Cindy Bruna

I don't mean to throw any shade, because I will be happy for almost any model of color BUT I don't see anything special about this girl. Even with models I don't like I still get why they are a model. With her it's just her height. She's kind of an average, even more commercial version of Joan Smalls with less cheekbones.

^ Well, I personally feel her look is elegant and beautiful, and she can take great pictures. I can say I don't get a lot of other models of different races appeal either, but that doesn't stop them from being favored in the industry. So to each his own...I don't understand why she needs to be compared as a lesser version of another model of color. I feel every model has their own distinct look and should be judge on how well of a model he/she is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 10 Newcomers - Spring/Summer 2014: Cindy Bruna
You know something is definitely up when a Calvin Klein exclusive is bestowed for the first time ever upon a model of colour. French newcomer Cindy Bruna backed up that history making Calvin Klein exclusive with opening slots at Temperley London and Roland Mouret. Bruna's combination of classic beauty and a magnificent 180 cm leggy frame brought a pinch of 80s supermodel nostalgia to the runways of Balmain, Alexander McQueen, Bottega Veneta, Giorgio Armani, Anthony Vaccarello, Jean Paul Gautier, and Givenchy. Bruna's Italian and Congolese heritage make for a compelling proposition with a luxuriant caramel complexion, exquisite almond shaped eyes, and a look that appeals to a broad cross-section of clients. Watch for Bruna's accessible and relatable beauty to place her in prime contention for key campaign slots in the fallout of the Spring/Summer 2014 show season.
inoubliablemodelarmy

Cindy Bruna
S/S 2014 TOTAL: 24
S/S 2014 MILAN/PARIS: 19
OPENED: 2 | CLOSED: 0

New York:
Calvin Klein (Exclusive)

London:
Antonio Berardi
House of Holland
John Rocha
Temperly London (O)

Milan:
Bluguirl
Bottega Veneta
Byblos
Emporio Armani
Frankie Morello
Gabriele Colangelo
Giorgio Armani
Massimo Rebecchi
Moschino
MSGM
Philipp Plein
Ports 1961

Paris:
Alexander McQueen
Anthony Vaccarello
Balmain
Elie Saab
Givenchy
Jean Paul Gaultier
Roland Mouret (O)

Roland Mouret Spring/Summer 2014 (O)

MOU_0015.450x675.JPG
MOU_0264.450x675.JPG

style

She is definitely well deserved for the top 10 best newcomers! I hope she books campaign & editorial work.

She may grab a bonus spot on mdc's top 10, but I don't think she'll make the top 10 as the quality of her show list overall isn't as strong as some other newcomers (those b/c-list shows in Milan), even with the CK exclu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Newcomers S/S 14: Cindy Bruna :magic:

cindy.jpg

The elegant Cindy Bruna began her season with a Calvin exclusive and ended it walking some of the biggest shows in Paris. A showlist that includes McQueen, Givenchy, Balmain and Jean Paul Gaultier is an impressive start for any newcomer, but with her unique look and grace on the runway Cindy stands out from the pack. With a face that screams beauty contract and a natural poise in front of the camera Cindy has all the makings of a major star.
models.com

Technically she isn't new on the runway but this is definitely her breakout season for sure!

She reminds me of Beverly Johnson.

A well deserved Top Ten Newcomers spot for the first Black Calvin Klein exclusive in history :heart:

Technically she isn't new on the runway but this is definitely her breakout season for sure!
Well, neither are Malaika, Anna Ewers, probably more. I haven't checked the others as they aren't that interesting to me lol. But yeah, that's extremely common.

Gorgeous girl. Patiently waiting to see more from her. Subscribing!

Giorgio Armani - One Night Only NYC - SuperPier - Show Oct 24

zimbio

^Yes, I would totally see her at the VSFS. Contagious smile and the girl seems to have a great healthy body. Really hope she will make it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greg1979
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->