Christina Aguilera: the Next Topshop Designer?

r_r_r

Fleur De Lys
Reaction score
Top Shop boss ready to sign Christina Aguilera in £4million deal to design new fashion range

EXCLUSIVE by Zoe Griffin 28/12/2008

79DDFB39-F470-22C5-09723AB887B4B266.jpg

Here’s a sprig of festive gossip to make Britney Spears and the rest of the fashion wannabes turn Green with envy.
I hear billionaire Sir Philip Green has been courting Brit’s old rival Christina Aguilera to design new ranges for his TopShop empire.
Aggy could expect to earn around £1million per range ...very nice work if you can get it.
However, there’s no whisper from my that Christina will replace Kate Moss – his most successful signing. Instead, Christina, 28, will be brought in to create her own additional lines to sell alongside Kate's.
The source told me: “Sir Philip has started talks with Christina and hopes to sign a deal soon. She has visited his offices in London and they are thrashing out the details.
“Philip loves her style and believes she would add something new to TopShop. Christina is the blonde bombshell who is into pop whereas Kate is the rock chick and model.
"She’d appeal to a younger shopper than Kate."
Big Phil does not usually get it wrong – hence his personal fortune of £4.3billion. Signing Kate, 34, was a stroke of genius and she has created seven collections since May 2007.
Kate recently inked a new deal with Green – worth £4million a year – for three more years and she will be developing lingerie and accessories on top of her fashion collections. Mind you, I can’t say I’ve been particularly taken by Green's own style this Christmas.
He’s been spotted wearing a series of vile T-shirts, including a Frankie-style Relax shirt, while on holiday in Barbados with pals Simon Cowell and Michael Winner. Phil’s face has also been superimposed on a Sid and Nancy T-shirt along with Cowell, Winner, and Sylvester Stallone as the Sex Pistols.
A tad less arrogant than Winner’s very unhelpful “Calm Down Dear, It’s Only A Recession” T-shirt, though.

mirror.co.uk

So, what do you guys think? :innocent:

I don't believe. It doesn't make a lick of sense. While talented, she's not known for great fashion.

Christina is the last celebrity who should do this. Beyond that fact that she is an awful dresser, she has no discernible style. Every couple years she comes out with a new look that is her "true style".

Most celebrities who do this sort of thing at least have a recognizable look. Christina is all over the place, and not even good all over the place.

What exact design will she be offering?? She hasn't been in the spot light during the recent 18 months and neither is she renowned for fab style. It would be a very poor choice to select her.

LOL @ Michael Winner hes so stuck up!

This makes no sense, I hope its not true..

If X-tina gets one, I want one! Im deadly serious... As much as I like X-tina as a singer, but she has really rinsed the whole retro Dita Von Teese thing. I think there are bigger and better style icons he can use and abuse to line his pockets.

Oh please no....Peaches Geldof is bad enough. Soon there'll be no actual Topshop clothes, just celebrity lines filling the stores. :blink:

i can't even decide if she has any remote musical talent,let alone style--which ironically she rips off like her music.

haha harsh scott but i agree with everyone.

i always disliked her, she's so fake and never really displays a true sense of self but a planned out persona.

well lets be fair she can sing.

Thats about it really. and what is this about Peaches Geldof, I dont understand the point of her?! This is actually making me not like topshop..

no,no,no,no,no!
Although, I do think her style has matured since giving birth -- it's still not well, "something new"

Oh gawd... who next? Amanda Lepore for Topshop?

Lets just say I wouldn't trust xtina to dress a build-a-bear :yuk:

here's another celebrity line i won't be buying. the only celeb to have ever made pretty clothes is kate moss, but i don't even own anything she's made.

Ermm...what?:blink:
Omg,they're complitely nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miloradd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->