Clare Venema

I loved her so much on the show, I hope she does really far. I also hope she finishes school though, it was reported she was on a full scholarship so evidently as clever as she was mature on the show.

my fave pic to date in hq!

chicmanagement.com.au

i see cosmo used another shot, and it's so beautiful!

im officially on clare's train now, since Cassi not interested in pursuing her modelling career....

Clare spoke to TV WEEK after getting the boot from Australia's Next Top Model

Was the whole experience bitchier than you expected?
I came into the competition thinking that it would be bitchy because it's a bunch of girls all competing for the same thing but I don't think anything could have prepared me for the stuff I went through in that house. Especially, me and Cassi didn't get along. I've never really experienced anyone like Cassi in my life before. That whole experience with her was a complete shock. In terms of the bitchiness with Franky, it was quite strange watching it back because she was actually not that bad to me at the time but then I saw the stuff she said behind my back to the camera and it was a complete shock.

What was it she said that you didn't know before?
We were walking into elimination and she said that I really hope Clare's ego gets squashed because I'd like to see someone that stuck up get let down or something like that. I was like, woah, where did this come from? You had no idea what people said about you at the time.

How did you feel about the incident with Cassi storming in on you while you were in the shower?
That shower thing was just one of many incidents of bullying with Cassi but she was clever enough to continue them off-camera. Watching it back, it was difficult to watch because I remember how afraid I was feeling at the time. I wasn't really expecting something like that to ever happen. I didn't think that having a shower early in the morning would be the spark to death threats but there you go. That was pretty shocking but, like I said, she did continue bullying off-camera as well.

What type of thing do you mean?
She would just continue saying rotten things all the time. It wasn't so much storming in on showers but bullying can be undercover. She just said hurtful things most of the time and it was a bit tough having to live with Cassi. She's not the type of person I'd like to spend too much time in the outside world but I was kind of forced to on the show. Looking back with the whole Cassi incident, I am aware that, being on the show, I am a role model for young girls so I regret my decision to put up with the bullying. I hope that young girls watching know that bullying is never OK. I hope I didn't portray that you should put up with bullying at all because you really shouldn't.

Were you shocked by Cassi's tantrums making the headlines?
I really wasn't expecting all that controversy about her behaviour. I didn't think that many people would be interested in it. To see it splattered on the front of the paper, it was insane.

Why did everyone clash with her?
Everyone clashed with Cassi – it wasn't that we saw her as a threat in the competition, she didn't have any empathy towards other people.

Will you keep in contact?
I've kept in contact with Eloise and Maddy. They're lovely girls. I love Laura M – she was my mummy in the house.

Anyone you don't care if you ever see them again or not?
Definitely Cassi. I can't see that her and I would be chumming up too much and probably Franky as well. After seeing the stuff she said about me on camera, it was just really difficult and I don't think her and I will be the best of friends after this. There was the incident of Leah saying mean things about me on the show so I probably won't stay in contact with her much but that was a while ago. It's not raw still.

Were you shocked it was you who went home this week to?
Yeah, it was a little bit of a shock because I had won the Fashion Week challenge and I thought my photo was good. I was also disappointed that someone like Cassi could possibly win the show and be a role model to young girls. I was also disappointed because I think there are a lot of people out there that don't want to see Cassi in the final two. I tried my best for that to happen and I tried to be in the top two so I am disappointed and I hope I didn't disappoint them. I did try my best.

When Tahnee's name was called first, what was it like to have it be down to you and Cassi for the other spot?
My stomach dropped in that elimination room. I hadn't been in the bottom two before. I was terrified at that point and knowing only one of us was going to get through. But it as out of my hands.

What did you think of Tahnee?
It didn't really surprise me that she made the Top 2. I always thought she had a pretty good shot. She seemed like one of the favourites in the competition. I think she's been consistent.

What did you feel about Cassi changing her mind about being in the competition all the time?
Cassi thinking she wanted to leave the competition was a bit unfair – not so much to us but to all the girls who tried to go on the show, didn't get in and would kill to be in her position. It seems like a slap in the face. It wasn't very fair.

What's it been like watching yourself on TV?
I watch every episode and my family has a routine – we have a pizza night for every episode. We all watch it together. It's so strange seeing yourself on television. I didn't even realise some of the mannerisms I have until I saw it. You tell your friends and family about everything you've been through but for them to experience it with you, it's just really odd.

Were you worried about friends and family think of it all?
I'm not really worried about what they think of me on the show. You know who your real friends are and when they see the show it's take it or leave it really.

