CK One Cosmetics : by David Sims

Forrest

Reaction score
CK One Launching Color Cosmetics with Abbey Lee Kershaw & Lara Stone in the Campaign

Exciting news to hit the beauty world today, CK One are launching a Cosmetics Line and WWD brings us the details and first look at the campaign featuring Abbey Lee Kershaw, Lara Stone, Ruby Aldridge, Herieth Paul, Eliza Cummings, Fei Fei Sun and Ehren Dorsey as well as male models Viggo Jonasson and Yuri Pleskun as photographed by David Sims with creative direction by Fabien Baron.

We can expect to see the launch of 130 stock keeping unit colour cosmetics hit the US and excitingly our market in the second half of this year (not date confirmed as yet:(

“With its fragrance roots, expanding into a color cosmetics line was a natural progression for the CK One brand,” said Tom Murry, president and chief executive officer of Calvin Klein Inc. “This latest extension embodies the energy and free spirit of CK One, offering fresh and unique beauty products that are ideal for today’s youthful, independent consumer.”

We can expect to see concealers, foundation, bronzers, blush, mascara as well as color cosmetics such as eye shadow, lip gloss and lipstick. It’s reported many of the products are intended to multi-task such as 3-in-1 Face Makeup, which synthesizes serum, primer and face makeup into one lightweight formula.

This is the third foray into Cosmetics for Calvin Klein, a first effor in the 70s then launching in 2000 in collaboration with Unilever Cosmetics International it was phased out in 2003.

Can’t wait, will keep you posted.

Foto-VVDV33ET.jpg
Foto-BMJNWTTY.jpg
Foto-VYMC8JON.jpg
Foto-IRPZK6CZ.jpg

sassisamblog.com

Last edited by a moderator:
this is very interesting. the last calvin klein cosmetics collections were very expensive. this campaign makes the line seem more approachable - i like it!

Love it! Love the cast, the colors and i like the way it's photographed!

this is very interesting. the last calvin klein cosmetics collections were very expensive. this campaign makes the line seem more approachable - i like it!

Yes, because it's under ck one! I didn't even have the chance to try Calvin Klein cosmetics before they discontinued it. I hope this one stays longer... cause the packaging looks really cool. :lol:

edit: Oops, realized this thread wasn't under Paint that Face! I find the ads refreshing.

Last edited by a moderator:
strikes me as an 'edgier' version of NARS, which given Fabien's creative direction and packaging design isn't surprising. wonder which behemoth cosmetics company is undertaking Calvin's color cosmetic itch this time...i think the not so glamorous, drugstore oriented Markwins took the reigns last time...the 4th times the charm? this kind of reminds me of Revlon's Street wear line from the 90s.

I'm curious to see if the foundations go as dark as the ad implies; I'd be very impressed. the actual packaging design looks cumbersome and run of the mill while the ck one logo itself so forgettable and pales in comparison to instant recall power of the original cK one logo.

i do like added dimension of the over-size still life cosmetics, used in that painterly make-up as art but also as play, interchangeable and customized to mood. wonder if Raymond Meier shot the stills? that Fei Fei shot in particular is striking! Love the sense of movement and how the swiped lipstick bullet mimics Fei Fei's hair swish. Ruby looks haughtily flawless and is so channeling a young Danielle Zinaich there. interesting how each shot is so closely cropped to the point of taking off heads...

cK One Cosmetics
Models: Fei Fei Sun, Eliza Cummings and Herieth Paul/WOMEN
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Panos Yiapanis
Creative Director: Fabien Baron
Art Director: Yuki Iwashiro
Hair: Christiaan Houtenbos
Makeup: Mark Carrasquillo
Manicurist: Yuna Park
source: womenmanagement.tumblr.com

FULL SET
by David Sims, Stylist: Panos Yiapanis

[facebook/Intrepid London]

Great cast and styling! Thank you, tentalicious, for posting!

Finally Tilda gets a beauty contract she deserves! Those eyes are money makers.

Weren't Karolina Kurkova and Alessandra confirmed for CK one cosmetics??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->