Colette To Close

honeycombchild

Reaction score
PARIS, France — Colette, the renowned Parisian boutique, is closing down after 20 years. Saint Laurent will be taking over the Rue Saint Honoré location.

The boutique was founded in 1997 by Colette Roussaux, and has been led by her daughter Sarah Andelman in recent years.

Andelman is famed for her discerning fashion edits and quirky mix of lifestyle products that have turned the store into one of Paris’ premiere fashion pit-stops. Drawn to an eclectic mix of high fashion and edgy street labels alike, Andelman regularly showcases designs from up-and-coming designers and was one of the first to stock collections by Proenza Schouler, Mary Katrantzou and Rodarte.

Stay tuned for more updates from BoF as the story develops.

From the BOF today.

No. Like, what?
It was one of the best stores in the world with the most refined selection?
What the heck? What is happening to fashion? So many brands and stores are closing. So many wrong people appointed as creative directors.Even the only true visionary Franca has died. And now this!

This is a very sad new not just as a Parisian but also for fashion and young designers.
It's my go to store since I'm 13-14 years old when I started to care about fashion I used to go almost every weekend there , buy my first pair of sneakers there and always finding and discovering new designers , collab ...
There is no other place like Colette and I can understand that she want to retire ... What 20 beautiful years and an amazing aventure
I'm glad there are not trying to change the concept store without her and just prefer to stop because Il n'y a pas de Coleltte sans Colette...:heart:

I love Colette! This is sad news to hear, but not totally unexpected.
It's become the worlds worst tourist trap, filled with overpriced junk made in China for gullible tourists. I'll miss it tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->