What was the highlight of your time on the show?
Going to London and Vin Diesel coming up to me. I was sitting in the hotel lobby and Vin Diesel and his bodyguard came up to me. Vin Diesel said, "Oh I just wanted to tell you that you have beautiful legs and you're really gorgeous and I wish I could take a picture of you" and stuff and then he went away. I leant over to Cassi and I was like, "Who was that?" and she said, "Clare! That was Vin Diesel." Oops. Meeting Elle MacPherson was amazing too. She's definitely a role model for me. The encouragement she gave us is priceless.

What will you take from what she said?
Something that Elle MacPherson promoted was being a model but keeping up your education as well. That's something I've really thought about. Elle MacPherson had a really great modelling career but, now, because she's kept up her education she's managed to become a business. She's breaking the stereotype of the dumb model.

Did anything about the show put you off modelling at all?
It didn't. I'm not the sort of person that runs away from their problems or difficult times. It makes me stronger. It made me want to be a model even more.

Which of the judges scared you the most?
I was most worried about what Sarah had to say. She seemed to have the most say in the competition and she's really hard to impress.

Is that why you quoted her in the elimination this week?
I found that in a Foxtel magazine and I think that really sits well with me and it stuck in my mind. I do think something that I pride myself on in this competition is my attitude and professionalism so I thought I should discuss that as my strength.

Why did you – as others did – throw Cassi's frog in the pool?
I wanted to leave with a bang! I had to put up with her bullying and attitude so it was time for a bit of revenge. She can't rip me out of a shower by my hair anymore. It was just a little joke to keep up the tradition.

Who do you want to win the whole thing now?
Tahnee but, then again, in the best case scenario I would have liked Adele win.

What's next for you?
I'm looking forward to the final and catching up with the girls. I'm hoping to sign with Priscilla's and I'd love to be able to do the next season of Fashion Week. I really want to get into modelling again and I realise you have to strike while the iron is hot so I'll be trying to get as much work as possible.

tvweek.ninemsn.com.au

"I realise you have to strike while the iron is hot so I'll be trying to get as much work as possible"

Wow she has such a good attitude, compared to Cassi, and its so odd to hear the two sides to the story. She does seem sort of stuck-up thought tbh, but very professional and motivated.

Models hit catwalk for Sydney Fashion Festival

0,,6716350,00.jpg

Aspiring models for Sydney Fashion Festival ... (From left) Caitlin Lomax, Adele Thiel, Clare Venema and Mariana Dantec at IMG Offices, Sydney.

FASHION will be brought to the people next month as Australian designers endeavour to impress their toughest critics - potential shoppers.

The week-long Sydney Fashion Festival will be held in Martin Place from August 17-22 and features the many of the designers traditionally showcased at the more exclusive Australian Fashion Week, such as Lisa Ho, Jayson Brunsdon and Nicola Finetti.

Tickets for the event, now in its second year, go on sale tomorrow, and aspiring models hit the catwalk yesterday in the hope of being one of the 30 selected for the shows.

Gallery: Models hit catwalk for Sydney Fashion Festival

Among them were Australia's Next Top Model finalists Clare Venema and Adele Thiel, who are both hoping to launch modelling careers away from the buzz of the top-rating show.

Gallery: Australia's Next Top Model

Beautiful blonde Venema, who finished third, has just signed with Chic Model Management, was a stand-out.

"I'm delighted to have this chance to be put up today and be part of such a prestigious fashion event," she said.

"I have learnt a lot about the runway from being on the show."

Daniel Hill, the general manager for the festival's organisers IMG Fashion believes the event will draw in a new crowd of fashion fanatics.

"Having it in the heart of the city will hopefully give a lot of interest to people and hopefully encourage them to support the Australian fashion industry," he said.

"I think more and more people are taking an interest in all aspects of fashion and this is a great opportunity to make the designers and their clothes more accessible to the public."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25770384-5013554,00.html

0,,6715926,00.jpg

0,,6715925,00.jpg

0,,6715919,00.jpg

0,,6715918,00.jpg

0,,6715916,00.jpg

0,,6715923,00.jpg

0,,6715921,00.jpg

news.com.au

Clare Venema's Photoshoots on Australia's Next Top Model Cycle 5

ausntm.all-antm.net

RAFW Spring/Summer 09/10

Wayne Cooper
Wayne_Cooper_Runway16.jpg
Wayne_Cooper_Runway38.jpg

Nicola Finetti
NicolaFinetti_Runway_20.jpg

vogue/ six6photography/ sonnyphotos

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginger & Smart

Little Black Dress Show

Sass & Bide

Romance Was Born

vogue/ getty images

Beautiful! She was my favourite in that series, she is so driven and self assured, it's wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->