Christina Milian Going Broke?

cosmogrl5

Fashionably Late
Reaction score
Christina Milian Going Broke? source: hollyscoop.com

Its been a tough year for R & B beauty Christina Milian as she was dropped by her label Def Jam records and had a ugly breakup with beau Nick Cannon. According to mediatakeout.com Christina is now facing a financial disaster.

A source close to the singing star says "Christina has been using a lot of her own money to go out and promote herself, and she's not rich." The insider explains, "everyone expected that a label would have picked her up by now, but no one has ... if she isn't signed soon, I'm afraid of what could happen."

Some say Christina has reached a breaking point and is selling her clothing on Ebay to raise some money. If you are looking for some designer wear for less
click here.

Where is Jay Z and P.Diddy when a sista needs help? What does a girl need to do these days to get a record deal? Here is my solution to this problem date Nick Lachey! Heck, it seems to help for everyone else!

Speaking of Christina check out her new look sporting a short hair-do at the 2006 BMI Urban Music Awards on August 30, 2006.

I don't even think I have the slightest idea as to who Christina Milian is...?:huh:

I guess that explains why she's broke.

Well, she's not super super famous but she is quite famous.....if you get what I mean....:smile:

thats a little surprising because although i dont like her music, she can sing....

^ Yes, she can sing very well. I was really surprised when I read this and saw that her record label dropped her. I thought that her CD did pretty well. Hopefully, she managed whatever money she made responsibly and didn't blow it all thinking she would be a huge star. Never can be too safe.

cosmogrl5 said:
^ Yes, she can sing very well. I was really surprised when I read this and saw that her record label dropped her. I thought that her CD did pretty well. Hopefully, she managed whatever money she made responsibly and didn't blow it all thinking she would be a huge star. Never can be too safe.
Because she's only had two hits, AM to PM (which was only a hit on TRL, barely a hit on TRL) then Dip it Low...Ya...

Then she tried that whole acting deal, but she writes songs too!! Didnt she write like all of JLo's debut album if I recall correctly?

Girl is doing it all wrong. New Zealand and UK LOVE her. She needs to move over to one of those countries and work it out there, she'd get picked up easy peasy. I heard so much of Christina Milian in 2004 and 2005 I thought I was going to be sick.

Going the international route can certainly help out an artist. Anastasia wasn't having great success in the US but she's huge in Europe.

Another example is Presidents of the United States of America-they had some hits, then took some time out of the limelight. Now they focus most of their time in Australia because they are insanely popular over there, and they can pick and choose what they want to do. One of my old teachers is actually the nephew of the lead singer and brought him in to talk to my video production class. Part of it, however, was that they are not signed to a huge label, so they can make more creative decisions.

For the heck of it I checked out her Ebay listings... the Tricia Fix dress... and here's a bit from the description:

"I love this dress but many celeb's have been"

Hmmm... "celeb's"... made me chuckle.

She just finished staring in a movie and is goes to lots of events. It looks from the outside like she's doing quite well.

Another example is Presidents of the United States of America-they had some hits, then took some time out of the limelight. Now they focus most of their time in Australia because they are insanely popular over there,

So that's where they went!! I thought they dropped off the face of the earth! Man, I loved that peaches song....they never play it on the radio anymore :(

That's too bad :( She is one of the few young celebs that I like...She seems so down to earth :flower:

I remeber watching this show once, where they talked about young celebs, the ones in the music world in particular. Anyways, they were saying that alot of these people get into the business and are really overwhelmed by it, and they feel as though they have to fit the image of what a "celebrity" is. So they'll buy the car, the house, the best clothes.......before they really make any real money...some times it works out for them, sometimes it doesn't. There was a part where this manager said that alot of these young celebs have to start living paycheque to paycheque....they make way more than the majority of people, but they start to live beyond their means...it's actualy really sad :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww...I feel bad for her but..not. Can she have any more grammatical errors in her advertisement?

dlg

I just remembered-- isn't she is Jessica Simpson's Public Affair video?

hahaha yeah i checked out the ebay stuff. Is it tricia fox not fix? Anyway, she doesn't really give sizes or the brand name so I don't think selling on ebay will take over as a dayjob. It makes me a bit sad in a way.

Well, that`s what happens when you take all your newly earned money to Louis Vuitton and Jacob the Jeweller instead of taking it to the bank until you release a second CD :rolleyes:

No sympathy from me.

As someone pointed out earlier, she is a very talented song writer and wrote some music for J.Lo that she should be getting some royalties from :unsure:

KhaoticKharma said:
As someone pointed out earlier, she is a very talented song writer and wrote some music for J.Lo that she should be getting some royalties from :unsure:

Oh, that`s good since JLO`s music career is going so well...:wink:

Yikes!! That is so.... weird. However, I don't know if I should be sad, like Heroin Chic said, it's all LV, Gucci, etc.. I'm sure she has her parents to fall back on like most teenagers.

From one of her ebay listings: "
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm cleaning out my closets and have donated at least 9 bags of clothing to local charites"

Is this for a tax break, perhaps? What the hell is she gonna wear if she gets rid of everything? Smaller bugdet = smaller apartment = smaller closet? :huh:
If I'm nearing bankruptcy I'm getting cash for everything I own, no donations. F' that, I need money for top ramen.

[/FONT]

Raintracks said:
Yikes!! That is so.... weird. However, I don't know if I should be sad, like Heroin Chic said, it's all LV, Gucci, etc.. I'm sure she has her parents to fall back on like most teenagers.

From one of her ebay listings: "
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm cleaning out my closets and have donated at least 9 bags of clothing to local charites"

Is this for a tax break, perhaps? What the hell is she gonna wear if she gets rid of everything? Smaller bugdet = smaller apartment = smaller closet? :huh:
If I'm nearing bankruptcy I'm getting cash for everything I own, no donations. F' that, I need money for top ramen.
[/FONT]

I fully agree.

I mean, nothing wrong with going broke on Designer items (that`s the case with me too :innocent: ) but if you are broke it`s time to grab your Gucci bag, go out and get a job.

I`m irritated by this charity thing too. If you`re "needy" yourself there is no point in "playing the hero".

But I`m even more irritated by the nickname "brokedownprincess" :rolleyes: and the tacky Baby Phat stuff on Ebay (she won`t recovery financially by selling this junk... :sick: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miloradd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->