentioning her was in December 2008!

If we're talking style, there's no comparison, it's like comparing apples and oranges and pretty much a pointless exercise and doomed to failure. We'd just go around in circles.

If we're talking talent musically, then there's another thread for that.

It's just an opinion anyway. I prefer Christina, you prefer Christina, others prefer Lady Gaga - it's just down to personal preference.

Meant with the highest respect :flower:

i don't care how Christina may look, yes trashy at times. All that matters to me is her artistry, music and VOCAL TALENT. She is undoubtedly the best in the recent decade in terms of those 3 qualities combined.

Uggh i hate how Lady Gaga is so over hyped with her image, yes image and not her music. I like some of her songs but she is waaay to over hyped and overrated. I know she also writes her songs but she still does not give me lyrical strength, diversity and empowerment which Christina have. In short i hate them being compared with each other which the two-faced Perez really started. They really used Christina's name big time when Gaga was still a nobody and look at her now. Gaga is just a trend. If she continues with the same sound for her next album she's dead. Stripped for instance is a masterpiece. Back to Basics was something that only Christina can pull off.

You cannot identify Christina with just one genre, Hello, she's sang with Diddy, Nelly, Andrea Bocelli, Elton John, BSB, BB King, Enrique Iglesias, Brian McKnight,Rolling Stones, the list goes on and on. She's done Pop, RnB, Soul,Gospel, Jazz, Rock, Bolero,Techno,Ballad, she's basically done almost everything because she can sing anything, oh yeah she also scats and whistles.

She's done tributes to legends- Whitney Houston, Nina Simone, James Brown, John Lennon and she always nails it. Legends only do legends as they say.

Celine Dion stated the Christina is probably the best vocalist even better than Celine herself. She's had numerous accolades and recognition received from her achievements and talent

She is an artist. She thinks outside the box. She's so random.

And with everything stated above they could care to compare her with Lady Gaga????
and some people are even saying Gaga is better than her? Please.

Rant ends here...

Oh yes, I love Christina Aguilera. When Gaga manages to have a quarter of Christina's vocal abilities then maybe Pro-Gaga-Anti-Christina fans can get back at me.

Best rant I have heard yet ^_^ and I agree with you on every thing.

I can't believe that people bought into that whole comparison with Christina and Gaga :blink: It was simply nothing but publicity for Gaga.

Also thanks for that pic, it may be small, but still nice :smile:

Eh :unsure:

Firstly I dislike Lady Gaga (style-wise more than song-wise), but most of your rant is totally off topic, besides who's actually comparing Christina Aguilera to Lady Gaga? The last post mentioning her was in December 2008!

If we're talking style, there's no comparison, it's like comparing apples and oranges and pretty much a pointless exercise and doomed to failure. We'd just go around in circles.

If we're talking talent musically, then there's another thread for that.

It's just an opinion anyway. I prefer Christina, you prefer Christina, others prefer Lady Gaga - it's just down to personal preference.

Meant with the highest respect :flower:

I've never really said my piece about the Gaga-Christina thing and i just hate how almost all blogs compare them especially when Christina shows up to events or is promoting something, and you see Perez and Christina on that pic at Peaches' concert, he's such a two face. I bet when Christina's new material comes out he'd be all praises again considering all the bad things he said about her before in comparison to Gaga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->