Claiborne Swanson

valentinavee

Reaction score
275598806_9780ab64e0_o.jpg

pulp.orangephotography.com

35_swanson_lgl.jpg

nymag.com

Meet Anna Wintour's New Assistant

Who's got the job a million girls would kill for? Claiborne Swanson, that's who! The little cherub has just been "promoted" from public-relations associate at Vogue to Anna Wintour's assistant. Even though our gut tells us we wouldn't last very long in that position, we've always wondered what that job is really like and envy that Clay (can we call her Clay? It's so much easier than Claiborne) gets to find out. Besides, it would be a real treat to scope out Anna's outfits up close and personal every single day. So who is Miss Clay, the person? According to SF Luxe, she was the buyer at Beau boutique in San Francisco. She pops up in New York Social Diary and Patrick McMullan — always in charming outfits, of course. But the coolest thing about Clay is she's a Swanson, as in Swanson TV dinners.
So good luck, girlfriend! Treat yourself to some spa time this weekend before the stress prematurely ages you.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for posting, she is pretty and looks to have a nice style ^_^
& good luck to her with the new position.

i know her...she's a friend of a friend of mine from grad school...
she definitely has great style...
she's one of the sf society gals...her sister is married to trevor traina, vanessa and victoria's half brother...

15fr8e8.jpg

nysocialdiary.com

I like Leith too :P Haven't met Claiborne but I'm sure she's sweet, she's quite pretty (as expected). Though a bit older than what the assistants usually are, I think.

Also she's been in the position since April 2008 at least, when that news broke out.

:lol:

seems like another typical case of Vogue US nepotism :wink:

:flower:

nothing against the girl, but Vogue US = :rolleyes:

Well I wouldn't say the American equivalent to Melanie H because at least Melanie H has some pages to her credit - there are also two other Assistants to the EIC at US Vogue, and they may get to write a small blurb or something but from what I've seen definitely not the same level as Melanie H.

Though at least when they've worked there for 1-2 years, they can get 'fast-tracked' into whatever job they want in Vogue or elsewhere pretty much - Sylvana Soto-Ward (Accessories Editor) and Aimee Cho (designer of Gryphon) have been her assistants as well.

Well I wouldn't say the American equivalent to Melanie H because at least Melanie H has some pages to her credit - there are also two other Assistants to the EIC at US Vogue, and they may get to write a small blurb or something but from what I've seen definitely not the same level as Melanie H.

Though at least when they've worked there for 1-2 years, they can get 'fast-tracked' into whatever job they want in Vogue or elsewhere pretty much - Sylvana Soto-Ward (Accessories Editor) and Aimee Cho (designer of Gryphon) have been her assistants as well.

Oh really? I didn't Anna had more than one assistants. I guess she fits American Vogue.

I believe that Anna has 3 assistants currently, Claiborne, Leith and Asia Baker.. I think.

Yep that's right... I don't know what's up with those rumours saying one or two of them have left though.

I thought Wintour had four assistants. Two who were personal, and two just for work at vogue. However when the economy got bad, two had to leave because Conde Nast had to cut back.

Last I heard she had three assistants at Vogue (Claiborne, Leith and Jessica Nagin), though sometimes it's just two. No idea about her personal assistants or whether she has any. Three work assistants is quite a lot as it is!

What happened to Asia Baker? I thought she was so lovely when I met her.

Did she go back home? :unsure: I thought she was still in NYC. Anyway...

So new photos of Claiborne? Or any other of the Vogue assistants? :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->