Clogs

I really love the look of the No.6 clogs. I saw them on Michelle Williams and like a total follower, thought they looked great. I really like the Rachel Comey librarian boots as well but I think the clogs will probably get more use.

Swedish Hasbeens-- the new love of my feet

I bought a pair of these at Lulu's in Manhattan Beach while visiting my parents. Here's how they won my love:
1. The "SALE" sign got me to turn my head (they were getting rid of summer shoes:(blink:
2. oh la la the style! so simple and so funky! just pieces of leather nailed onto a wooden sole, outer sole padded with rubber.:blush:
3. But...I must proceed with caution, don't want [my feet] to get hurt...would such a stripped down assembly treat me with as much tenderness as "normal" shoes?
4. I slipped a foot in a little red peep toe...ahhhh a match made in heaven. :heart:

photo from hasbeens.com
swedish-hasbeens-peeptoe_high.jpg

I love the No.6 boots, they look so cosy!

I bought a pair of black fur clogs last spring, when still nobody talked about it. I really like them, they look cool with my rock look. ^_^
They are from Sanita – the original Danish clogs.

Trying to find some No. 6, Hasbeens or Rachel Comeys on sale, but they're like $200+! If anyone sees a sale, please post!

I saw these really cute cow-print clogs made by London Underground in Aspen. I have been looking on the web since then, but I haven't bee able to find them in the cow print. Does anyone know where to find them????? Thanks for your help! (I would perfer the cow print, but any would do. I attached a picture of the cheetah print)

I want resurrect this thread :woot:

Shopqueen, your post was over 5yrs ago :ninja: hehe but I have cow-print clogs by Michael Kors that are very similar.

The Chanel clogs for s/s 10 are awesome but very high, though there is a lower style with the flowers on the side but I haven't seen it IRL.

I :heart: the No. 6 clogs but can't find 'em stateside

And my obsession is the Prada chandelier clog for s/s 10

^No. 6 has a website from which can order. I bought mine on Totokaelo and lagarçonne also sells the brand. I love them!

I :heart: these- they're from Walter Steiger
pic from waltersteiger.com - Elle janvier 2010 scanned by me.

Attachments

• ELLE-JANV-2010-(2).jpg
    ELLE-JANV-2010-(2).jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 15
  • waltersteiger-summer2010.jpg
    waltersteiger-summer2010.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
^^ I do like those. I like them more in the magazine photo, though, for some reason. Maybe it's just the lighting.

nice ^

(from WhoWhatWearDaily)

Clogs may be the preferred footwear of nurses, chefs, and dancing milkmaids, but this season, they're getting a decidedly designer update. Thanks to the smart styling choices of Miuccia Prada, Karl Lagerfeld, and Marc Jacobs, these traditional Dutch soles are transformed with sturdy platform heels, pretty satin microprints, and metal studs on the side. The result of all this tinkering is a totally fresh and chic look. And while some of our favorite fashion all-stars such as Alexa Chung, seen here in the much-buzzed-about Chanel pair are already rocking these fresh-off-the-catwalk clogs, we thought we would shine a light on the six most sure-footed examples of this spring must-have in today's Go Buy Now story!

1. Miu Miu Satin Daisy-Print Clog ($495)
The shoes in the Miu Miu S/S 10 show were an editor-favorite, and for good reason. The exaggerated heel and range of sweet patterns such as sparrows, cats, and dogs are certainly dramatic and darling. While every printed pair is desirable, we particularly fell hard and fast for these slip-on clogs. Not only do they feature a cheeky daisy print, but the wooden platform and oversized studs add to the fashion-forward-feel of these covetable clogs!

2. No.6 Store T-Strap Clog ($230)
We couldn't do this GBN story without mentioning the lovely ladies at No. 6, who have been turning out clog-boots for a few seasons now. Though their ankle boot version is Michelle Williams' go-to errand-running pick, we think this denim t-strap style is perfect for a sunny spring afternoon and will go with everything in your closet!

