Colette Pechekhonova

There is a Colette thread! And I think I might have responded in it too... must have been yeeaaars ago.

Anna, those pics are so beautiful, do you know who the photographer is by any chance?

i wish i knew, my dear! the problem is that everyone is obsessed with models and hardly anyone with photographers... i swear we could find goldmines for our photographers' section if all those model-fans would ever credit the staff... i'll stop rambling:blush:

i have the feeling the black&white one could be by lagerfeld :ninja:
i remember he did a fashion&art editorial with her for german vogue...

maybe m-o-m knows about the other two, she seems to know everything:flower:

This is weird, I was just thinking about Colette the other day. In fact I did look at the other thread and I suppose I'll go ahead and link to the last print work I saw from her in the Sept 04 Flair:

attachment.php

anna karina said:
i wish i knew, my dear! the problem is that everyone is obsessed with models and hardly anyone with photographers... i swear we could find goldmines for our photographers' section if all those model-fans would ever credit the staff... i'll stop rambling:blush:

i have the feeling the black&white one could be by lagerfeld :ninja:
i remember he did a fashion&art editorial with her for german vogue...
It should be made obligatory to include the staff's names if known. You actually should suggest this in "Member Support" and then I'll immediately drop in to wholeheartedly approve of it B) Of course.

Yes, annak, the black and white is by Lagerfeld. Don't know about the two color shots though. Sorry.

Sad about her health and having to quit she just doesn't look healthy at all in pictures towards the end.

I wonder where this information about Colette being"ill"was gathered from.
She has always been thin with a gorgeous body.
This story of "illness" is pure rumour.
She's as gorgeous now as ever.
perfect face, hair and body.

This article clip from models.com from awhile ago, says that Colette may have been on her way to being another campaign icon like Kate Moss or Natalia V. in tha Calvin Ads. This was right after Kate Moss had been dumped from the campaigns and Colette was just starting in the business:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One girl amused him more than any, a tall blonde Russian beauty with incredibly clear skin and a slightly alien, vaguely bulbous stare. Her name was Colette and she was locked in with New York Models, the hot boutique agency. Days after the Kate Moss drama, the press was fed the story that Calvin's new muse had been selected. Colette with three campaigns in her back pocket was booked exclusively for the Calvin Klein show in February of '99, ensuring that no other designer could use her for their runway. And promptly Edward Enninful, Fashion Editor of the English style bible and a former consultant to CK, books the instant star Colette to his April cover, passing over surefire sellers like Amber and Erin O' Conner. All the tracks are laid for Collette to emerge as the newest Calvin Klein icon. Then a funky thing happens. Collette disappears from the CK view. Instead we get a celebrity driven CK Jeans campaign.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sources inform MODELS.com that like the film Rashoman, the different parties have a different, often conflicting tale to tell. Our contacts at Klein's showroom reflect the matter as a simple change of a whimsical mind. Calvin, apparently, got over Colette, no more no less. Our sources at New York Models, while trying to be delicate in their phrasing, however hint that negotiations collapsed over the issue of fees, since an exclusive contract usually suggests a seven-figure compensation. Wherever the truth lies, suffice it to say, Calvin was not amused.
[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue Nippon, Japan - Fashion Editor, Tiina Laakkonen - Makeup, Lena Koro - Hair, Katsuya Kamo - Model, Colette
l1872.jpg

[raymondmeier.com]

zobworld.com
Colette Pechekhonova in "Soixante-neuf"
Photographs by Stephane Sednaoui (2000)

Colette Pechekhonova in "Safari Deluxe" -- Photographs by Mark Abrahams

I'm so happy I found this thread! She's one of my favorite models... I really love her in the all of the Prada and Miu Miu runway shows, she has such a fresh look in those shows... :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->