Clare Waight Keller - Designer, Creative Director of Uniqlo

I don’t understand this appointment. Uniqlo does not need a public creative director. I cherish Uniqlo for its non-Eurocentric point of view - it’s created mainly in response to the need, trends, styles, and body types of Japan. I’m not sure how Clare can tap into that organic pov.
I agree this won't work and it will be a waste of money
If I want Cos or Arket-looking clothes, I go to those places

a lot of the knitwear they are pushing is now largely synthetic, too.
Her collection C had many leftover stock in my city
The knits are super itchy and stiff, the fit is extremely unflattering
Funny she mentioned 'cashmere' again in her Vogue fluff puff piece

Can they not have Jil Sander instead?

lemaire and jw did GREAT things for unqilo, claire i dont know, her collection out now looks kinda boring

I just want to know where Lemaire is in this situation, wasn’t he CD or Artistic or whatever for a while?

Uniqlo operates several studios in different cities, Paris' is helmed by Lemaire and as far as I heard, there is another in LA mainly focussed on denim developments.

With Clare’s position now affirmed, I would guess they opened another in London.

That’s why I took today’s announcement with a bit of doubt as to how powerful her position will be in reality, as the most important decisions are anyway done in Japan. Like I said, I understand it as a goal to modernize their womenswear a bit, which was never much Uniqlo’s strength to offer very womanly or dressy clothes.

So Cedric Charlier is out? isn't he the design director / creative director for Uniqlo?

Given the dreadful working practices of the company, they must have paid Clare an incredible salary for that position. Still, I believe Clare is better than that.

Given the dreadful working practices of the company, they must have paid Clare an incredible salary for that position. Still, I believe Clare is better than that.

I mean, Lemaire has lasted with them longer than his Hermès gig and longer than most designers at any luxury brand owned by one of the major conglomerates.

Uniqlo‘s strategy with their collaborations is inconsequent and Uniqlo U could have been larger by now, had it been run similarly to ARKET and COS, but it seems like he‘s satisfied with their ongoing collaboration - Or else he hadn‘t allowed Fast Retail to make a minority investment in his own brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->