Cloak Footwear

Arturo21

Reaction score
012606h.jpg

January 26, 2006—After a year that included a CFDA award, two well-received collections, and a new store in SoHo, Alexandre Plokhov isn’t resting on his laurels. “I want Cloak to be a full wardrobe company, with everything from shoes to underwear to suits to evening wear," the Russian-born, New York-based designer says. His first, ahem, step in that direction is the shoes. Debuting at the Cloak store and Barneys next month, the fledgling footwear line consists of two distinct styles—a lace-up and a "desert boot"—both of which, Plokhov says, draw their inspiration from “hyper-stereotypes of maleness…Lawrence of Arabia, British explorer type stuff.” :woot: Materials include canvas, leather, and—this being Cloak—scorched suede, and the shape features a slight toe-box lift for a worn-in look. As you’d expect from a trained tailor, the finished product is meticulously crafted, with heavy topstitching and old-fashioned hobnail heel treatments. When asked who manufactures them, Plokhov demurs: “Commercial secret—let’s just say they’re made in Italy.” Fine by us, as long as they’re able to keep up with demand.
Available in February at Cloak, 10 Greene St., NYC, (212) 625-2828, and Barneys New York, 660 Madison Ave., NYC, (212) 826-8900, www.barneys.com

— Andy Comer

From Men.style.com

:wub:

Purchased my desert boot today. They should be arriving by this weekend hopefully. I'll try and post some pics and tell you what I think as soon as I get them... and in case they don't fit, they will be up for sale considering all phone order sales with Cloak are final sale. They're sz 40, but supposed to be running big (I'm a 41). They were $625 but I couldn't resist. I've been looking for good black boots for a while, and been waiting for these since I saw the Spring '05 runway.

Anyways, thanks Faust for your input.

trueblue said:
Purchased my desert boot today. They should be arriving by this weekend hopefully. I'll try and post some pics and tell you what I think as soon as I get them... and in case they don't fit, they will be up for sale considering all phone order sales with Cloak are final sale. They're sz 40, but supposed to be running big (I'm a 41). They were $625 but I couldn't resist. I've been looking for good black boots for a while, and been waiting for these since I saw the Spring '05 runway.

Anyways, thanks Faust for your input.

You are welcome. I hope they are nice and you like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->