ck One S/S 2011 by Steven Meisel

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
memock.jpg

ONE FOR ALL: Calvin Klein Inc., which is turning ck one into a full lifestyle brand, has conceived a global advertising campaign for spring that encompasses TV, print, the Internet and social media — all things that concern ck one’s targeted customer.

CKI declined to disclose the cost of the campaign, but said it is the largest digital initiative in its history. Directed by Steven Meisel, who did the original ck one fragrance campaign with Kate Moss and a gaggle of other Nineties faces, the new black-and-white ads are an evolution in the spirit of the current generation, centered around the new ckone.com site.

The ads feature more than 30 models inside a “ck one” box, dancing, laughing, arguing and, sometimes provocatively, posing in front of the filming camera in blink-and-you’ll-miss-it cuts. The commercials play into how today’s youth communicate — from filming themselves and posting the videos on Youtube.com to iChat, Facebook and Twitter — and features the likes of Abbey Lee Kershaw, Alice Dellal, Pixie Geldof, Fei Fei Sun, Ruby Aldridge, Sky Ferreira and Calvin Klein face Lara Stone. “It’s a great evolution of the original campaign,” CKI president and chief executive officer Tom Murry said. “It’s what the original campaign and the DNA of ck one stood for, but made relevant and current.”

CRK Advertising and consulting creative director Fabien Baron conceived the ad. There are four different iterations — for Jeans, Underwear, Fragrance and one for all categories — with more than 60 differently edited variations, some of which specifically target Asia. A key purpose is to drive traffic to ckone.com, which offers profiles of the cast and background content, and lets visitors upload their own ck one video versions. The site, available in 11 languages, will also have a global store, and custom mobile apps available for the iPhone, Android and Symbian.

A teaser will launch this Wednesday through an app at ckone.com, and the full campaign will be unveiled March 1. The accompanying print campaign, for April books, features stills of the videos. In addition to print media, the campaign will be placed on LED billboards at Houston and Lafayette streets in New York and Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles, as well as Subway Urban Panels, this week and elsewhere around the world from March 1. - wwd

CALVIN KLEIN is today unveiling its advertising campaign for the first ck one lifestyle collection - and it might just be bigger than Kate Moss and Marky Mark.

"We worked with Steven Meisel, who shot the original campaign for the launch of the ck one fragrance in 1994," Kevin Carrigan, global creative director of Calvin Klein Jeans and ck Calvin Klein, explained. "Mark and Kate were just young kids then and we wanted the same feel. We wanted to show how diverse the collection is when worn by different people, so we took one jean, one shirt, a great grey T-shirt; classic American basics, and gave them to these cool kids."

The collection is the first under the ck one label to include fragrance, underwear and denim and, in true Calvin Klein advertising tradition, features some of the world's most exciting faces to watch. Led by Vogue cover girl Lara Stone, the campaign features models, musicians, actors and sports stars known for their individuality: from models like Pixie Geldof, Alice Dellal, Bambi Northwood-Blyth, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Ruby Aldridge; to British boxing champion and Olympic hopeful Robert Evans; British model and dancer Jackson Blyton Megran; and Swedish artist Viggo Janason.

"We put them all in a room, just a big mirrored box surrounded by cameras, and let them try the collection," Carrigan told us. "The ck one collection is not about wearing clothes the way you've been told, it's about making them your own. We put the pieces in there in all sizes, from XXXL to XS; it's not about the perfect size - it's a play on proportion and androgyny. Girls were wearing jeans that were baggy and far too big, or wearing oversized shirts as dresses, they made the collection their own. It's the personalisation of fashion - and the campaign is really just a reportage of them trying the clothes."

Carrigan asserts that the new ck one offering is a "consumer generated line that will evolve with feedback from customers" - and online communication about the range, on social networking sites and the brand's website, will allow ck one to communicate with its customers The campaign teasers launch tomorrow, with the full unveil on March 1 worldwide. Visit www.ckone.com to find out more.
vogue.co.uk

Attachments

• CKOne_V_22feb11_pr_b.jpg
    CKOne_V_22feb11_pr_b.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 90
That Lara picture is great! The first one, not so much...

well, great to see lara, jessica and carmen but the commercial is bad :ninja: especially the part which the guys are dancing.

Yeah, unless you're Nicki Minaj, don't booty pop..or drop like it's hot, it's not.

Other shoot

6a00e54fb7301c8834014e863f29da970d-pi

Ohlalamag

i dont understand the box concept. why are they in a box?

i prefered the original ck one ad, where you could see each person individually.

Don't like this, even with Lara...
testinofan, isn't it the same shot posted in the first post?

I'm not really into Meisel's infatuation with the world wide web and how the advancing of technology effects the way we live and communicate. I guess seeing how consumed we are with alternate means of communication on a day to day basis in real life is enough for me...but I think it's indeed an interesting approach, and a relevant one at that.

Calvin Klein must to be proud of what his brand has become since his departure because I truly never seen so many ads under one name like I've seen for him. I love the idea of this ad and always expect the best from Meisel.

Bad concept bad the comercial

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimsplayhard
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->