Color Contact Lenses

Does that go for all kinds of contact lenses, that you have to put drops in to keep from getting dry? :huh:
No, definitely not. I wear my clear contacts every day for sometimes up to 14 hours (which is longer than recommended, actually) and I've never had to use eye drops. They do tend to get a bit less comfortable the longer you leave them on, but not overly so, I would say.
Your eyes will get used to wearing contacts, anyway. When I first started wearing them they often felt uncomfortable or itchy and now I don't even notice I'm wearing them anymore.

^ Yeah, Color contacts are different then clear contacts. You cant wear colour contacts up to more then 6 hours without eye drops. :flower: Clear one's I assume are designed to be more comfortable for the eye especially to see better, whereas coloured contacts are for cosmetic reasons.
And I'm pretty sure that color cost more then clear :unsure:

Your welcome Papa_levante :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump.

I heard that contact lenses with color or a design (like cat eyes) are uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. I want to wear green ones to go with my brown hair.

Is it the quality of contacts that make for an uncomfortable contact?

I tried green contacts and they were so uncomfortable, but it was 4-5 years ago so I'm sure they've gotten much better. They weren't very natural looking either but again they've probably improved since then.

I finally got my acuvue define contacts and I'm in love. They're one of the more natural circle contacts and the only ones I could find by a well known brand. I know they're for asians but I have big eyes so I dont get that freaky alien look. No one notices that theres anything different, my eyes just stand out a little more. Now if only they were easier to get in the US. They also only come in dailys while my normal conatcts are monthly so its an adjustment.

I don't know if anyone here has ever heard of these but there's these new contacts lenses called GEO lens and they're ridiculously big in Asia... like Korea, Japan and HK and stuff. Anyways, I recently bought a pair of them because a friend's friend was selling them and they are a bit weird/kooky but they're fun for special occasions and they're also really comfortable on my eyes. They're supposed to make your pupils look brighter and fuller I think. :smile:blush:Weird I KNOW) but apparently Asians have smaller pupils or something.. I've tried Freshlooks in grey before and my eyes don't seem to agree with them. :angry:

Anywas, if anyone wants to check out these GEO lens the people that I bought them from are just starting to sell to the public. I think before they were just doing sales to friends and families and stuff like that. If anyone wants to check them out you can go to www.torontocirclelens.blogspot.com. The couple who runs the company are super friendly and just really nice in general. I also think they're doing free shipping to Canada and the US. If you PM me, I might be able to get ppl a discount for 10-15% off because they're trying to attract some new customers. :flower:

I think there's like an expensive brands used by famous names that look less fake... the rest just make people looking a bit from Mars don't they?
I've heard about this two brands: ELEGANCE OPAQUE and NATURAL TOUCH for more natural results.

I tried green contacts and they were so uncomfortable, but it was 4-5 years ago so I'm sure they've gotten much better. They weren't very natural looking either but again they've probably improved since then.

I finally got my acuvue define contacts and I'm in love. They're one of the more natural circle contacts and the only ones I could find by a well known brand. I know they're for asians but I have big eyes so I dont get that freaky alien look. No one notices that theres anything different, my eyes just stand out a little more. Now if only they were easier to get in the US. They also only come in dailys while my normal conatcts are monthly so its an adjustment.

the point of the contact is to make the size of the iris look bigger (therefore your eyes will look bigger, proportion wise, to rest of ur face) and it is meant to give you that alienish/fake doll look. :doh: i know a lot of girls wearing it in hong kong and i don't really like that :doh:

Actually, I've noticed that it just depends on what colours you wear. For example, I have a pair of brown ones from the company GEO and they actually look pretty natural when on. If you go with the solid black ones or any blues and greens, that when it looks a little stranger.

I think there's like an expensive brands used by famous names that look less fake... the rest just make people looking a bit from Mars don't they?
I've heard about this two brands: ELEGANCE OPAQUE and NATURAL TOUCH for more natural results.

If anyone knows what the expensive brand is, please let us know! I have the acuvue define and I love them but I'll look into the two you mentioned. A lot of asians get that freaky look, but if you have big eyes and get a natural color they look completely normal. My brother couldnt tell even after I pointed it out to him until I took one out. It's suddle but really brings out your eyes.