3. Stuart Weitzman Studclog ($345)
With warm weather around the corner, we wanted to feature a style that had an open toe for those of you who love to show off a perfect pedicure! The snakeskin surface adds a sophisticated and luxurious touch to these slip-ons making them an absolutely ideal option for an afternoon picnic in the park or your favorite outdoor concert.

4. Jeffrey Campbell Charli Clog ($135)
If you're wild for the Karl Lagerfeld-designed clogs seen on the Chanel runway, then you simply must consider these black leather kicks from Jeffrey Campbell (or the equally divine tan pair)! These look-a-like lovelies bear a striking resemblance to the designer version, but they have the original beat in the price department!

5. Opening Ceremony W19 Ankle Boot Clog ($520)
Opening Ceremony is once again catering to its fashion-savvy urbane clientele with these red ankle-boot clogs. This pair is the perfect marriage of traditional clogs and grunge-y Doc Martens. We can totally imagine Chloe Sevigny or Kirsten Dunst pairing them with a flirty floral dress for spring!

6. Pedro Garcia Fiona Taffy Eden Calf Clog ($560)
As we've previously mentioned, nude tones are all the rage for the transitional season. Be sure to get a head start on this subdued style with these Pedro Garcia platform mary-janes in a lovely ecru shade. The studding on the side is reminiscent of the Chanel clogs, and the patent leather will definitely help you make a delightful and whimsically chic statement. KM

TAGS: Go Buy Now, Alexa Chung, Chanel, Miu Miu, No. 6
DISCUSS

I like how in their "tags" they used "Chanel" but they didn't include a pic or blurb of the beautiful Chanel clogs coming out :innocent:

Attachments

• 33GBN-clogs-upload.jpg
    33GBN-clogs-upload.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 11
^can't say that I do! I prefer the much more tamed ones posted above.

has anyone purchased the chanel clogs yet? i'd love to see them on a real girl (opposed to alexa chung or the runway.)

Personally, I've never disliked clogs or seeing clogs being worn. They can be pretty comfortable for femmes. Full-length pants with either straight legs or some kind of flared leg can give the impression of wearing some tall boots. Of course, these days, wearing boots over your jeans or pants is the way to go now. I've never hated clogs. Only exceptions would be any of those sheepskin, UGG-like clogs. Same applies for the most popular clogs- those familiar ones from Crocs (and from knock offs).

Any Swedish Hasbeen fans? They seem impossible to get in the US. The sizing has me confused....hear they run small, hear they are true to size. Wood based clogs seem to be the sort of shoe that has to fit perfectly otherwise the agony is not worth the look. Any thoughts?

^Heard the Swedish Hasbeen were pretty hard to break in and a pain to take care of.

I really like the retro 70's vibe of the sandal/clogs so I bought some wooden sandals and had been planning to wear them now with wool socks but it keeps on raining...

I actually blogged about clogs and mules not too long ago. Most clogs are primarily for comfort, and not many clogs are stylish. It's the slip-on style that has me a fan of them. Pants and jeans with decent voluminous legs can give the impression of wearing some tall boots when clogs or mules are worn. I've seen a few clogs and mules recently.

The one issue I have with clogs is that with the craze of skinny jeans and very slim jeans, are femmes going to try going with clogs to go with skinny jeans and pants (would look pretty off in my view)? Clogs with tights (with feet) or stockings can look pretty nice if you're wearing a skirt or a dress or something. Cropped/Flood/Highwater pants with clogs is perfectly fine as a look.

I'd be pretty interested to see how this style comes along, if it does become such a hot look.

Any Swedish Hasbeen fans? They seem impossible to get in the US. The sizing has me confused....hear they run small, hear they are true to size. Wood based clogs seem to be the sort of shoe that has to fit perfectly otherwise the agony is not worth the look. Any thoughts?

Dude, I got SH Superhigh Peeptoe. They fit true to size, but they are narrow ie. not for wide-ish feet. The SH customer service is really helpful if you have sizing questions. I really like wearing them with socks. COmfy! ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->