Haute Couture F/W 2020.21 Open Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jun 29, 2020.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

OK, so we're officially one week away from the haute couture season and I'm eager to see how this upcoming season turns out given our current circumstance amid a global health crisis and the shows going digital as a result.

Who're you looking forward to most? I'm always a fan of Alexandre Vauthier, so very much looking forward to hopefully digesting some major 80s glamour. Of course Chanel is a highlight (no matter what the designs) and perhaps Christian Dior for old times sake.

Valentino are doing some sort of 'inspiration' presentation show and the official unveiling of the collection will be at a later date in Italy, right? Miffed there's no Givenchy this season... how I'm missing the elegance and sophistication of Clare Waight Keller already.

lauralynn025 likes this.
  2. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

No Ralph Rucci, no party!

Lola701 likes this.
  3. susseinmcswanny

Margiela I'm sure will be mind blowing. Also Azzaro w/ Olivier Theyskens!!

Sad no Armani or Rucci

YohjiAddict likes this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I’m really interested in seeing if lockdown will mean fantasy or reality. Couture has been profitable for the majority of houses during the 2010´s and I wonder how they will react to what happened.

Very excited for Olivier at Azzaro, Vauthier, Margiela, Valentino, Imane Ayissi and maybe some curiosity for Chanel and Dior.

I’ll miss Ralph Rucci because I think what he offers really stand out. That tension between old fashioned style and modernity is very rare today.

5. CommanderTMugler

CommanderTMugler Well-Known Member

Aww really? No Armani? That’s disappointing. Givenchy I can understand but it would have been nice to see, I was growing fond of Claire’s work. Would have edited things here and there but she had some solid ideas.

Does anyone know what is going to happen to the Gaultier collaboration? Same with Versace, will they release pics or just skip it this season?

Excited for Schiaparelli, Ralph and Russo, Giambattista Valli if it’s like his last collection, Stephane Rolland, Alexandre Vauthier, Ellie Saab, Valentino when they show.

I read that Dolce was showing their Alta Moda in Florence. I loved their last July collection in Sicily, some of those gowns were just gorgeous.

6. CommanderTMugler

CommanderTMugler Well-Known Member

Azzaro has Theyskens? If it’s anything like Nina Ricci then I’m excited.

7. lauralynn025

lauralynn025 Active Member

Chanel & Dior. Those are always a must see for me!!
    Also excited for Margiela as well!!

8. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I hope it won’t be like Nina Ricci because Azzaro has an actual identity. I would really want a level of sophistication close to what he did at Rochas with the attitude of his work at Theory.

Azzaro is a house born in the late 60’s with an aesthetic really rooted in the 70’s. Vanessa Seward did it wonderfully but I hope Olivier will really take it to another level.

9. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Olivier's debut at Azzaro, the only exciting thing to look forward to along with John's Margiela for me.

lauralynn025 likes this.
  10. vogue28

Schiaparelli has announced it won’t be participating this season, according to Harper’s Bazaar Brazil’s Instagram account.

GivenchyHomme likes this.
  11. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

My eyes says thanks!

12. GoldenPetals

GoldenPetals New Member

Maison Margiela is the only house that I can consistently stay excited for during Haute Couture week.
    The others are so hit and miss these days.

I wish Atelier Versace would come back.

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  13. vogue28

AT 7:30 CMT tonight, you'll be able to watch the Balmain showcase live via their TikTok page:

14. aracic

aracic Moderator

[​IMG]

15. susseinmcswanny

He wishes he was presenting haute couture lmfao after that flop couture stunt last year he ain't never gonna be invited back

RedSmokeRise and jeanclaude like this.
  16. vogue28

A preview of Chanel, set to be unveiled on July 7th:

17. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Previews from Dior:

Her fall haute couture collection for Dior was inspired by female Surrealist figures such as Dora Maar, Leonora Carrington and Lee Miller – and Chiuri gave the presentation an unexpected twist of her own, producing the outfits at miniature scale and presenting them on mannequins housed in a trunk shaped like Dior’s headquarters on Avenue Montaigne.

“To think about creativity, to dream, was very good, because it gives you hope for the future,” the designer, wearing a white surgical mask, said during a preview at her office in Paris. “I think art is very important in this moment.”

Since physical haute couture shows were canceled this season due to the coronavirus pandemic, Chiuri decided to produce a traveling display – call it a fresh spin on her Dior Around the World capsule line of ready-to-wear and luggage.

“During the lockdown, I saw many articles about the digital world, but honestly, fashion is not only digital. It’s not something you can only see. You have to touch it, you have to see the craftsmanship, especially in couture,” she explained. “In this way we can send the collection around the world to our clients.”

The Dior haute couture ateliers are making two sets of 37 outfits, each reproduced at 40 percent of the original size. “All the dresses are really couture dresses. We made them in the real proportions with the real textiles, with the real craftsmanship,” Chiuri said. “It’s playful, but it’s real. You have to see yourself in a dress.”

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

WWD

18. blackbow91

blackbow91 New Member

That's trying too hard, feels desperate.

Lovely black and gold tweed though. It's probably going to be wasted in some monstruosity.

jeanclaude likes this.
  19. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Madame Cécile deserves better than to be churning girly, cutesy and bland clothes for Virginie...she's used to dress the gods and gods she should dress.

20. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member