I love color contacts (especially grey and light brown)- can't live without them. Everybody here in Asia uses them, but I personally think some of the circle lenses (especially the jet black ones) look horrifying... I've tried so so so many brands that I can't even keep track, but I'd have to give everybody a piece of advice:

Stay away from the asian brands!!!
Somehow only freshlook and acuvue have managed to NOT irritate my eyes... Obviously their quality steps up a notch from asian manufactured lenses. Even the ones from japan and korea. I opened up new and expensive as hell lenses from japan a few months ago and didn't even get to wearing them, because after I opened the pack I noticed that there was a tiny part of the edge of the contact that was "ripped" off...

My friend also thinks that the asian lenses aren't manufactured up to meet any safety standards. Once she took out her blue lenses from taiwan and there were remains of the contacts still in her eyes!
I've also seen on taiwanese television that some guy got his eyes blind because he was wearing color contacts while having a barbeque and his lenses literally melted in his eyes...

Always check your lenses for faulty parts that could potentially damage your eyes. And since color contacts are obviously more damaging than the standard non-color ones, try to use the daily disposable types. They are more expensive but sure as hell more worth it in the long run.

Edit, because I wanted to talk a bit about the other stuff mentioned before this post:
For my freshlook lenses, I barely had to use eyedrops! They pretty much never irritated my eyes... Even if I left them on from morning till next morning (clubbing, of course I didn't fall asleep with contacts on!) I also love the colors of freshlook lenses, they are so natural and so well blended. They have the best color combinations and don't look at all fake.
It's good to bring a bottle of eyedrops along with you, as long as you're wearing lenses. Sometimes dust gets in and it will REALLY irritate your eyes. A drop of the eyedrops will flush the dust and debris out of your eyes... Eyedrops are also essential eye moisturizers esp. if you haven't adapted to wearing contacts yet.

My doctor also told me that if your eyes still hurt after eyedrops, it best be to just throw the contacts out. Even if they aren't close to expiration. A lot of contacts I've worn claim to be ones for two-weeks or a months but I notice that they pretty much dry up and rot after a few days...

My friend has dark amber brown eyes and wears Freshlook colourblends pure hazel & they look really natural on her! They have a nice golden tone on the inner ring and have a greenish gray on the outer ring, i didn't know she was wearing contacts until she told me.. had me fooled lol!

i wear freshlook colorblends in GREY, i have naturally dark brown eyes... and it looks very natural on me too. everyone always says they love my eye color, or is it real? it looks real, and sometimes i say yes they are real :smile:

girls where i live think that color contact lenses are essential, no matter what shade they are! i hate it, im sorry but i think faking the color of my eyes is just a little too much :(
i remember dior came up with color enhancing contacts, they had different subtle shimmers for brown or black eyes, freshlook makes the enhancing ones too, those can look pretty with the right shade, other than that is just plain.. no :(

^^ I like enhancer lenses ive seen people wear them & there really pretty, with opaque lenses if people get the colour wrong it can look hideous:blink: but if they go with a subtle natural tone it looks nice.
I have nothing against colour contacts i'd wear them if i could, but i've been blessed with 2 different coloured eyes :flower:

Also these lenses are beautiful i saw someone wear them at my opticians, there waicon trikolor i believe.

waikontrikolorgreen004emaillx0.jpg

waikontrikolorblue032rh6.jpg

waikontrikolorgrayannual001vj0.jpg

aclens

I might be a freak of nature, but when I tried colour contact lenses they didn't cover my entire iris. There was a big awkward ring of blue, and since you can't order them in any bigger sizes, I'm out of luck!

^Awww... They make bigger sizes here, but the quality isn't so good :(

http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/wearingmode6.html

That site is really good and REALLY fast. I tried the soflens natural colours bc i read good things, but if you look on the size they are bigger than the freshlook...

I got them tried them on expecting the differenc eto be minimal but i couldnt actually wear them because they were so big i couldnt blink...it was like wearing a massive jacket on my eye. Anyway, the company weregreat after i called and explained and they gave me a refund. (I did send them back).

I also ordered a black pair recently, i have dark hazelish eyes, and wanted something darker but naturalish, so im hoping these are going to do that. i dont want them to look freaky, but we'll see! I havent used them yet.

i have green eyes and use freshlook s sea green for enhancement sometimes. thing is when i put them on, my eyes get very very blurry which makes kinda diffiult for me to see.

i like circle lenses, gives you the cute cartoon effect but can't wear them long since they turn eyes red and dries them out :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->