Circle Lenses

loonaka

Reaction score
What Are Circle Lenses
Circle Lenses are special extra-wide cosmetic contact lenses which make the eye appear larger. Circle lenses are different from normal color contact lenses because normal color lenses are only tinted in the areas that cover the eyes iris, while circle lenses have an extra dark colored tint around the outer ring of the lens (The outer ring is transparent in normal color lenses). Circle lenses have gained tremendous popularity in Asia. Recent studies have shown that over 800,000 girls in Japan, Korea and Taiwan wear circle lenses for cosmetic purposes. Although not widely available in North America, many young teens and adults are starting to catch on to this popular trend by purchasing their circle lenses online.
http://lenscircle.com/what_are_circle_lenses.html

popseoul.com

us.cyworld.com

I saw these on a youtube make-up tutorial I watched a while back - I quite like the idea of them! i wear contacts all the time anyway so it would be cool to wear some for cosmetic reasons for once.

I know these are quite popular in East Asia, but anyone can use them..

I just got my black ones^^ Sorry for the crappy picture :rofl:

very lady gaga from bad romance look...little scary in real life if you ask me XD

I'm not quite sure I understand what they're supposed to do.
Basically make your eyes look bigger and clearer I think also they have different colors so..changing you eye color?

I just got my black ones^^ Sorry for the crappy picture :rofl:

loonaka, I actually think you look gorgeous in these. They look pretty natural. You're one of the very few people who can pull off darker circle lenses! :P

loonaka, I actually think you look gorgeous in these. They look pretty natural. You're one of the very few people who can pull off darker circle lenses! :P
You're to kind Michy^^ They look pretty natural on me, but you know IRL is not the same as on a photo so I guess they will always come off a bit "stronger" on photos

Woah they look kinda cool. I'd like to see more pics to get a better idea of the look though.

I've been curious about these since I heard of them ages ago. Some of them look much more realistic and attractive than other colour lenses I've seen.

I think they look best on people with small dark eyes, though. I've seen a few on people with larger eyes and the 'bigger iris' effect doesn't work so well because the eyes themselves are so large. With people who have lighter eyes it doesn't look right (if it is a coloured circle lens) because when the pupil is small you can see the real iris (e.g. a light brown ring within a blue circle lens), whereas with black to dark brown eyes, it looks like a normal pupil.

I'm not sure if they would work on me as, despite being half East Asian, my irises can look quite pale in the light.

I've read about them damaging eyes and preventing them from getting oxygen, but I'm wondering if there is actually any evidence of this or if they are only rumours? Also, apparently this applies to all lenses so why would we be able to wear contacts as an alternative to glasses if it is so damaging and unhealthy?

I wanted to edit my old post, but I've left it too long now. Does anyone know where you can get them for people who actually need glasses/contacts?

I wanted to edit my old post, but I've left it too long now. Does anyone know where you can get them for people who actually need glasses/contacts?
I've seen a page where you can buy circle lenses with strength(???) I'll see if I can find that page again..^_^

OMG Loonaka! What brand is your glasses? :woot: And your hat is TOO cute, where is it from? :lol:

OMG Loonaka! What brand is your glasses? :woot: And your hat is TOO cute, where is it from? :lol:
Aww..thanks Ida. My glasses are Chanel..3135 I bought them this summer^^ Quite happy with them. The hat I bought on ebay.:innocent:

Aww..thanks Ida. My glasses are Chanel..3135 I bought them this summer^^ Quite happy with them. The hat I bought on ebay.:innocent:
THANK you so much! I'm on the hunt for glasses, can't wear contacts every day :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->